Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, AUG. 8)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful, cool day but next week is supposed to welcome back the heat. I had hoped one of you would jump in and start the thread as all are welcomed to post as well as read.

I see that my SG items I ordered  yesterday cannot be canceled, but now to wait to see when they actually leave the building. I heard this morning that UPS may raise its shipping rates later this year. Time will tell on that and its impact upon total purchase price.

I have several things ready to take to donation: two big boxes full plus a 30 gal trash bag. I had planned to do that today but will wait until next week when I plan to combine it with a nail appointment and grocery pickup,

I see that our state's daily percentage of positive tests is 2.47% and there are no active cases in the county in which I live. At one time, we had six cases. So far, our area has been lucky.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. If you venture out, do so safely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, AUG. 8)

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and in the 80's today. I still plan on installing the webbed barrier today. I stll may attempt to start the weeding but it will depend if there is a breeze blowing outside.

I watched a bit of AM Style today. I did see a few things that caught my eye but the price was over budget right now. I'm still deciding on which of the home maintainence projects we will still accomplish now that the A/C is installed. First thing on the list is an "official" desk for the husband. The card table is okay but he really needs the length of a desk. I searched on line and found a few sales. Now it's just trying to get there and decide on a price level. I'm always in "sticker shock". 

We located that local company that sells the mint gingerale. It's not too far away from where we are. YIPPEE!  My husband drove there yesterday and purchased 3 cases for me. I should be stocked for a month. What a relief to have this on hand for my stomach issues. We really try to find these local businesses for as many items as we can. It was a nice experience.

Stay safe & comfy.

Have a good afternoon/evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is another dry and hot day here with no rain or cooler weather in sight.  I know you would be okay with the heat, Jean, and I certainly prefer hot to cold weather.  But, we could really use some rain and slightly cooler temperatures would be nice.  I continue to be pleased that I replaced my AC this summer rather than waiting for it to break.

I know you ordered the SG pants yesterday, did you order something else as well?  My TSV blazer order is "in process", and they are predicting delivery next week -- hope that is true.

Fressa's influence (talking about the hazard of storage containers falling on your head), inspired me to order some cloth storage containers from Amazon.  They are not as nice as the TSV ones, but I was amazed at how much I could fit in them plus they are very light compared to the big plastic tubs I was using.  Anyway, I decided to give away the plastic containers and put them up on "Nextdoor" yesterday evening.  They were "hot sellers" (of course free), and have already been picked up.  In fact, I found another storage container which I gave to a person who had asked after I had promised the first ones.

I still have stacks of things to donate in the corner of my Arizona room.  I was hoping to give them to the thrift shop I love, but they have not opened and there is no word on when they will open.  I hope that there will be another Vietnam Vets pick-up soon.

West Virginia, particularly your area, is doing very well with fighting the virus, Jean.  Arizona has certainly improved, but is still in the "red zone", and the positivity rate in the state is over 12%.  It is less in the county where I live, but still over 9% positive.

Good idea to look for a desk for your DH, Fressa.  It seems like ages ago, but I was able to find a used desk at a rather high end thrift shop.  Probably not easy to do these days.  Glad you were able to find the soda you love at a local dealer.  

I didn't sleep well last night due to my brain/emotions working overtime.  DGD is really not doing all that well, and DD is overwhelmed trying to take care of her plus the house, school, etc.  And, the sudden death of my nephew  (by marriage), David, was quite a shock.  I was able to get his mother's phone number and called her yesterday (late her time).  She isn't in good health herself and is having a very difficult time with the death of her youngest child.  He was under hospice care, but they thought he had three to six months to live.  

Nothing exciting planned for today -- laundry and weekly financial review plus some cleaning.  I made blueberry pancakes for breakfast (low fat, etc.), and they were delicious.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I ordered the TSV jacket in black and in wine, Those colors go with about everything I have as my pants are usually black, grey or brown with a couple pair that have black and wine patterns. My delivery is exxpected to be Aug. 18. I am sorry that DGS is having a rough time, as well as her mother. David's death is a shock. I remember my mother saying when my brother and her first child died, that a mother shouldn't outlive her children. She went downhill quickly and died 6 months later.

Fressa--I hope you find the perfect desk for DH now that he is working at home. Glad that you now have a supply of mint gingerale to use when the tummy feels bad. I used to like gingerale but have never seen mint.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.