Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, DEC. 3)

Good morning, shopping friends. Welcome to "Free Shipping Day." If that isn't incentive enough, beauty items are on 6 easy pays. Now, to use our best judgement to determime if the incentives to buy are sufficient to overcome any reluctance on our part.

I've been fighting a cold while still working and doing the phyical therapy. I was so tired when I got home from work, I just ate and crashed in the bed. I appear to be feeling better today but the food cupboards are getting bare so I may be grocery shopping either today or tomorrow.

The black Aerosoles boots are working surprisingly well and are so comfortable. When I arrived home yesterday, I saw the gray version had arrived with another great fit which for the price has been a great find for me. Boots are a hard to find fit for me so I am enjoying these.

The Philosophy TSV does not appeal to me. It is a great value for those who like Philosophy but for some reason the shower gel itches me to death so I had to quit and use one for sensitive skin and which is far cheaper. It is all suds down the drain, and hopefully also any dead skin cells so price is an issue as well as comfort. The fragrace is acceptable but the EDP doesn't last long on me.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, DEC. 3)

@KonaKat  Hi Jean, as someone who is recovering from a cold, I completely understand the exhaustion.  This cold kicked my butt.  

I ordered the TSV in Unconditional Love.  The last time I ordered my Unconditional Love was April 2015 and I had just made a mental note over the Thanksgiving weekend that was getting low on my cologne.  

Goes to show how much I pay attention to the Insider magazine that I receive, lol.  When they announced the TSV last night, I had the nerve to be surprised - oh my.

I haven't done any grocery shopping since the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and I'm out of soup so I will have to go today or tomorrow :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Enjoy the TSV. I once used "Falling in Love" but have not tried your scent. It is a great bargain. It is amazing how a cold can zap you leaving you with diminished energy.

I am on a boot kick as I had to replace mine this year after a foot injury resulted in my needing a different size. The gray with black Aerosoles are great but I decided to try the Earth shoes boot in merlot that was on clearance in Leah's show. That does it as I now have 3 pair of boots in various colors.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Morning, Thanx @KonaKat for the start, sorry to hear you also are fighting a cold, sometimes it hangs on for a long time, try to get some rest, I think that really helps.  Glad those boots are working out to be a good choice.

@Bird mama, I'm also looking at the tsv, can't decide, amazing or pure, do like both of them & I think it being perfume the scent will last longer, they both are good choices for the airport, not "in your face" so to speak, just clean.  Have fun grocery shopping.

Today is again dreary & much cooler, got my corduroys out, I know many don't like them, including my girls, but I love 'em.

Waves & Hugs to All

Essie

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

The earth boots were very pretty in the merlot and I hope they work out for you.

As far as the TSV, knowing me I will keep the cologne and tub of moisturizer and give the shower gel to a girl at work.  I'll still feel like I got a bargain.

Honored Contributor

@spix

I live in cords from October through April (providing it's not a hot spring, lol).

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I have also been fighting a cold & a nagging cough.  I was able to get my infusion yesterday.  I have Aerosoles sandals which are very comfy. I haven't tried the boots though.  I like some of the Philosophy shower gels, but I buy them at Marshall's.

Bird Mama, getting a butt kicking cold is maddening to me.  Mine is minor, but I am staying inside today as it is cloudy & cool.  Oh, the sun is out.

Spix, I haven't had any of the Philosophy sprays, but I am sensitive to some so I just avoid them.  They do seem like a clean scent.  Enjoy.

I slept in & haven't had coffee or breakfast yet.  I did have s 1:30 a.m. cup of hot lemon & a piece of SF cheesecake.  DH is up & doing his Saturday morning chores.  He spotted my dishes & asked what time I treated myself.

I missed all of AMS & free shipping hasn't enticed me yet.

We are expecting 1-3" of snow tomorrow.  The Subaru is back to new again.  We were very happy with the final results.  The gal totally cleaned it inside & outside & it has a great pineapple smell.

My brother was rear ended at the grocery store this week & is going through the same process.  His college son leaves tomorrow for Puerto Rico for a week of swimming.  How fun.  He is a fabulous swimmer as are his siblings.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

SPIX & Bird Mama, I have 6 pairs of cords in all colors from JCP & they are my go to all winter.  I just started wearing them this week as we had the 3rd mildest November ever.

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Danger-Women-Shopping-Posters_i8917699_.htm

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Splitting up the TSV for gifts  is a great option. Also, eBay will soon be flooded with these kits being split up and sold as individual items.

Essie--Enjoy the cords. I know many enjoy them and if you do then that is the important thing.

Twinny---I hope you get over your cold soon and your recovery from the infusion goes wll. Glad you enjoy the Aerosoles sandals. Snow in the forecast isn't good.

meallen--Cute graphic as some of us are shopping.

I went to town to deposit a check and then stopped by the Dollar Store to pick up a bag of snow melt Twinny's comment reminded me that I should get a supply just in case. I forgot one year and when the snow arrived, all had been sold out. We panic at the word of "snow."