Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, DEC. 18)

Kathleen: I have been watching your progress on FB. You look amazing. I am sure that sweatshirt is huge on you!

I concur with all the thoughts on Claudia. I know how devoted she was to her family and her beloved animals. The sudden losses are difficult.

At church this morning I heard of a family who lost two sons to suicide this week. I didn't know them but thar was heartbreaking to those left behind.

Karen (long time old poster) said goodbye to her beloved kitty this weekk.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow Linda @kittyfan  my hearts go out to the family who lost their two sons.  I've lost someone that way and it took me 10 years to not have the shakes and be a nervous wreck on the anniversary.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

FYI. It was Karen Leigh who lost her kitty.

Yes I was shaken when I heard of the family losing Two sons days apart. My nephews ex wife took her life and it affects so many.
Esteemed Contributor

@kittyfan wrote:
FYI. It was Karen Leigh who lost her kitty.

Yes I was shaken when I heard of the family losing Two sons days apart. My nephews ex wife took her life and it affects so many.

I am so sorry to hear about the family losing two sons & your nephew's ex wife.  One of my childhood friends lost her son to suicide when he was just 13 back in 1989.  The sadness is always there.

Respected Contributor

Burdmama: I realized you probably did not know Karen. She posted long ago and hasn't participated in years. Lots of posters have come and gone. I have read but don't often post. Kathleen and I have kept in contact and our paths do cross from time to time.
Honored Contributor

@kittyfan   Oh no are you talking about Buster?

Honored Contributor

@kittyfan   Karen posted in the fashion as Buttercup.  She's a facebook friend and I haven't been on facebook much at all this year.  Better go log on.

Esteemed Contributor

I have posts on Friday and Saturday's posts.  Sorry I went from one to the other.  

I am having a lazy day.  It was a busy weekend.  On Christmas Day, we are going to one of my dh's brother's and sisters in law for lunch.  Then we are going to stop by their Mom's place.  She is back in her apt.,  but can't get out much anymore.  Her memory is pretty good, so we are glad for that.

My brother's eldest ds is a meteorologist at a TV station in Paducah, KY & was lucky not to be in the path of the tornado.  He said the devastation was worse seeing it in person than at the TV Station.  

Glenda

Respected Contributor

Yes Buttercuo. She rarely posts but did post saying he wasn't doing well and then had to say her goodbyes.

I am certain the visual is much worse than the TV coverage. Such incredible devastation.
Honored Contributor

@kittyfan  I went to Facebook and posted my condolences.  Thank God you posted something here.