Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, DEC. 18)

Hi Everyone!

Twinny--Enjoy your Christmas lunch tomorrow. It sounds like a wonderful meal! YUM!! You sure have been super busy prepping . I think thats the secret to being able to enjoy the day so you're not stuck in the kitchen on the event day.  

Sorry to hear about your grand niece's status. I will continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers as well as the entire family.

LindaLatte---Sorry to hear abou tthe sudden death of Claudia. I'm not sure if I know her forum name but nevertheless her sudden death is very sad. I will pray for her family. 

Sorry to hear about the news with your friend Bev. We have a neighbor that has had 3 bouts of cancer and just got the all clear only to find out that now he has cancer in his liver. They are going to put a port in and think he has a good chance. He is in his senior years so we have our fingers crossed for him. I will keep Bev in my prayers for a good outcome and some luck.

We got the phone call this morning that our kids and his inlaws need a new furnace. They all live together in the same house. The price kept going up with the quotes so it's a bit disconcerning. They are scheduled to start tomorrow (yes on Sunday). I have my fingers and toes crossed.

It's warm and raining today. UGH!!! I'm hoping the cool temps arrive tomorrow so I can takle some Christmas errands. I am too far behind this year and it's making me semi anxious over the entire thing. I did receive the jersey this morning so that was a relief. Our dil seldom asks for anything special so I really wanted to treat her. Now if the shoes show up at the door I think the pressure will be off my head. 

The delivery gift box has dwindled down to just a few little gifts. I don't know why I didn't think of this years ago. The hubby is going to drive the little gift to the beauty shop this week. I keep forgetting to wrap that and find a card. 

I enjoyed watching on jewelry day. I did order one thing because it was an instant "that's what I've been searching for years". I can't remember the last time I purcahsed a hubby gift to me for me. I just wait until I see something no matter how many years past. I'm not one that has to have a gift on that occasion for that year. 

I've been watching multiple holiday/"chick" movies for weeks now to help me sleep. It helps me sleept....that and ice skating. LOL It knocks the dogs out in under 10 minutes. I sure can have a good time. 

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening. Enjoy your holiday lunches, open houses and dinners.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, DEC. 18)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Claudia's name here was .  She and her husband had two dogs and numerous cats.  She spent a huge amount of time taking care of both her husband and furbabies, also strays, feral cats, etc., etc.  I'm still having a difficult time with her death.

Glad the jersey came, and hope the furnace replacement will not be too costly for your kids and in laws.  What timing.  Yuck.

What did you find yesterday?  I'm sure your DH will be happy that you found something for him to give to you.

Good that you have found some entertainment that helps you to get to sleep.  I am sleeping better these days since it is cool at night.  But, I wasn't happy that it was only 30 degrees when I got up this morning.  It is supposed to make it to 61 degrees.  Hope your weather improves.  

Poor Bev felt very weak, etc., and could not make it to the monthly "Caregivers" (mostly former caregivers) lunch she scheduled.  She is really hoping to get the PET scan soon, and even go to the hospital. Hope your neighbor will be okay.

I am way behind with my usual Saturday chores, but I'm giving myself permission (as DH would say) to do whatever I want to do.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well, and your luncheon was a great success, Glenda.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hey @Fressa 

We got sleet this morning and I shoveled it mid-afternoon.  I'm not trying to breakdance on the patio tomorrow morning when I feed the birds; it's getting below freezing tonight.

I hope the kids got a written quote so the price doesn't change again by the time the installation is done.  I'm glad that you received the jersey this morning, one more thing off of the list.  I totally missed out on jewelry day.  The things on TV that knock me out are Golf (the commentary is practically whispered), the X-Files (soundtrack lulls me) and Bobby and Alex episodes of the old show Law and Order Criminal Intent - part soundtrack and part Vincent D'Onofrio's voice Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I can't believe it either Linda @LindaLatte  

Respected Contributor

Thank you for sharing Linda.  I wrote a long post and lost it, and DH is telling me it's time for bed.  I am working from home tomorrow trying to catch up.

Fressa I hope the kids don't have to pay too much for the furnace.  

Twinny your lunch sounds wonderful and I hope your niece feels better soon

Birdmama I came here and looked at the 100 facet Diamonique just now - that was the draw - hadn't been on qvc in ages upon ages.  Thought I lost my earring yesterday but DD found it on the floor.  

Jean so glad that procedure is behind you and hoping for the best.

I am shocked and saddened to hear of Claudia, so so sad for her family.  She was a precious soul and I'm imagining her among her furbabies who went ahead.  

Linda the hoodie you sent me way back when (3 years ago maybe now) is 2 sizes too big now but it's so so soft I can't let it go. I put that brand on my Christmas list and we'll see if Santa found me one.  I think of you everytime I wear it, and drink my smoothies in that cup (Paws across Texas or something like that).

I am reminded this month of how many we have lost from frienships formed here.  The other Linda - touched me deeply - and I have developed a friendship with her sister since then that is absolutely precious.  A memory of Elaine popped up in my FB memories too recently.  So many gone too soon  

Much love to all. I keep hitting buttons here on my little laptop. Hope this is readable. I'm sorry to leave anyone out - you are all so special!!

Honored Contributor

Kathleen @Rock_chick   It's been a long time and it is so very good to 'see' you.  I hope that you and those you love have the Merriest of Christmases and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---

I found a sapphire ring that I ordered without any hesitation. Is both my and my son's birthstone and is also the stone in the first ring my husband gave me. I'm so sentimental about my jewelry. It's been many years since I splurged on anything. I plan to use the easy pay so the Christmas bill won't be too shocking. 

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---We finally had snow flurries this morning. The cool temps are still here so I'm happy.

I had talked to the kid's mil yesterday and the price to fix became a full replacement. It reminded me of the situation we had with our a/c unit. (repair being revised to replacement) . The description and price she was quoting me sounded unreal so I expect the dil to phone once she sees the paperwork.   

Honored Contributor

@Fressa   Depending on the manufacturer and the age of the furnace sometimes it's better to just get a new one.  My old Lennox had heat exhangers that were covered by warranty and on their way out.  At least that's what I was shown with a camera in 2012.  Even though new heat exchangers were still under warranty at that time I would have had to wait for them to fail completely and I would have been on the hook for the replacement labor.  By the time my Lennox ignition stared clicking like and Irish stepdancer in September I said, forget about it - just get a new one Bernie. 

It's pricey either way.

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa, we might get a few flurries or a dusting on Christmas, Day.  Not the White Christmas we were hoping for.  I think it's a good idea to get the furnace replaced as Bird Mama suggested.  It's expensive either way.  One of these years we will have to have our furnace replaced too.  We moved into our new home 27 years ago yesterday, so that's how old the furnace, roof and my washer are.   I was glad that I did all of the prep work on Friday.  

Linda L, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Barbara.  It was a shock when I read your post about Claudia. Because I was prepping for my Colonoscopy, I hadn't read the posts for a few days.  I can't help but think about her love for the fur animals and her husband.  Our luncheon yesterday was so much fun.  The pizza was a hit & it made my life much easier.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda