Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, FEB. 11)

@LindaLatte  I hope your beloved is enjoying the visit from his DD.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

,Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, FEB. 11)

@Bird mama wrote:

@nana59

Nana, that sound fun.  Could you ask him to send your winter my way in Michigan?  We've had a lousy winter.

It would be my pleasure!  More snow headed our way Sunday and Monday!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ,Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, FEB. 11)

[ Edited ]

Linda--I am glad that DH's DD is able to visit him and is with you. I know it is difficult for both of you to face the challenges DH is having at this point.

Twinny--I am sorry about the tragedy. You live in a tight kniit community that is very supportive.

Bernie--Some people are able to wear styles such as the TSV and look good in them. I am not one of them,  nor did I think some of the larger hosts looked good.

Nana--Please keep the snow in your area. We may be getting it about the same time I'm supposed to go to the city  for the bladder scope and kidney scope.

I have a definite opinion about holes in jeans as well as frayed jeans. When I was growing up, no one would be caught out in publiic wearing jeans with holes or frayed as it would appear that they were too poor to afford nicer items or items not  with holes, etc. Now, you pay big bucks to buy jeans with big holes or with frayed hems.

I also believe people can consider a fashion trend but they should put a priority on how the item makes them look. Remember "Dress for Success?" Sometimes, people do not put forth their best image. If hippy, why buy items that emphasize the hips? That is only one example.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

Funny, I just turned on the TSV, after a short afternoon of shopping.  It is true, many of the Spring tops are showing hi, low and ruffles etc.  I have personally found that only 10% of these tops fit me well, it really depends on the cut, design etc but it seems like these are tops that one would really have to try on vs. orderting off a TV. 

Today, I had to return an item.  After one washing, it was damaged and should not have been.   The store was fine with the return and I bought something else to replace.  I, now, save every recepit and staple the clothing tags to the receipt.  I used to not do this thinking that if I love it etc...no need.  However, clothes are not made as well today etc so I have no issue with taking stuff back and this system works well for me.  I try to avoid returns but I probably return about 4 or 5 items a year. 

Not much else going on.  I hope all is well with everyone. 

Esteemed Contributor

Gayle--That is a great idea about stapling receipt to clothing tag just in case something needs to be returned, especially if not surviving limited use.  I think it is getting to the point where all items need to be tried on. I remember trying on a top on sale at JCP. It fit so well that I bought two more in different colors in the same siize. I was in a hurry so didn't try them on assuming they would fit like the one I had tried on. I found out differently  when I got home. One was cut smaller and one was larger.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry for the blank post.  DH was able to walk a little yesterday, but not today.

It was nice to have  his daughter here for a little while.  I am still behind the curve in getting my weekend chores done, but I hope to finish this evening.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Just courious when this thread title is SHOPAHOLICS one day at a time are you serious this is a place to come so a person will have strength not to buy?

Esteemed Contributor

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

Just courious when this thread title is SHOPAHOLICS one day at a time are you serious this is a place to come so a person will have strength not to buy?

Yes, we are serious & we encourage each other to shop wisely.  Is it a need or a want helps us to decide whether to buy something or pass on it.