Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APRIL 30)

Hi girls! Well, it's overcast but not supposed to storm until later. Mark texted and asked what time I wanted him to come tomorrow.  Yeah, well...I'll believe he's coming when I see him. Cat Mad  I told him he can come as early as he likes, since most of the work is outside and he doesn't need me to get started. This is so doggone frustrating...

OTOH, I saw on a FB "memory" that five years ago we had the tornadoes (sure doesn't seem that long!) and I was without power for a week.

@KonaKat -Hope you're feeling better, Jean. I did take a look at that TSV in case it was too good a deal to pass up. I had a fairly expensive laptop ($700) which, after Autumn broke it, was replaced with this Acer which cost me $200 at Walmart, and I can download Microsoft Office for free from school, so that's good enough for my needs. If I had to replace it, I'd probably go with the same. I also do NOT want Windows 10, so if this one had to be replaced, I'd probably look for a refurbished one.

@LindaLatte, a trip sounds wonderful - you deserve the break!  Have you considered maybe a cruise?  I've heard of cruises where lectures and classes are offered - sounds like something you'd enjoy. Check this out.

My cousin seems to be doing well after the death of my aunt; she posted pictures of herself and her sister picking blueberries today. Mother's Day will be hard for her, but I'm glad she's going out and doing things.

@cerb - Charlene, I have piles and piles of books that I have yet to read, although cozies are my favorite to just relax with. Our local library always has books for sale, which they give me for free since I both bring them quite a few books and also keep the ladies there in cupcakes, and we have a buy/sell/trade used bookstore that has free bins outside - I've gotten a lot there. I sometimes find good deals on cozies for $2 or less, but more often than not they're cheaper on Amazon - usually 1¢ plus S&H, which brings them to $4, vs. the usual $4.50 at the used bookstore.

@Bird mama several people have told me not to ever cut wet grass. If rain is forecast I also hold off, as I know I'll just have to cut it again in a day or two afterwards. Today, though, I'll have to cut the grass in the back, since the kennel will be back there - assuming, of course, that Mark shows up...

Yesterday evening - after my day wasted waiting on Mark, who never showed - I took the dogs for a drive. I browsed through TJ Maxx and Burlington; lots of cute things, but most things I loved were for someone much younger. Cat Sad I tried on a pair of skinny jeans which fit perfectly, but between having so many jeans that are NWT at home and losing weight, I decided against them - they'd be too big in a few weeks. I did find a set of three paring knives with a little cutting board for $5.99, which is something I need since I'm always using my steak knives for little jobs, and got a pretty cardboard keepsake box to keep my completed colored pictures in...there are getting to be too many for the folder. The kids got hush puppies from Cook Out, so they were happy - they adore drive-thrus, and get so excited!

Well, I guess I'd better get moving - besides cutting the back grass I have homework, and I want to get the weekly litter box scrubbing done and out of the way today. This weekend I'd also like to get the purses swapped (and find a bunch more to list for sale), and maybe find more things for the missions closet. Don't know if I'll be going anywhere...I guess it depends on how early I get all of that finished, as well as the weather, since rain is forecast for tomorrow. 

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!