Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, DEC. 2)

Good morning, shopping friends. I have been up since 5am so this will be a long day. So much for sleeping in on a Saturday.

I am currently watching AM Style, but primarily using it as background sound as I surf the net. I know that all items have free shipping but that in itself is not enough to entice me to buy unless it was an item requiring a big shipping fee. The gasoline cost of going to the city and back without any guaranteed "find" is more than the $3 to $6 shipping fee on most lightweight items sold by the Q.

I did order from Amazon a magnetic mini exerise bike that has great reviews. It arrived in two days with free shipping.  It has over 600 customer reviews with average rating of 4.5 out of 5. I have assembled it so it is ready to go. It is very quiet and does not move when used. The challenge now is to use it.

The Philosophy Purity 3 piece set is a good buy but I just started using a supersized Purity that I found stashed away. For me, a 32 oz. size lasts a long time. I'm sure that there will be another deal in the future. If not, so be it!

I really liked the Earth Ankle boots that are on clearance but I don't need additional shoes. Resistance is not futile!

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, DEC. 2)

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat.  Have you sat on the bike and tried it yet?  When you pedal, does it feel like real resistance?  I ask this because the last exercise bike I enjoyed, was old school (nothing magnetic).  When my husband had to go through cardiac rehab, we bought a treadmill (actually treadmill was delivered the day he had a minor cardiac scare) and then a nordic track recumbent bike.

That recumbent bike had magnets and I don't know if it was the magnets or the fact that my long legs and back couldn't adapt to the recumbent design - I hated that bike and when husband died I gave it to eldest sister (don't know if she ever used it - probably been sold as part of the estate now).

I wouldn't mind an exercise bike in the family room, when I watch TV.  

Oh yea, is the seat comfy?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--I have always like recumbant bikes and were recommended by my orthopedic a few years ago. The problem is that they take up space. What I got is a mini-cycle. The magnetic ones are the highest end of the spectrum, are heavier and provides a better workout at each resistance level. The one I have weighs 21 pounds.

This is an external review of the Sunny Health and Fitness Magnetic Mini Exercise Bike which I got at Amazon:

The first of the magnetic resistance bikes discussed by us, this model is positively reviewed and widely appreciated by those who have bought it in the past.

The reviews indicate the step up in quality and usability between friction and magnetic resistance bikes.

The magnetic resistance bikes like the Sunny are heavier (21lbs) due to use of flywheels but are more stable in use than friction bikes. They also offer a smoother pedalling action allowing the user to get more out of the different resistance levels.

The Sunny comes with eight different resistance levels, has pedal straps and a reasonable exercise monitor on board. The Sunny is a mid price range bike. A very good choice if you want a basic, smooth, magnetic mini exercise bike. Ideal for intermediate work.

http://www.stepper-guide.com/are-mini-exercise-bikes-effective

When I did physical therapy last year, I was considering this but asked their opinion. It is a great option for people with knee problems. Any cardio effect depends upon resistance used, speed and time spent in the exercise. My knees are really beginninng to give me problems again, so I decided to buy it.

Yes, I just spent 15 minutes on it. I like it. The pedaling is very smooth and quiet. It definitely does not move when I use it. When I used it, I sat in my usual chair I use when watching TV  with it placed in front and cycled away.

This is a pic of it:

bike.JPG

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I have read all week, but haven't had time to post.

Jean, I had a recumbent bike that I really liked, but it took up a lot of space.  I hope that you like your new one.

Bird Mama, I hope that your work load gets better.

It has been so nice for about 2 weeks that I am making the most of it.  I have been hanging lots of laundry out, mopeding & walking.

I spent 15 minutes  3 day's in a row this week getting Christmas things out.  All done except for our open stairway.  The lighted Garland bit the dust & no stores in town have any left.  I hope to go to the Capitol city this month when our dgc have their band concerts 

We are heading to a nearby town for some good cheese & then on to the next town for its Fire & Ice celebration.  Ice carvings if the ice doesn't melt too fast, cocoa & craft show.

It will be in  50's again today.  It will be getting colder by Tuesday & maybe some much needed snow.

Our ds & ddil left on Thursday for Germany.  They want to see a play & do some fun open market Christmas shopping.  They deserve a fun trip, so we are happy for them. They will be gone 10 day's, hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  duh, that's what I get for not reading your first post thoroughly.  I thought it was a sit on bike.  I'm losing it :-)

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  I'm learning, ha ha ha.  I just placed an order with Vitacost and then it hit me that I didn't check ebates.  Vitacost has 3% today so I was able to cancel the order (it had been less than 10 minutes) and I will re-order through ebates.

I also want the Philosophy TSV in the Unconditional Love scent.  I order once a year and this is a good deal considering what I pay for 4 ounce cologne.  Guess what - I remembered ebates for that one too, rofl.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I do hope you enjoy the Fire and Ice celebration. Any snow that you might want please keep up your way. It is pretty but it makes it dangerous to get out on crooked roads. The trip to Germany by your family sounds like a wonderfull way to celebrate the holidays.

Bernie---Patience does pay off when it comes to learning new things. You will soon master eBates. When you get bored, just look at all the stores they link to for a rebate. If it is something you are planning to buy or use, sometimes it pays to check out eBates.. The Philosophy TSV is a good deal. Enjoy it!!

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  That is an early start for your day.  Hope you get a lot of use from new  exercise equipment.  I have never gotten into exercise bikes, but I know they are popular.  Hi Bernie, Twinny and all of our posters and readers.

DH is in his wheelchair sleeping, but seems better than yesterday.  I hope he will eat lunch.  One day at a time for sure.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Hugs, 

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

Related image

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon everyone!  Jean - the mini exercise bike looks intriguing.  Let us know how you like it.  And you're right - resistance is not futile, whether in exercise or shopping!  Bernie - did you survive your hectic week alright?  Twinny- hope you enjoy the Fire & Ice Celebration.  Sounds fun, we don't have anything like that close by.  It's neat that your DS and family get to go to Germany!  Linda - continued (((hugs))) on your journey with your DH.  Meallen - thank you for the cute graphics you send us every day.

Thursday went well as my DD and I decorated my mom's house for Christmas. Yesterday my DH and I spent most of the day running errands and getting a bit of Christmas shopping done.  Our garage door opener broke this week, so that's one of the new things we needed to purchase.  I'm kind-of tired today, but that's okay.  I'm getting laundry done and am cleaning jewelry while watching a Christmas movie or two.  That's a pleasant way to relax while still accomplishing something.  Tonight we are attending our first Christmas party of the year.  My friend decorates her house to the nth degree - I'm looking forward to my DD seeing it for the first time, lol.  

Waves to all of our regulars and visitors alike ~ Charlene