Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, FEB. 11)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a warmer day which is very welcomed but stil far below the record high we had the other day.  I'm debating grocery shopping in the city either today or tomorrow. Right now, it is so comfy just sitting here but if I stay here, I'll have to tackle the kitchen later.

The Logo TSV is not a look I would wear. I can just see those ruffles hitting around hip level shouting out, "Look at my hips and how much bigger they now look!"  I'm not a skinny person so this is not a feature I want to emphasize.

I'm too much of a classics person who chooses things that can be mixed together. I will pay a bigger price for an item that I know will be cost effective and will survive several wearings or even multiple years. I will not pay that price for a Logo item, not because of the quality as I have no basis to judge it but because I know it would not be worn much and would not meet the cost per wearing test.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, FEB. 11)

Hi everybody,

http://www.lovethispic.com/image/239166/wishing-you-a-cozy-saturday-snoopy-quote

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thanks for the great graphic. A cosy Saturday is, indeed, something on the agenda. I don't have a fireplace but I will still be comfy.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Going to see Matt Franco tonight with my family.  He's the magician who won America's Got Talent.  Maybe he can make all the snow here in RI disappear!  Looking forward to his show!

Esteemed Contributor

Nananana--Welcome to the thread. I love good magic shows, and it would be great if he could make Winter disappear. Wishful thinkiing on my part but one can hope! Enjoy your outing!

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it is warmer but cloudy again today.  40's most of next week.  No TSV for me.

meallen, cute graphic.

Nananana, have fun at the magician show.  Our hometown has a wonderful one, but he spends his winters in CA.  He is now 90 years old & we did see him  August.

It is with sadness that I am saying hi to all of you.  Our town  had a horrible car accident yesterday afternoon on the city limits.  2 teens now dead, 2 other people are fighting for their lives.  Apparently one driver went through a stop sign.  

All sports were cancelled last night & tonight as well as the HS musical which was to start last night.  I knew that there was an accident, but didn't expect something like this.  DD sent me an email asking about an accident because her eldest son came home from school saying their girls basketball game was cancelled because of a fatal car accident.  Our team was playing their team. We have a tight knit community & there will be a vigil tonight downtown.  We will go if it isn't raining.

My cousin is coming soon & we will be going to a funeral.  She is fun easy company & will stay overnight.  Guest bedroom is all ready.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/afternoon, and thanks for getting us started,Jean. DH's DD is here at his facility with me.  He's still in his wheelchair, and it was difficult to change him yesterday evening before bed.  At least he is in good humor.

The TSV is not my style either, Jean.  To each his or her own as they say.

Cute graphic, meallen.

Hope you enjoy the magician, our new poster.  I never cared for magic shows, but I know  they appeal to many.

So sorry to hear about the tragic deaths and injuries in your community, Twinny. Enjoy time with your cousin.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  Jean, I'm seeing lots of ruffles like those in the TSV out there - even JCP has many tops with that type of detail.  Physically/shape wise I probably could wear them - I am however in my mid 50's and don't want to look like I'm channeling Bette Davis in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@nana59

Nana, that sound fun.  Could you ask him to send your winter my way in Michigan?  We've had a lousy winter.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70  While I am sorry that your cousin is visiting for a somber occasion, I am glad she is there to keep you company and hopefully cheer you a bit after the tragic accident in town last night.