Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, AUG 20)

Hi Everyone!

We are getting back to normal from our dog rescues. I'm starting to feel better from my breathing problems so all is good. The hubby is spraying some weed killer around since he got into poisen "something" yesterday. I'm goint to take apart two indoor planters in the living room and make fresh displays for them. I'm not sure if I'll keep them where they were or get into moving things around. 

I did see part of AMStyle but resisted buying. I liked the JR top but was out of my budget. I have my eye on a pair of pajamas from Anybody. I like that line especially since I'm trying to get some extra rest in the evening. It looks presentable enough if a neighbor comes to the door. I keep a sweater nearby to I can grab it and go, 

I found a decent sale on line on outdoor/indoor rugs in case anyone else is in need. The patio umbrellas and stands will have to wait until next year. Ours seem to really wear but I guess I always expect it to last longer than usual. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, AUG 20)

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  So far, I haven't ordered anything today (here or elsewhere) -- the TSV jeans are not calling my name (thank goodness).  I really don't wear jeans that much (due the climate), and already have plenty.  Also, even the petites are too long for me.  Glad you are feeling better.  Good luck with the pajamas, and hope you like the outdoor rugs.

It has been raining off and on all day, and is cool (only 74 degrees) and very humid.  Not sure of the cause, but I have a runny nose today.  Took some allergy medicine which I hope will help.  Still working on eating more.

The little bit of laundry I had is done, and I will do my weekly financial review later.  Yesterday I did some cooking, and today some cleaning.  Not exactly exciting.  I am happy to learn that Mary Beth's granddaughter Iris has arrived.  Like me, she had three grandsons before her granddaughter arrived.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hello all, I forgot to mention that I installed my new smoke/CO2 alarms yesterday morning.  I didn't get much sleep the night before (Thursday) because I went down the rabbit hole regarding door hinges.  There is a rust spot on my door from the kitchen to the garage (it's a steel entry door).  I'd like to take a crack at fixing it first because I like the fit of the door in the frame and I don't want to go through the destruction of trim to get a pre-hung door.

One of my hinges looks rough so I got the bright idea to replace the hinges.  Jesus, who knew what goes into replacing a hinge.  I was online looking at hinges and every time I came across something I didn't understand I opened a new window and educated myself.  Before I went online I was nodding off shortly after 10 pm. By the time I learned that I need a 4 inch, butt hinge with 5 knuckles, mortise mount withe leaves that are a combination 5/8 radius and square it was 1 am and I was so awake it was ridiculous Woman Very Happy.

On Friday I made sure I had a cup of coffee before I installed the alarm on the basement wall and entrance hall ceiling.  I had my second cup of coffee before I installed the alarm at the top of the stairs on the second floor.  Of course the alarm base was larger so a drill and drywall anchors were involved. 

Today I cut the grass.  I did the front and then took a break to cool off and hydrate.  When I glanced out of the office window I thought wow, those clouds look dark gray better get the backyard done.  I was maybe 5 minutes into the backyard when the rain started.  Honestly it's been decades since I've played in the rain so I kept going until the yard was done.  The sun was coming out as I was cleaning the underside of the mowing deck and I looked like a drowned rat.  The grass looked good though.  We got more rain later around 6:30 pm.

@LindaLatte  I saw flash flooding on NBC nightly news tonight.  Are you getting that?  They also say either cyclone #4 or a #4 rated cyclone is headed for Texas.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

As far as I know, the flash flooding they talked about was mostly north of here, Bernie.  There are certain parts of town that seem to flood when we have heavy rains.  But, we have been fortunate to avoid it much of the time.  We had plenty of rain, so I guess I will see if there was flooding when I take my walk tomorrow morning. 

You certainly take on some interesting house projects.  Glad the smoke alarms are up.  Those hinges sound complicated.  Glad you didn't mind getting wet when mowing.  

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama----We must have received the storms that were in your area last night.Thunder, lightning, wind and a ton of rain. Some areas have power outage but our area is fine. I'm still making the check around to see if the new gutters and gutter screens are working just not ats many time. 

I had an "off the wall thought" on the rust on your door hindge---did you ever use WD-40 to remove rust from metal? We've done that on an occasional screw/bolt in our old wood doors. Good luck with your project.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---Glad you are slowly feeling better. A litttle bit more each day of food is probably the safest path. Progress (regardless of the speed ) is still progress.

I was thrilled that MaryBeth finally had a granddaughter. She must be over the moon.

I'm not a jean person anymore but I do have a few pair of KG jeans that fit nice. My body seems to ft leggings better than any other clothig. 

We had another large thunderstorm that lasted all night thru this morning. More are predicted. UGH!!! The hubby helped me with the weeding and now has poisen "something" on his legs. I swear we live in a jungle around here. LOL

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about the large thunderstorm, Fressa.  Also sorry your DH has poison something from the yard.  Like you, I often turn to WD40, but it doesn't always help.

It was very cloudy and pleasantly cool on my walk this morning.  Now, it is sunny and 84 degrees.  That is below normal for this time of the year here, but I am happy.  No flooding in my neighborhood, thank goodness.

I love KG jeans -- for one thing, no zippers, etc., and they fit me very well.  I get the ones that come to my waist and have long ones, pedal pushers, and even some crops.  If she had a big sale, I might consider buying more despite not needing any.  But, the "sales" lately have not been that great, plus my eBay site hasn't had any for quite a while (at least in my size). I was able to get several pairs from eBay last year.

After my walk, my day got off to a rough start when my Keurig didn't work.  It kept turning itself off.  I tried several times, but eventually retrieved my old one (2015) that it replaced.  The old one worked fine.  So, after church, I contacted Keurig.  They only offered a one year guaranty, and my new machine was almost one year and four months old.  

I talked to a representative who offered me a 20% discount on a new machine plus some free K-cups.  When I objected to such a small discount, she transferred me to another rep.  Supposedly, they will email me a UPS label, and replace my machine with a new one once they receive the old one.  Fingers crossed this happens.  So far, no label.  

Funny thing is that I was just thinking of getting rid of the old one (donating it) since the newer machine was working fine.  That makes me reconsider decluttering a bit.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Sleep well everyone.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte----I moved the "old" Kurerig to the family room (lower level) for the hubby to use in the am. There's an office for him down there, kitchenette and many other rooms. (big old house) I then purchased a Breville k-cup machine (made by same company as Kuerig) but it has a longer warranty. I got it when there was a sale and all the extra items were included. When it broke after warranty they sent a refurbished one. It has worked fine for many years. Hopefully, you will have the same good luck with your machine. I think I will always have a second K-cup machine in the kitchentte. I have to have my coffee in the am. crossong my fingers for you.