Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, DEC. 21)

[ Edited ]

Greetings, shopping friends.Today is a sunny day and one much welcomed as the days will now begin getting longer in t he Northern hemisphere. 

Today, I inflated my tires to the prooper pressure using my gadget I have at home. This is much easier than using a questionnable air supply at a gas station. I also fixed a Christmas gift of useful items for a family in need.

I watched part of AM Style but did not get overwhelmed. I guess thefashion clearance wil soon begin. I have my eye on a Denniis Basso jacket waiting to see if they will reduce it even more. I alreadyf have it and like it and got it when it first went on clearance.

I see they are now promoting Tova's Signature Parfum. I remember once getting it but no men followed me to the elevator as she said during the presentation. It was a nice parfum but yours triuly droppedd the bottle and spilled it all. The bathroom smelled good for a day or two.

This is a good article on free shippping :

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/01/the-myth-of-free-shipping/603031/

Have a great day. If youi shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, DEC. 21)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  It is sunny but very cool here.  When I woke up, it was only 28 degrees.  That was lower than expected, and I was worried about my plants that I had not covered. I think they are okay, but.....  It should be much warmer later (upper 60's), and I thought about waiting to walk until the warmer temperatures arrived, but ended up taking a short walk in the cold.  I wanted to get a card in the mailbox, and mail is being picked up at 10:30.  I bundled up, so it wasn't too bad. 

I am sure you intended to include three different links, but they were the same on my computer (myth of free shipping).  Nice of you to help a family in need.  

Given the time difference, etc., I didn't see all of AM Style, but like you I wasn't too tempted.  I will be looking at fashion clearance items just in case there might be some items I have on my wish list.

Nothing exciting planned here -- laundry, weekly financial review, and a hospice visit this afternoon.  I am considering making some muffins.  They were giving out muffin samples at Sprouts yesterday, and I really enjoyed it.  But, I bristle at paying the price (sale price of $4 for four muffins), plus I have more control over the ingredients.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning shopping buddies! It has been raining here almost non-stop for the past few days. My trail walking days are on hold, as I don't like walking in dreary weather.  My spirits are high however, because everyday is a blessing to be thankful for.

Yesterday, I handed out my handmade Christmas goodies. I filled some of  the mini Temptations holiday loaf pans, then beautifully wrapped them in cellophane and ribbon. I also filled some of the LocknLock rectangle containers with holiday bags. They made such a nice presentation, and each gift was well received. I only wish I'd purchased more, so I will definitely stock up when they go on clearance.

As far as shopping goes, I am revving up for the after Christmas clearance bonanza. Vroooom, vroooom!

Have a wonderful day!!!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   you must really want me to read about the myths of free shipping Woman Wink

I watched Joel's last Honora show on Mary Beth's facebook page while kind of listening to AM Style this morning.  I was asleep by the time Joel and Mary Beth showed up at 11 pm last night.  End of era Heart

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaLatte Don't ask me how that link got posted 3 times; it was not intentional and I didn't see it like that when I went to hit the submit button. I went back and deleted the excess links (I hope).

@Bird mama I wasn't aware that Joel's Honora show was the last. It seemed that every year for Christmas, he always had those pearl stud earrings offered in choice of fashion colors or regular.

@SandySparkles  Your gifts sounded so nice the way you prepared them. I'm sure they were appreciated. I got those Lock n Lock containers and put candy in them for office gifts.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.