Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, AUGUST 13)

Hello all - glad your Clarks TSV boots fit well.

We have been getting rain on and off for the past 24 hours.  It comes down steadily for a few minutes then moves on.  Technically a great rain pattern as far as being absorbed by the ground.  When it comes down too heavy, it rolls into the street and down the sewer.  Since I'm still parking at the curb, my car needed a wash and looks better now, lol.

I've been to home depot, picked up a new LED work light for the laundry room in the basement.  I swapped out the fluorescent lights for LED  in the main basement room last fall (I think).  Now I just need to get off my rear and hang it.  I also picked up a new toilet seat and a rubber tub mat for the tub.  Oh yea, found some A sized vacuum bags too.  I still use an old Hoover Runabout, circa 2000.  

I got my haircut - it needed it.  I then picked up a pizza and came home.

That's about it on the excitement scale at my house, he he he.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--The Clarks TSV are now $10 higher plus shipping. The reviews are very mixed on them. Lightening can be dangerous, so sorry those individuals were hit when seeking refuge under a tree.

Bernie--You certainly found success at Home Depot. Now, hopefully, the bathroom will be safer for you. Pizza and a haircut! Sounds exciting to me! I'm definitely overdue for a haircut and the pizza will have to wait until I buy a Lean Cuisine version.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Sorry your first day of subbing was so challenging, Jean.  I remember junior high (middle school now) as being a very difficult time for me, DD, etc.  I had considered teaching at one point, but I knew middle school was not for me.  You are courageous to take that on.  Happy the Clark's TSV fit well.

I'm still having lots of trouble sleeping at night, but I am working on it.  Also working on putting back some of the weight I lost through nerves and the colonoscopy prep.  I thought that would be easy, but not so far.  I am eating healthy, which is probably part of the reason.  It isn't a major issue -- just a few pounds, but....

I went to the pool yesterday afternoon, and it was really great getting back there.  I ran into a couple of my "pool buddies", and one of the ladies (my favorite) and I swam and talked a lot.  She knows DH, but she did not know what had happened lately.

This morning I took a nice walk, and came home to plant a couple of plants I purchased to replace some that died from the heat and being neglected for a week.  I heard a noise, and realized it was the landscaper.  I didn't figure that out at first since there was no car/truck in front of the house.  The man said hello -- he was the brother of the landscaper who had gone out to the store.  It was very hot, and I felt sorry for them having to deal with those overgrown to the max bushes.  But, they finished the job today so they will not need to come back tomorrow as they thought.  

I am not sure if I mentioned it, but we had wrought iron bars over the two windows in front of the house, and I really wanted them to be removed.  The landscaper (who is the painters Dad) took them down, and I am really loving looking out without looking through bars.  LOL  They were not for security or anything, just a decorative touch that is very common around here or was common when our house was built back in the 1970's.  

Went to the facility to visit DH, and we did a bunch of walking around the halls.  But, he was wearing his slippers when I arrived, and they wanted to change him to his shoes.  The caregiver was huffing and puffing when she did so (like I did when it was my job), and then she had to call someone else to help get him up from the chair.  The other caretaker told me how just getting his socks and shoes on was very tiring for her, and I said that I had the same experience.  She said she thought it must have been very difficult for me since I am petite.  I did not say so, but there is also a considerable age difference between her and me.  All this helps me realize that I made the correct decision.  I was feeling like a wimp, but now I see others younger and stronger have the same problem.

After the visit, I went to the thrift store (it is right across the street), but no furniture of interest.  I also went to a yardsale, but found nothing.  I did run into another friend of mine who was interested in what was happening.  

I would like to respond to all of your posts, but I want to get back to visit DH again now. 

Have a nice evening everyone.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Well, hello all. I am late today. Won't try to respond to everyone this time. I have read all the posts however and it sounds like everyone is or has been busy as little bees, lol. I chatted during most of AM Style. Then took care of the usual home business, showered and went to see my step-son and step-daughter in laws new house, it is nearly finished and they should be able to move in within 2 weeks or so. They were over to swim a few days ago and she made me promise to come see it this weekend. They are very proud and I must say they made very good choices in finishes, etc. While we were there, their new appliances were delivered. What fun. She promised the minute they are moved in and she has time to pretty it up she will call me to come see again, lol. Then I came home and mowed the yard. It's only been 5 days...can't believe how fast the grass is growing due to all the rain. Usually by this time of year I'm only mowing about twice a month. I think we are to have a bit of a breather as far as heat goes, middle 80's predicted for the upcoming week. I have shut off the AC and opened windows.
Think I will see if I can convince hubby to go for a ride out to an old covered bridge about 25 miles from us, t's nice and has been refurbished to original, he may not want to as he was supposed to work 6 hours today and it ended up being 8 1/2 hours.
@LindaLatte, I just want to say I think it is understandable that you are having trouble sleeping, you are sleeping alone now and that takes adjustment, give yourself time dear.
Have a nice evening everyone. Waves...
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I reme mber when I had my colonoscopy, I had hope the 3 pounds I had lost in the one day of prep would stay off but had a feeling it wouldn't. I think it was back in two days as soon as I started eating and drinking. You did make the right decision for both DH and you. You are still able to be with him but without the previous physical and emotional demands.  It is a reality that for many people their physical health is endangered if caring for a person too long if not physically able to do so. It definitely is an adjustment. I think taking the decorative bars from the windows will make the home feel more open.

Snicks--It just seems like yesterday that you were mowing; yes, the grass grows fast in rainy weather. It sounds as if step son and step daughter in laws new house is very nice I know you will enjoy visiting when it is completely furnished and they move in.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Covered bridge.jpg

Here's the bridge, we took the dog, she doesn't like riding in the car or being on a leash, so she wasn't all that thrilled, but it was still a nice little outing. Ends up it's more like 40 miles, I guess I forgot how far it was.

"To each their own, in all things".