Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, DEC. 7

I received an message in Kohl's message center regarding their mailing process which might be of interest to all. I had no idea that the mailings and promotions, etc. were developed so far in advance. The message follows:

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your inquiry. There are many factors that can prevent you from receiving your mailers including: your account status, address changes, payment delinquency, and lack of purchase activity. If any of these criteria are met, it may cause a delay in receiving your mailers, as our mailers are printed and addressed 4 to 8 weeks in advance and held with the US Postal Service until the delivery dates printed on the mailers. Due to these lead times required as part of the marketing process, it may take 12 to 16 weeks for you to begin receiving mailers again. I hope you find this information helpful. We appreciate the time you took to contact us and look forward to serving you again.

Looks like it might be Spring before I get another promotional mailing.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Thanks for all the nice birthday wishes.  It has been a good birthday.  First, they had a volunteer appreciation brunch/lunch for the senior lunch program, etc volunteers..  It was very nice, and my buddy came and gave me a card despite not usually liking those sorts of functions.  The group sang happy birthday for me and John (another volunteer whose birthday is tomorrow).  

A couple of ladies at my table were discussing their financial difficulties, and I have to say it was upsetting.  Hopefully, both of them will be okay.

My hospice visit went well, and then I stopped by Starbucks for my free birthday coffee.  I couldn't decide what to prepare for dinner, so I bought a "TV dinner" for tonight.  I have some desserts from the party and some leftover vegetables from last night..

DD and family have called/texted, and I received lots of nice cards, e-mails, Facebook greetings, and a gift from DD (special hairdryer).   Also received a small Starbucks card from the hospice volunteer coordinator.

That is weird about your Kohl's account, Jean.  This morning, I got yet another e-mail from one of the monitoring services saying my e-mail might have been compromised (nothing happened yet), so I changed my password yet again.  Seems like I have to do that all the time.

I do plan to do some holiday baking, but I have cut way back since I live alone and don't work.  Actually, it seems like many people are not thrilled to receive holiday cookies, etc. since they are on a diet or have food restrictions or do their own baking.  I do bake things like banana bread and apple cake for the senior lunch program year-round.

Sorry about the situation with your DD and family, twinny.  I am glad that the children seem to be doing okay, and both your DD and SIL want to be parents and keep you in their lives.  That is important.  

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.  Thanks again for the birthday wishes.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

It sounds like you had lovely birthday Linda @LindaLatte   

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise