Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, DEC. 12)

Morning, well I'm up but not about, hah, the vacuum sits there, must get moving, seems like a lot of that going around.

Mostly little things that really don't take long so hopefully some will be accomplished.

Next week is the brutal week, all the cooking, etc to get ready for the Eve & Day, I try to get as much as possible done ahead of time so I can be with the family, makes for a good time.

Hope all enjoy the day

Honored Contributor

Hello hello and happy weekend.  Thanks for starting us off today Jean.

I hit the ground running after the AM Style chat.  I made a trip to the recycling center, risked my life trying to go shopping along state road M59 - street traffic moves fast and drivers are crazy.  Barnes and Noble didn't have my calendar so the 25% off coupon did boopkis for me, lol.

I chose to enter a local mall through Sears and looked around.  Outerwear was deeply discounted.  I found a spare wallet in the same style as my new one.  I'm currently carrying a red leather wallet and have a burgunday spare.  The wallet was $15.90 with tax.  I really scored on that one :-)

I found a calendar store in the mall and bought the desk calendar I wanted.

The mall was decorated nice and there were lots of people - not jam packed, but more people than I like to be around, lol.

I grabbed a Tim Hortons give card on the way home for my sister who likes Tim's coffee.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

OK, that's IT - this #(*% board is giving me all kinds of hassles...this is my last try before I give up.  Why can't places leave well enough alone?  Cat Mad

Anyway, it's a gorgeous day out - 76° - so although I don't have to go anywhere I want to take advantage of it. I have coupons for a free root touch-up kit with the purchase of a hair color, so I might go to Walmart and get those. I really just need the touch-up as the only grey is at my temples, but this works out well financially, as the prices on both are within a dollar of each other.  It's so not fair - why is it that touches of grey look so sexy on men, but nasty on women?  Cat Frustrated

Sorry to hear you're not feeling your best, Jean.  I've been like that myself - I go out and do something, when I get home I'm exhausted, lie down for "a little while," and end up sleeping for several hours.  I suspect it's largely the "helliday" depression...  If you forgot to buy something you had in your cart, it's probably just as well since you obviously didn't love it.

I have to make and deliver about 16 dozen cupcakes in the next week or two; just thinking about it is exhausting...

Twinny, you sure have your hands full, but it's a good thing your mom is in a place where she's being looked after - that's a big load off you.  I'm praying for you. 

LindaL, sorry to hear about all the problems with DH. Praying you have the wisdom to make the right decisions about his care; it sounds like it's getting to be too much for you to handle alone.  It's good you had someone to come and help you; I remember after my husband was sent home to die and fell, the fire department wouldn't come and help me get him up; I had to wait for hours, sitting on the floor next to him, until some men from church could come.  I wish I could help you somehow...

So anyway, yesterday I said I'd tell you about the most embarrassing thing ever....

As you know, as soon as I go anywhere near the car the dogs all pile in, as they love to ride. Well, the other day I got back in the car after coming out of a store, and noticed the most godawful stink...I figured right away that it was Autumn, because believe me, when she f@rts, it's more deadly than mustard gas!  Well, the smell wasn't dissipating despite my opening the windows, so I shined my little flashlight around the car to see if someone had left me a little "gift." (My dome light doesn't work.)  Nope...nothing.  I sprayed the inside of the car liberally with X-O when I got home, figuring that would take care of it.

OK, next day I had to run out to get something at Dollar Tree; the car STILL smelled awful. So, I'm in the store, got the item I needed, but you know how that goes...I had to browse around in case I missed something great for just a dollar...  I did notice an awful smell like dog poop in the store no matter which aisle I walked down, but finally thought to check the bottom of my shoes.  Nope...nothing.  I figured I was either imagining it...or had a weird brain tumor or something where you smell things that aren't there.  Cat LOL

Got home; still noticed the nasty smell.  A little while later I picked up my purse to get something out of it...and then I saw it:  the bottom and back were covered in dog poop; I didn't see it in the dark, and apparently "someone" had had diarrhea in the car, but it was up against the center panel (where the stick shift is) so I didn't notice it on my "inspection."  I'm so humiliated...I'm imagining people all over town talking about me...  Cat Frustrated

Needless to say, I've been spending a lot of time getting the stink removed - the floor mat was taken out and scrubbed with a brush to get everything out, the center panel has been scoured, everything has been doused in X-O...  (sigh)  Why me, Lord?  WHY? 

Bird, sorry to hear about Misty, but I'm glad she had a good, long life.

I guess I'd better get moving; it gets dark so darned early. I need to get out the purses and coats I plan to sell and get them posted.  I may also cross-post them to the Shopaholics FB page, since FB has a payment system now, or I can use Amazon payments.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--A coffee gift card is a great idea. I know I would appreciate it. I had stopped in the local store of a pizza chain where an individual was making a complaint. Apparently, they had bought a $20 gift card and sent it to the individual. When they went to use it, they discovered it was either not activated or no funds on it. Don't throw away the receipt just in case.

Arlene--How embarrassing! You really have your difficulties with the furbabies. I know the people will appreciate the cupcakes. Making items like that helps to bring some joy to the season for you.

Twinny--I'm able to take care of my finances but I do have a POA just in case it would be needed. The banks, etc. around here are very picky about their regulations and make sure there are no doubts about transactions. 

Linda--It is so depressing to see DH decline and not be able to do the things he once did. It is good that you are keeping his children informed, and I know they appreciate all that you are doing.

Spix--Motivation is definitely a problem at times but the house doesn't get cleaned by itself. I know you will meet the challenge so you can enjoy the holiday festivities.

Barbara--Sydnie will enjoy her puppy gift. I do hope your throat feels better so you can meet the challenges of singing.

Midnight and I spent the afternoon in bed where I read my Kindle while he cuddled up against me. He has been the best cat. In the almost ten years I have had him, he has not created any problems for me except for shedding. It is so funny but when I go to the bathroom, he has to go also to his litter pan located there.

I may not have ordered the OTO but I did order the Malden Mills Polar Fleece sheets with contrasting pillowcases. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

Oh Jean, I'm one step ahead.  I paid cash for it and made sure I included the receipt that proves she's got $50 on that card, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I'm making progress, although I was very tired and did take about a 30 minute nap. Got my bedroom all cleaned, furniture polished and gleaming, fridge cleaned out and washed, trash can scrubbed, etc, etc. So, according to my 'schedule' I set for myself, I am a little ahead, towards the end of the week I think it will be a good idea to have some rest time, before everyone starts arriving on Sat. evening. Waves.....
"To each their own, in all things".