Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APRIL 23rd)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is sunny with a high of 78 degrees predicted here.  It was cool enough to wear a warm sweatshirt when I started my walk (in the upper 40's), but by the end I could have done without it.

Hope you have a wonderful trip, Glenda, and Happy Birthday in advance to your DH.  Not too much information for me regarding the urn, etc., etc.  Dealing with hospice has changed my perception about death, grief, and memorials.

Sounds like you will be sweating soon, Fressa.  Hope you manage to keep cool.

Happy you like your JCP order, Bernie.

Both the barbecue and the concert were great.  I was a bit concerned about the barbecue since I no longer eat meat, but they had tons of wonderful sides plus very nice deserts.  I also met some new ladies and saw some that I knew from other events. 

The concert was a "love fest"  -- amazing good spirits.  They also told some stories about their drive from Michigan to Arizona with their pug.  Apparently, she is fine with long drives (very good thing), and she is pretty much addicted to Starbuck's "pup pops".  When they went to the first drive through Starbucks, she literally jumped over the driver and into the window.  What a character.

I have some news from Barbara.  Her DH went into respite care for 5 nights.  He seemed to be fine with the idea, and she plans to visit him.  The facility is about 35 miles away, but she hopes to go most every day.  Meanwhile, she is having trouble with the insurance company paying for home health care. Hospice is trying to help, but she will probably need to give up much of the help due to the expense.  She is considering buying a mechanical recliner so she can sleep near him.

DD said there have been several more "lookers" at the house, and they will have an open house tomorrow.  One of the other brokers took the keys to the back deck door, and they ended up needing a locksmith to come early this morning  Not fun.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APRIL 23rd)

Hi Linda, it's currently 7:05 pm (my time) and 79 degrees outside.  it was a pretty, sunny day today.  I'm glad that you enjoyed the BBQ and concert.  It's good that the little dog likes to travel in the car because that was one long road trip.

I worked for a health insurance company for 37 years and what Barbara is going through regarding hospice vs home health care is one of the things that really frustrated me.  I feel confident stating that insurance companies like to take the cheapest way out and encourage care for the patient outside of an inpatient or facility setting. 

Yes hospice is comfort care when medical treatments are no longer effective or preferred and home health care is more curative in nature and is geared towards recovery and progress.  That said, I've always felt there should be some level of coordination of care between the two types of programs.  Hospice has its limits as does home health care - together they have the potential to be a cost effective solution that benefits the patient, the family and the insurance company.  It assinine to me that in 2022, nobody in the insurance industry has figured this out. 

Barbara and V remain in my prayers.

If your DD paid the locksmith I would encourage her to seek reimbursement from the idiot broker who took the keys. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APRIL 23rd)

Linda L, that's a cute story about the Pug jumping over the driver.  What a shame to have to get a locksmith to come this morning.  Hopefully your dd will be reimbursed.  Prayers going out to Barbara and V.  

Fressa, after being in the 40's & 50's all week it was in the 80's today.  60's tomorrow and then a few days of 40's.  I am psyching myself up for warm weather while we are on vacation.

Bird Mama, Louisiana is the only state that we haven't been to.  We will be singing our praises when we get there.  We have been planning this vacation for two years and we are excited.  We have lots of things planned, so it will be a week or so before we get there.  I am so glad that we have gotten our 2nd Booster.  Masks & lots of hand washing will be a big part of this vacation. Thank goodness we can do a lot of things outdoors.

I did a lot of laundry this morning & was cleaning the house when my dh asked me what time we were leaving the house.  I forgot that we were going away for the day so right now I am tired.  I was looking for another pair of cotton shorts for the trip. Denim will be too hot.  No luck, but we dropped by to see my bf.  When we got back home, I dusted & vacuumed the Subaru before my dh washed it.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda