Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APRIL 22)

Twinny--Good job on the walking. It is always good to come back to a clean house. You have so much energy. 

I'm with you on tryiing to keep the yard work simple. I got an email telling me that my dayliles had shipped but now regret ordering them. I just don't have the energy to plant them now but I will try. I also have a section that needs weed killer applied and new mulch.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

I managed to run my errands and I think I need to lay down, lol.

The shoes ended up being a no-go.  The top of the shaft hit my outside ankle bone the wrong way and hurt.  As much as I wanted them I had to accept I was not going to break them in at the shaft and they would end up breaking me by killing my ankles.  I'd rather not hobble in my shoes.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, we have day lilies that come up every year & they are very pretty.  I was tired this week from Easter, but it was fun to have all of our DGC here at the same time.  I don't know if I mentioned this or not, but our eldest dgs has a summer job at the grade school just down the road from their home.  16 hours a week is fabulous because he can still play soccer, go to CA for FBLA in June & have a little spending money.

It is a beautiful sunny 60's day so I took my moped to Shopko to pick up a RX, then went to Walgreen's to get my DH some SF Easter eggs.  They were 70% off & only 23¢ each.  Then I went to the library. I didn't walk today because I was tired from cleaning house & climbing basement steps.

Bird Mama, shoes that hurt my feet are a no go too.  Last week I wore a pair of Kohl's red sandals on Saturday & a blue pair just like them on Sunday.  My DD commented on how nice they looked.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--Sorry the shoes didn't work. No, we don't want to hobble around so back they go!

Twinny--I think you have had enough exercise with all of your activities so walking today is not necessary.

I used to have some lovely dayliliies but last year they did not bloom much and I found when going to divide them that something had been munching on them.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - checking in late today.  Jeanglad that you like your new shoes and the Halston tops.  Susan - what a relief that your new coat dried okay.  I hate it when a new item might not launder well.  Good luck with your yard work!  Bernie - sorry that your new booties didn't work out.  I need comfort too.  At least you know decisively that you'll return them.  I hate it when I "kind-of like" something I've received.  Better to love it or hate it.  Feel better soon!  Linda - I hope you can make the trip to Maryland.  I have a niece that lives there, and it's one of the few states I haven't been to.  twinny - good for you for walking every day.  What is FBLA for your DGS?

After cleaning goat pens this morning, I hunkered down and watched some movies because we're having a free HBO weekend.  Watched some movies I would not normally see, such as "Straight Outta Compton" and "Warcraft".  While I watched I hand-stitched a new hem on a top, so I got something accomplished.  

I hope that you're all having a good weekend!  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

CERB, FBLA is Future Business Leader's of America.  Our eldest dgs is a sophomore in HS & joined FBLA last September with 3 of his best friends & they came in 1st place at their 1st competition in December.  Two weeks ago they placed 3rd place at their State meet & the top 4 teams get to go to Anaheim in June.  We are excited for him.  He loves school & is interested in a variety of different things. I can't remember if you live in CA. How fun to get free HBO & get some sewing done at the same time. I have been wanting to sew since last fall, but something always gets in the way.  It is too hot for me to sew in the summertime.