Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, DEC. 26

Good morning, shopping friends. I was up bright and early and I got on the scales for the first time in months. I just haven't been good about that as I haven't been "good" since I  had the cardiac ablation. To my surprise, I had gained but not to the degree I expected. Christmas is now behind me, so now  I can work on eating sensibly again.

I turned on the Q early in prep for seeing AM Style and saw a Zulily commercial so I guess the Q is promoting its affiliation with it. I saw Susan Graver present a jacket on clearance with was a recent TSV. I have that jacket in 3 colors. It is a great jacket with good reviews. I wouldn't have bought it in 3 colors if the original was not a winner.

I hope each of you had a great Christmas in whatever manner you chose to spend it. We are now back to more normal but part of me expects to hear the Q say "it is only 364 days until Christmas."

Have a great weekend. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, DEC. 26

Good Morning Jean,

You are a girl after my own heart.  When I find something that bowls me over and fits well, I but it in multiple colors.  I am really guilty of that with shoes and I have quite a collection of St Johns Bay crewneck long sleeved tees from JCP.

I'm sure we will be hearing about working off what we ate during the holidays and there will be a focus on fitness in January.  I'll try not to do a double take when they mention how soon spring will be here and how nice I'd look for shorts if I buy whatever piece of fitness equipment they offer.

Meanwhile, I wait for snow as fall and winter are my favorite seasons :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Good morning Ladies, I hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday.  Jean I had noticed  weeks ago on Zulily ...That whatever the s/v was on q it was on their website too...I receive an email every morning from them.(Zulily)..have ordered several items but it takes 2 or more weeks to receive and you can't return items unless damaged etc.  I have gotten 2 sets of comforters from them that I had my eye on in Macy's but they had sold out....saw them on Zuiliys and the set even came with a bed skirt and throw pillows all lower price  tnan Macy's and at Macy's they were all seperate purchases.  I have seen Clarks shoes there too..have never ordered clothing etc but have gotten toys etc.

I just saw a forecast for the coming week and the dreaded 4 letter word has reared it's ugly head....SNOW....Monday night maybe an inch or so.  I was hoping winter was forgotten here and spring not far behind......guess not.

Well one of my overnight nighters just got up so I better go. Have a nice day...Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--I can't wait for the "new year new you" presentations.  Of course, it is a great time to tie products into people's newly formed resolutions before they give up. 

Marijane--I don't want to hear about the dreaded four letter weather word. These record highs have been great. I've never ordered anything from  Zulily as I'm hesitant about ordering and not being able to return.

I guess I could venture out for after Christmas sales, but the roads are cut off in places by flooding so I don't want to risk it. Even if the roads were clear, I don't want to deal with the "returns" crowd. I'm one of those who loves it when I get gift cards.

I see on FB that many people are taking down their Christmas decorations today incluidng the tree.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

I like gift cards too.  The only reasons I am venturing to Meijers at all today are:

1.  It's sort of a tradition to hit at least one store with middle sister

2.  Meijer's can't be more than 2 miles from my house

Our pavement was dry as a cork on Christmas Eve and I was seeing accidents and cop cars left and right around the 6pm hour.  Folks were aggressive on Christmas Eve, when folks should be 'in the spirit'.  No way do I want to deal with aggressive shoppers at a mall today.

Seriously, I like to save money, but I like to spare my nerves aggravation even more.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I saw the Zulily ad also.  I am not familiar with that yet.  I don't mind buying multiples of what I like.  Bird Mama, I already dread the exercise things that we will see in January.  Our weather turned cold yesterday, but it is still much better than hot & humid.  We had such a fabulous long fall thus year.  DH is up so it is breakfast time.  I feel much better today.  We had a nice lunch here on Thursday & mom did get to come join us all in the afternoon.  Her memory is poor, but she did recognize all of us.  I got a new tablet from DD& DSIL sonI am still in practice mode.

Trusted Contributor

Jean that is the only problem about Zuilily's......but the 2 comforters were a winner.  My sister in law orders a lot of kids clothes for her GC...she has 7 and says if they don't fit one it will someone else.  

Bernie I don't think I'd venture out to a store today......I am sure everyone is getting a pile of sale emails today.  I see the two of us...(Jean too.) ...are on a different page as far as weather goes, LindaL also included on  my side!

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I am so glad that you had a good Christmas and that your mother was able to join you. You have had a rough year, but I know you treasure the time you have with your mother. Enjoy your new tablet.

Good grief!! An OTO that only costs $12.98 and they have it on 4 easy pays. They must be doing their best to get rid of the item, an identity protection tape thingie with gift boxes.

Trusted Contributor

Twinny happy to hear your mom was able to join you yesterday and that you are feeling better.        Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry I hit post by mistake.  Our DS did arrive safely so we saw him yesterday. His dear wife flies in today so we will be taking our DC,  their spouses & our DGC for a nice lunch tomorrow.  Marijane, we might get a little snow on Monday.  Nothing exciting going on today.  Maybe that is a good thing right now.