Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, AUG 10)

Good morning, shopping friends. I watched most of AM Style but since Leah wasn't hosting I didn't pay much attention. SG did present her milano knit slacks of which I have two pair. Great purchase so it was hard not to buy a pair in good old basic black.

Today is the anniversary of the death of Linda's DH. I know our thoughts and prayers are with her at this time. Charlene is also facing the difficult role of caregiver now that her mother is at home. Prayers for her also.

I ordered the PTR TSV because I like his products especially the AD I have now, I opened it and thought to myself that at my age the other is working just fine, so I didn't need it  An impulse buy, it is going back.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, AUG 10)

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat  I opted for Kojak while participating in the AM Style weekly chat Woman Wink

Linda @LindaLatte  you're in my thoughts today.

Charlene @cerb you're doing the best you can, don't beat yourself up.

Both funeral home visits last night went as well as could be expected. I'm glad that I was able to pay my respects at both instead of having to choose.

It's a beautiful mostly sunny day and the temperature is my idea of summer (high of 80).  Another night and day of open windows and fresh air.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I am glad that you were able to go to both funeral visitations. I haven't seen Kojak for years. It sounds as if you are having great weather.

It would have been a good day to go to the city but I have an appointment there across the river in Ohio.  The high on Monday is expected to be in the mid 90s. Back to Untold Stories of the ER. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Thanks also for your prayers, and the prayers and good thoughts of all who post here.  It is a very sad day for me, but I keep reminding myself of what a wonderful time DH and I had together.  I'm very grateful that we found each other.  

I think you are wise in sending back that impulse purchase.  I am getting a little better in resisting impulse purchases here at least.  But, I have purchased several things lately from other places like Amazon and COSTCO.  I think most could qualify as "needs" , but some were not immediate needs -- like a new portable battery charger and more calcium pills for the future.

Glad you are enjoying your weather and made it to both funeral homes yesterday, Bernie.

We may get some much-needed rain today, and it was pretty nice on my walk this morning -- cloudy and not too hot.  They are talking about a return to hot weather (100 plus) next week.

I am thinking about Charlene, and hoping things go okay today.  Seeing the TSV reminded me of her goats -- wonder how they are doing these days.

The fitness orientation yesterday afternoon was interesting, and I found out that I am entitled to a free 30 minute consultation with the trainer.  I plan to call her.  I may decide to sign up for some more paid personal training after that, but I'm not sure.

I have my regular Saturday chores today plus a hospice visit this afternoon.   

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I know this is a difficult anniversary for you. You and DH shared great experiences so those memories reside with you. I do think the free fitness consutation might be good.  You mentioned the TSV; the goats were cute but I don't need the TSV. I do hope Charlene is doing better today and did get more sleep last night.

I hadn't planned on this but I'm working two days next week while a teacher is in some professional development the central office "suggested" he attend to get the inside on some new program.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, its a good idea to send back the PTR items if you don't think that you can use it to your advantage.  I hope that you have a good school year.  Our schools go back after Labor Day.

Bird Mama, it's good that you could go to both visitations without having to choose one over the other.  It's supposed to be in the low 70's right through next week & a chance of much needed rain late tonight & through Monday morning.

Linda L, my thoughts are with you today.  I am glad that you found a door guy that you trust.

CERB, my thoughts and prayers are with you.  Being a caretaker is a difficult job.  Don't beat yourself up.  Remember that you are doing your best at a very difficult time.

Esteemed Contributor

We had a nice 4 day beach vacation except on Wednesday when my DH said he didn't feel good while we were at the beach in the shade.  It was almost lunch time & we were getting ready to go to a Chinese restaurant.  We ordered our food & the restaurant was warm which didn't help any so I  asked for carry out.  He ate a good lunch & took a good 3 hour nap in the Subaru & was back to normal.  

I am wondering if his bp was low.  It was low when he went for his follow-up appointment a few weeks ago  & he is on a bp med.   I am going to buy a BP machine this weekend. He broke out in a sweat, but not like the one in March.

The weather was perfect.  Low 70's & no humidity by day and low 60's at night.  The campground was nice and quiet.  The water was a beautiful blue, but Lake Michigan is cold, so we paddled our feet.  There were a lot of brave swimmers though not us.

On Thursday we went up to Door County for the day.  It's beautiful but expensive. We were going to get a motel for the night until they said that it was $184 plus tax for one night.  Yikes!  We stayed at our campground for another night.  $20 for each night.

I bought a hand painted picture at a local craft store of "Foot Prints in the Sand." It will either go in my bathroom or the wall going down the open stairway to the basement.  That is my very favorite poem.

We are glad that we didn't get back home until last night instead of yesterday late morning. It was an easy almost 300 miles round trip for us.

We had a busy morning.  Groceries, bank, post office and farmer's market. We got a few ears of sweet corn which I fixed for lunch with blt's.

it's hot tub time.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--It sounds as if you had a great time. Getting a bp gadget might be a good idea, plus make notes on changes including any physical signs such as the perspiration if it is a time when not normally expected. The hot tub iell be very relaxing.