Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, AUG 17)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day here whih leads me to wishing that Winter would be like today. That is wishful thinking, however.

I see that my Lug cosmetic bag has reached the city. I assume I will get it on Monay. I plan for that to be my August purchase that will be kept from the Q. I had purchased the PTR TSV as I like his products but decided I could do without it. It was one of those products that could not be cancelled soon after purhasing. The Lug cosmetic bag could be cancelled for two days.

I guess I'm on a shopping diet right now. I have a surplus of clothes so I don't need to add more to the mix. If there is anything I would like to purchase, it would be the Kindle Oasis e-reader to replace my current Kindle Voyage which I've had for four years, This is something that gets used daily so I can justify the high cost of the Oasis but I am waiting to see what Black Friday specials will be featured.

I work 3 days next week as of today. Next Saturday, a friend and I plan to take the train trip to the mountains if the weather is good. This weekend will be doing odds and ends and relaxing.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, AUG 17)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope you like the Lug cosmetic bag.  It is strange how some orders cannot be canceled moments after being placed, but others can be.  I hate spending money on shipping and handling a return item, but it is usually worth it rather than keeping something I don't want/like.  

I am glad your weather is so nice, and you have plans for work as well as a train trip next weekend.  The train trip certainly sounds like fun.  The first guy I dated after my divorce had worked with a partner to build one of those types of tourist (I'm sure that isn't the right word) railways -- bringing in and laying the tracks, finding old trains, etc.,  which I found very interesting.  Unfortunately for me, he had sold his interest in it before we met.  But, I have been on some, including one in Nevada last Fall.  And, he turned out to be "Mr. Wrong" for me in any case.

Today I was supposed to have a hospice visit, but it was canceled by her caregiver/son.  Apparently, she didn't go to sleep until late, and he said she would be sleeping the whole time I would be there.  I was still willing to visit, but he didn't want me to do so.  I'm a bit sad about it, but......

It is another hot and dry day here, and now they are issuing excessive heat warnings for next Tuesday and Wednesday.  Really wish we would get some more rain, but I don't think any is predicted for the near future at least.

I will be doing my usual Saturday chores (laundry and financial review) plus some cooking.  It was pretty hot on my walk this morning, but I am happy that I was able to get it done early..

Waves to all of our shoppers and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Hi friends - I think I need to go on multiple kinds of diets right now!  I've been stress-eating since my mother's mishap, and I've purchased a lot of books.  I need to pump the brakes.

Thankfully my mother is doing a bit better each day.  Next Saturday my sisters and I are driving to Phoenix to attend the funeral of a cousin.  (We only had 4 cousins to start with, and now we're down to 2.)  We need to start making arrangements for day help to come in and help our mother, starting next weekend.  Hope we can work out the best care for her.

Meanwhile, my house is rather dusty and dirty, and my yard is full of weeds.  Maybe the mood will strike me to get to work.  Or maybe not, lol.

Waves to all  ~ Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--It is interesting how they are managing to breathe new life into old things by revitalizing them for the tourist trade. This specific train is using diesel locomotives and cars from the old Maryland railroad and running them on tracks that go up into parts of the mountains not easily accessible by car.  Old train depots have turned into historical spots.  From what I read many of the people booking these are from out of state who are in the area and want an up close experience.  We have no trains in my area and I have never ridden one, except for subways when out and about.

Charlene--Take care of yourself. The house and yard will survive but you have a higher priority. It is good that your mother is improving each day. Yes, stress does affect us in various ways and eating is a big one along with shopping...both temporary feel good measures.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.