Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, DEC. 10)

@Bird mama ~ Heartfelt condolences on the passing of your sister.

At this most difficult time,

May hope sustain you

May friends surround you

And may love give you strength

In sympathy and in friendship

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--In all my years of owning a car, I have never had a problem getting one started. The battery is always checked at each oil change. A car battery can last up to six years but the length of time is dependant upon many factors. You have had a great trip but I know you will enjoy getting home.

I managed to get a hair appointment on the morning of the day I have physical therapy. That will save an extra trip to the city. I also just checked how long someone my age is expected to stand on one leg as they are also working on balance.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies......so sorry to hear about the passing of your sister Bernie....I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

LindaL sounds like you had a nice time on your trip....I did not realize this was an organized tour...thought you were just going on your own,must of missed something.

Jean sorry about the boots....I have several pairs of that brand and like them very much.

It's a cold and sunny day here,this morning was in the low 20's..they are talking about snow for us tomorrow night into Monday.....hoping they are wrong!

That'/ about all...making Italian wedding soup for supper tonight,haven't  made it for awhile.       HAve a nice day everyone......Marijane.

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--The soup sounds like a great option for the cold weather. I'm glad the Earth Origins work well for you.

It is time for me to have an afternoon encounter with my Kindle and book while Midnight cuddles up with me.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Bernie,

Image result for thoughts and prayers are with you pics

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, prayers for you & your family during this sad time.  So glad that your coworkers took you to your other sister's home.  My dad died 24 years ago tomorrow.  Totally unexpectedly after going to the oral surgeon.  My DH called me 15 minutes before my shift ended.  I was in a total blur & it seems like yesterday.

Jean, sorry that the boots aren't comfortable.  My DH found my steamer sitting at the end of our long front porch when he went for his walk on Thursday morning.  It must have been outside all night & was delivered by USPS.

We left home after lunch on Thursday & did some shopping, but didn't buy anything as we didn't know what to buy.  Our eldest DGS 's band concert was very nice.  My DD gave us a list on Friday morning, so we were on a mission.

I bought 2 bags of peppermint mocha coffee for myself & a tall pair of Bear Traps boots in a mushroom color.  They were $79.99, but I had a $10 off coupon.  All of my boots are black so it is a nice change.

Our eldest DGS wanted a bed pillow with arms so he can read in bed.  He is an avid reader so he will love it.  It is red with a large Bucky Badger on it.  Now to wrap it.

Next DGS wanted a Green Bay Packers hoodie & a large bag of Skittles.  We found both & the Skittles are 42 ounces.

Our DGD wants tunics & a warm headband.  Found them too.

DD got a fancy jar with a Chocolate Chip cookie mix & our DSIL got a large jar of his favorite cashews.

Call me a Happy Camper as I am 100% done except for gift cards for all of them.

It is starting to snow & they say 2-4" by tonight & 2-4" again tomorrow  night.  I am getting excited about having my family here for Christmas Eve lunch.

I will be writing our Christmas cards this weekend as I need to mail them on Monday.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Bernie -  I am very sorry for the loss of your sister, my sympathy to you and your family.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--The peppermint mocha coffee sounds great. I hope that your steamer works as well for you  as it does for me. Congrats upon having your Christmas shopping 100% done.

Susan--Always good to see you checking in with a very appropriate post.

meallen--Great choice for a graphic.