Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, AUG. 29)

Greetings, shopping friends. We have sun now after all the rain. Hopefully it will last the afternoon.

This is a lazy day for me. I awakened at around 1:30am, which is getting to be the norm. I couldn't go back to sleep, so I watched TV for a little over an hour and then went back to bed and to sleep. I got in a total of 6 hours.

I watched a little of AM Style but then switched to watching disaster movies on Amazon Prime. No temptation to buy with those movies.

I did see a report when googling something that said 30% of QVC's purchases were made from off air  purchasing. It seems many are turning to searching instead of waiting to see items presented on air. This was part of the Wall Street Journal of yesterday entitled "It's Too Soon to Tune Out of QVC." It stated QVC's sales or parent company sales grew by 10% compared to prior year and that viewership during the last quarter was up 10%,

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely, If you venture out, do so safely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, AUG. 29)

Hi Everyone!

Today is a mix of rain, sun and etc. We had storms overnight but nothing too bad. Tomorrow the front is to be past us and sunny weather is in the forecast. Today I'm going to vacuum the "office" and take a break from further decluttering. That will be 'phase 2".

I'm going to start on the Holiday storage room since I have entirely too much stacked up in there. I have a collection of storage containers and I can't wait to get rid of the boxes that they are in and use instead. My focus is what 's on the top shelf of the racks and what's hanging on the walls. I already have earmarked a few collections for the donation pile.

I had an old garden wagon that the wooden bottom had rotted. My husband was able to build a new bottom for it and it's on the front porch ready for the pumpkins and guords for the Fall. This wagon was one of those "finds" and I have used it for years. It has all this scroll work on the oversized wheels which I "sucker" for eavery time.

Our female GSD bew "boo-boo" on her leg is starting to heal so that's good. I have my fingers crossed that this is not going to be an extra with her allergies. I don't want her on antibiotics as a steady medication. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you had that sleep interruption last nigh.  I hope the 1:30 a.m.wake-up does not continue to be the norm.  Given the time difference this time of the year (three hours from Q time), I don't usually watch much of AM Style, and that was the case today.  I saw a little bit of the TSV presentation, and decided that was sufficient for an item that does not appeal to me at all.  I hope any who order enjoy it very much. 

I really can't remember the last time that I ordered something when it was being presented on-air.  Usually, I order before or after the presentation.  I am glad for the Q that their sales have grown since I like having the Q to watch when nothing else appeals to me.  Disaster movies are certainly not my thing.

Hope your sun lasts, and I hope we have some rain.  We really need rain this summer.  Today it is "only" supposed to reach 95 degrees which (if it happens) is the first time in quite a while that we have not reached 100.  The cooler weather is supposed to last until next Thursday or so when it is supposed to be hot and dry again.

Hi Fressa -- I love the idea of that garden wagon you have.  One of my neighbors has one, and I am always excited to see what she has placed in it.  Good for you with your de-cluttering and sorting efforts.  

It should be an extremely quiet day here with just the usual laundry and weekly financial review.  It wasn't too hot on my walk this morning, thank goodness.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hello all, we got more rain Thursday night into Friday morning and I was happy.  It was pretty hot and humid all week so I didn't feel particularly inspired to do much outside.

The sun came out today and it was windy so I opened every window in the house.  We're going to have a week of cooler weather and I'm going to be happy about that too.

It doesn't take much to make me happy, lol.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise