Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APRIL 6)

Good afternoon, shopping friends. I am back from Sydney and had a woderful but exhausting time. I discovered muscles I didn't know I had from all the intense walking each day. Would I do that here? No, but if I did, it would be at a more leisurely pace. People there seem to enjoiy "race-walking" as more of a norm as if they have to get there fast. 

I did sleep over 11  hours last night. recovering from a 15 hour time change, the activity and not sleeping on the plane. Midnight decided to sleep with me after  his visit with the vet. He has been on prescription dry food for a few years but now I may have to switch him to a prescription wet food. 

I think I made one clothing purchase in the past month, which was bras. I hope this month will be as "good." I have a $547 vet bill to pay for Midnight's tests and prescriptions used while at the vet to treat a condition that has been creating problems.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. I think I will rest.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APRIL 6)

G'day Jean @KonaKat and welcome home.  I certainly hope that Midnight's condition can be treated or reversed with some medication and a change a food.  I'm glad that you had a great time and slept well last night Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Welcome back, Jean...I enjoyed the FB posts..hope to see more pics. 

Bernie, I chilled about not filing your car since January...I do at least one a week...

thenk goodness I have a very fuel efficient car.

((((Hugs))) to all.

Esteemed Contributor

Welcome back, Jean.  Glad you had such a great time and got some rest.  Hope that Midnight's condition improves, and the new wet food works for him.  I really enjoy walking, but I don't walk very fast compared to many, except when I use the treadmill at the gym.  

Waves to Bernie and Barbara/  

DH's DD has come and gone already.  But, it was a very nice, if short, visit.  We stopped by Sprouts (grocery store) on the way home from the airport yesterday afternoon, and she got the salad bar which she said was very good.  And, our meal at the Vietnamese restaurant was good -- we usually get the same thing -- fried tofu and stir fried vegetables.  I know I could eat meat, but I like tofu the way they cook it.

Later yesterday afternoon we went for a walk in the National Forest (?) I think that it is a Forest rather than a park0 closest to the house -- still a drive.  It was very nice there, and we saw several deer along our path.  We did have a few very light sprinkles but not enough to bother us.  

She spent a bunch of time on the phone and computer since her older daughter suddenly decided she would like to be a foreign exchange student next year.  She went to bed fairly early, and I stayed up later (as usual), and I wasn't surprised that she didin't get up as early as I did in the morning.  Long story short, she slept in until 8:30, which was late for her. 

She received a call at 5:30 a.m. from the hospital (where she works as a doctor) asking if she could come in for a shift today.  She pointed out that she wasn't even in CA, and was not supposed to be scheduled until tomorrow night (all night).  Anyway, I don't think I knew about the call, but I was awake at that time.  I figured it was just my usual problem with sleeping.  She was fortunate enough to get back to sleep, and she had been tired from a couple of nights before.  So, all was good.

I got her to the airport in plenty of time, and stopped to buy gasoline on the way home.  I usually can go for a couple of weeks or so without needing gasoline, but two trips back and forth to the airport plus other trips around here used up quite a bit of my gasoline.  I was surprised that the price has gone up at least 15 cents from last week.  Can't imagine not needing gasoline for three months like you, Bernie.  

I have a hospice visit scheduled for this afternoon,and I am desperately trying to get some of my Saturday chores (like laundry and weekly financial review) done.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Hi everybody, sorry I've been so bad about posting lately, but I've been reading most days (it's usually late in the day for all of you).  I'll try to post more soon.  Welcome back Jean!

And congrats to University of VA for making it to the basketball finals - they won their semi-finals today, and it was my DS's 28th birthday - he probably enjoyed the win.