Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, AUG. 19)

Good afternoon, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day. I see there is a four-hour four easy pay deal in process. I checked my one page wish list and didn't see anything that screamed "buy me now." Often I just park items there to debate before purchasing and never get purchased.

I did like the IM pima cotton tops presented and often can wear tunics. After ordering, I read the reviews that stated  how his tunics were too long for petites.  I immediately went to cancel the order just after the four-easy pay went into effect but couldn't cancel. It stated the order was in process and could not be cancelled. That has to be a record for QVC shipping. I'll check back later. I really liked those tops and decided it was time to try IM.

Oh well, time will tell if they are too long on me. Gr-r-r-r-r!  I don't remember seeing that item worn by a petite. All I had seen were regular models plus the first page reviews that raved about the top. Moral of the story is one should not order until several hours have been spent reading reviews. If it sells out while researching the item, it sells out.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, AUG. 19)

A beautiful 88 degree summer day,

Image result for sunny day images

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon all,

I think I mentioned earlier this week that I was having a small leak in my 1/2 bath toilet.  I don't recall if I updated everyone (not that it's earth shattering) that I found out a company in the great state of Ohio (Mansfield) made my toilet.  Not only that, my tank has the manufacture date imprinted in the porcelain/pottery/ceramic - mine was #59 of model 5s-7s and was made on August 16, 1965.  When I saw that, I said, well belated happy birthday old girl - you are 52 years old, rofl.

Something about the age of the tank made me want to keep it so I disassembled the toilet this morning.  After washing some of the components, I stopped into a local plumbing supply house and bought new washers and a new spud gasket.

Back in business for around $10.  

I missed AM Style this morning and the regular chat.  I had plumbing on my mind :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

mealllen--Thank you for the great graphic. It is, indeed, a warm sunny day.

Bernie--Wow!  That toilet is of a remarkable age. You have taken good care of it. You are also very good at doing routine tasks such as plumbing repair and saving major dollars in the process.

I guess it is time for my regular afternoon reading. I work Monday so the routine will be changed.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, wow Bernie I am impressed at how handy you are.......It would be calling the plumber for me!

It's a beautiful sunny day here too Meallen thanks gor the graphic,I hope you are having a good day.

Jean I have a "few" of those IM tops both v necks,scoop necks,3/4 sleeves and short sleeves......can you tell I like  them.....they are not too long on me.....I am 5'3"" ...they are so,nice and soft....costs a little more than other brands but I think are worth it.  I forget if they are the curved bottom but I have that style and the regular straight bottom too.(guess I more than a "few" of them as I stated above!!). 

NOt much going on I am gathering my stuff and filling my suitcase...the one big one is not working so it will be the usual we have our own.  OUr carry on bags are really not that big...a little bit bigger than a gym bag so does not hold too much stuff.

Baked ravioli for supper tonight.....have a nice day everyone.       Marijane 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started Jean.  I have two of the I'M pima cotton tunics, and I like them a lot.  Like Marijane, I am 5 feet three. I wouldn't want to tuck them in, but I don't mind the length.  Hope you like it if you receive it.

Cute graphic, meallen.

You are so handy, Bernie.  I tried replacing the inside of the toilet once, but ended up calling a plumber.

Good luck with your packing, Marijane.

I had ordered the TSV  yesterday, but cancelled after reading about pilling.  That was several hours later, so maybe you will luck out Jean.

DH is sleepy, but okay.

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Regular Contributor

Hi Ladies...been a while since I posted, but have been following daily.  It's a beautiful sunny, but hot day in NYC.

Jean, I thought about that IM Top, but got sidetracked and never ordered.  It's good to hear others like it, in case I revisit it.  Good job with your exercise...I like my Fitbit for the info and accountability factor.

Bernie, I love to tackle fix it things... such a sense of satisfaction when the repair is complete.  My dad was very handy and I learned a lot from him.  Now, I turn to YouTube for help.

Meallen, lovely graphic, as usual.

Marijane, enjoy Bermuda.  It's such a beautiful Island...and that sand is unreal.

Linda, I was sorry to read of DH's tough days...it's such a cruel disease.  You're lucky he remains pleasant and smiling, my MIL got very difficult.

I know you and Barbara were discussing Barefoot Dreams... one of my favorites.  They are pricey, but I love the 2 I have.  I just ordered the upcoming TSV from the insider.  Got it in The heather black and am debating a second color.  Time will tell...

I'm having a relaxing day, which I really needed... so it's back out to the pool for me.  Enjoy he day!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--Enjoy your packing and your upcoming trip. Separate suitcases will work better with the weight limitation. I liked that IM top because it had a V-neck plus 3/4 sleeves. The ravioli sounds great!

Linda--Another good report on the IM pima cotton. I'm two inches shorter than you thanks to losing height. I went back and watched the video and saw one model with the back down below her hips, something I didn't see when it was presented.  Glad DH is ok.

Karen--Good to see you posting. Enjoy the upcoming TSV you ordered as wll as the pool. Thanks for the comment on the exercise; I am surprising myself.

I went back to the order summary. Again, "cancel this order" did not work, but since I ordered two of those IM tops, I tried "cancel item" to the right and it worked. I then went and canceled the second one using "cancel item." The order hopefully is cancelled. I really liked that top but the comments about it being too long for petities just ruined it for me.

I spent the afternoon relaxing by finishing a mystery on my Kindle. I'm now charging it. I do know my electronic gadgets work  for me. I tried one other IM item...a pair of pants...which did not work so that also reinforced the decision on the top.

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - I'm also impressed with your handyman (or should I say handywoman) skills Bernie. Nice to hear from you Karen!  I purchased one of the Imperial Gold bracelets on the Klondike Goldrush Day, so I need to be on a spending diet for a while.  (Been wanting one of those for years, however).  I'm returning the Denim& Co top I had ordered.  That brand just tends to fit me tight in the hips.  I think I need to give up on it.  What mystery are you reading Jean?  I just finished reading "The Cat Who Read Backwards", the first in that cozy mystery series and I enjoyed it.  Would give it a B+.  Just doing misc. this and that around the house today.  

Hope that all of our regulars and visitors are doing well!  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

I just read the posts. The pool party was fun & the water was wonderful.  It was low 80's & hot.  More the same tomorrow.  Then 70's for over a week.

I am smelling smoke this evening from Thursday night's home fire. Although not serious 3 firemen, 1 resident & 1 civilian had injuries.  The house has at least $75,0 in damage & is inhibitable for now.

I forgot to post this yesterday, but one of my classmates passed away on Tuesday with prostate cancer.  His lovely wife was one of my first 3 nurses that I had 16 year's ago when I was diagnosed with CIDP.   She retired 3 year's ago & I still miss her. I will be going to his funeral on Monday.  Even though I know that he is in a better place, this still has me stunned.

Marijane. Have a wonderful vacation.  

My mil is ailing rapidly. Another stunner because she looked so wonderful in July.  She was in the hospital last week & goes for a checkup on Monday.  I don't know what is going on, but she will be 92 next month.  She was at the pool party & her SO also came which was nice.  

Enough rambling this time of night. I am praying for a good nights sleep.