Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, FEB 10)

Good morning, shopping friends. The Midwest is having its snowfall, and we are having a deluge of rain expected with flood warnings issued.

I still plan to go to the city to get my hair cut, etc. and pick up some groceries. I won't be keeping myself there any longer than necessary as there are two place between my place and the city in which the roads closse when flooding takes place.

We are one-third through the month. The only item I have bought has been the Denim & Co. capris which are at the Post Office awaiting my pick up. The price on them on pre-Spring Fashion Day was too good to pass up. They are now on clearance at a higher price.

I am downing my second cup of coffee. Afterwards, I will be heading for the city. Resistance is not futile; only needs will be purchased.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely one day at a time.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, FEB 10)

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat  Have fun in the city today.  I have no idea why I woke up (without an alarm) before 6:30 this morning.  I stayed up and for the first time in a long time was able to watch AM Style when it started.  I need to mail my niece 'in the woods' a birthday card, hit the grocery store on the way home and maybe grab a pizza.  Considering the amount of snow that I shoveled yesterday, I don't feel very sore.  It's that magic shovel Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started soon.  Hope all goes well in the city, and the roads don't pose any issues.  

I did resist the TSV yesterday, so I guess I have made it one-third of the month without a clothing/shoe/purse, etc. purchase.  That should not be remarkable, but I have to admit that it is.  I hope that I am building up my "wanty" resistance.  Hope you like the capris when you pick them up.  They were certainly a bargain.  After your discussion, I took a quick inventory of my capris, and I think I could use a couple of colors.  No need to rush to purchase them, but I do wear capris at least six months of the year due to our warm/hot weather.

Glad you aren't sore after all your shoveling, Bernie.  Hope you have a nice day and are enjoying all of AM Style.  I'd have to get up very early to see the whole show, and that is not happening this time of the year.  I "sleep in" until 6:10 a.m. these days, but AM Style starts at 5:00 a.m. my time.  

Belated Happy Birthday to Marijane!  Hope it was a good day.

DH was okay yesterday -- not smiling quite as much and more sleepy, but not bad.  I'll be visiting him later this morning.  Otherwise, I have no special plans -- laundry, weekly financial review, etc.  It is supposed to reach the high 70's today, but turn cooler next week.  Still not bad -- highs in the 60's and low 70's.  Good time of the year to be in southern Arizona.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have  nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Good job on the shoveling with no pain today. My "magic shovel" has yet to see any use since I got it as I received it after the last "significant" snow. Sometimes here, waiting for the sun come out can take care of just an inch of snow. We do have big snows but so far this year, we have been in luck. Enjoy those Or Paz earrings.

Linda--Good job on resisting yesterday's TSV. I liked it and might have been tempted if there was a print I liked. You usually make wise purchases, and waiting to purchase some capris might be a good idea.

I think the TSV is a good deal but I have half a bottle of the 32 oz Purity in my bathroom. I'll just buy the cleanser when I need it, and that might be some time as I have some Ole Henrikson as a gift. I have plenty of moisturizer. No need to add to the stash.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

Be careful in this winter weather,

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/303118-Hello-Friends-Happy-Saturday-Enjoy-Your-Coffee.jpg

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning everyone - I've been reading our threads, but haven't posted for a while.  Jean - thanks for getting us started today.  Enjoy your trip into the city and hope it rains without flooding.  Send some rain our way!  twinny - your bathroom remodel sounds both nice and practical - hope that you're pleased with the way it turns out.  Susan - don't know if you'll check in today, but I wanted to say how sorry I am that your dog passed away.  The loss of a pet is difficult and I wish you the best.  (((hugs))).  Bernie - I chuckled at your description of having to lug all of your belongings back and forth to work.  Maybe you're building up muscle, and that's what's helping to make the snow shoveling easier???  Linda - good for you for resisting the "wanties".  You continue to inspire me with your exercise

Other than doing my normal chores this past week, I spent a lot of time watching what the stock market was doing.  I really hadn't made any purchases last year, nor had I bought any stocks within our funded ROTHs for this year.  I finally decided to nibble a little here and there, but it takes time to make those decisions.

This afternoon I am driving my mother and another elderly woman to a memorial service.  The man who passed away was a wonderfully kind and interesting man.  He was raised in China by missionary parents and spoke Chinese.  During WWII he was in the navy working in the kitchen/galley with Chinese workers.  They didn't know that he understood everything they were saying.  He said they were astonished when they found out, and would only speak Chinese to him from them on.  He said it was a good thing, because it reinforced the language in him that had begun to fade.  He was a lovely human being.

And on that note, I think I had better go get a few things done around the house.  Hope you all have a nice day!  ~  Charlene 

Edited to add - meallen - just wanted to say thank you for the cute graphics you post so faithfully!

Honored Contributor

@meallen616  Are you getting snow in Jersey?  

Honored Contributor

Aww Charlene @cerb, it's nice of you to take your mom and her friend to the memorial service.