Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APRIL 22)

Good morning, shopping friends. The temperature has dropped so it is now very chilly, something that motivated me to turn on the heat to take out the chill. Now, if the rain would stop, it would be much better.

I'll be going to the city today to get my nails done and to have a late lunch with a friend who is about to have back surgery again. I may take time to check out some stores.

I received my Clarks wedge sandals. A286629. I liked the idea of the height as I'm vertically challenged but was convinced these would not work for me. In fact, I had put them in my cart twice over the weeks but let them go Finally, I decided to let them go to order status. Then I was still having doubts and tried to cancel but they were too far in the shipping process. To my surprise, these shoes are comfoert and a perfect fit out of the box. I wore them all evening.  I am now fighting the temptation to order another pair in another color

I also received the H by Halston tops A276361. These are very, very nice. I had read the garment measurements before ordering and ordered down a size. The fit is perfect and they feel so soft. I got them in the pink and aqua colors. This was my first H by Halston purchase so I definitely will consider purchasing another Halston item.

I now need to go back to using shopping restraint despite wanting some things. Wanting does not mean I need it!

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wsely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APRIL 22)

Well, it is pouring the rain and a telephone call confirmed that tomorrow with no rain will be a better time to meet the friend for lunch. Rain aggravates the pain associated with the back problem. The forecast verifies tomorrow will be better, so I'm quite content to stay inside and avoid the downpour. The nails can wait also. I love my sunny weather!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Jean -  Thank you for starting us today.  Glad the new items fit and you ended up liking the shoes.  It is always a nice suprise when you don't think you will loke something and it ends up being a winner.

We are getting the cooler weather today also, our rain came thru last night and it is supposed to be cool, but dry this afternoon.  Have a good time in the city today, enjoy your lunch.

I don't remember who asked about my coat yesterday, but, it dried very nicely.  The color discoloration was from it being washed, but when it dried it went back to normal.  I was very relieved about that.  I would have still worn it, I just wear it to walk the dog.

Once the temps go up a little we are going to dig up the marble chip and put new weed guard down and replant the flowers we took out.  This will not be a fun couple days, wish me luck.

Hope everyone has a great morning.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat.  Glad you are pleased with your new Clarks sandals and Halston tops.  I ordered a pair of grey booties to replace another pair of grey booties and had them sent to a local DSW to get 500 reward points (lol).  I received an email yesterday that the booties were ready for pickup.  You know I was sick if I couldn't muster the energy to pick up a new pair of shoes, rofl.

I was pretty much couch ridden yesterday and am feeling a little bit better today.  I'll go to DSW pick up the booties then head over to the local recycling center.  Today is e-recycling day and I have an old scanner to drop off.  I might pop into the grocery store and get that out of the way too.

Hoping to cut the grass tomorrow. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry about the change of plans, and the weather.

Honored Contributor

Susan @PAlady  I don't envy you digging up the marble chip. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Oh, the joys of exterior enhancement! I wish you the best with digging up and replacing. I have a feeling you will be very tired. You are lucky the coat dried to its right color.

Bernie--You definitely were ill if you didn't rush to pick up those shoes yesterday. Smiley Happy I hope you enjoy them when you get them today when on the mend.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I know you would be happier with our weather despite it being hotter than normal.  I'm not complaining one bit.  They are predicting cooler than normal temperatures next week, but still pretty warm.  Hope your friend's surgery goes well.  Glad you like your new sandals and tops.  

Hi Susan.  Glad that your jacket dried to its regular color.  Hope your gardening efforts are not too difficult.  It does sound like a lot of work.

Knowing your love of shoes, I am sure you were feeling horrible yesterday, Bernie.  Hope you like them when you pick them up today, and you continue to feel better.

I am starting to seriously think about my trip to Maryland (early May).  I really want to visit my family -- it has been almost two years since I have seen them in person.  But, I am concerned about DH.  Keep telling myself all will be okay, but......

Hope to get the new sofa bed today, and I have my usual laundry and financial review to do as well as visiting DH and walking, of course.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--It is understandable that you would have mixed feelings about leaving DH in order to visit your family. There are no guarantees in life but it is so much easier to make a decision when the close family member is in good health. Even then, there are no guarantees.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean our heat is still on, but will be turned off on Tuesday when we take off for 2 weeks.  It was in the low 40's this morning, but will be sunny & upper 60's through next week.  This is weather that I would like to have from now until September.  I am glad that your new Clark's are winners along with the Halston tops.  I haven't tried his things yet.  Have fun in the city tomorrow getting your nail's done & lunch with your friend.

Susan, glad that you didn't ruin your jacket.  I have you in my thoughts today as you are doing some difficult yard work.  Since I am unable to do any yard work except my 6 tomato plants, I try to keep our yard simple for my DH.  We do have lots of tulips coming up on both sides of our driveway & all across the front of our house.  DH always puts Petunia's out,  but that is it.  

Bird Mama, I am glad that you are feeling better, but a bummer to be too sick to make a trip to DSW.  Good luck with grocery shopping.  My DH mowed for the first time on Wednesday & will be mowing again on Tuesday.  Then it should be good until we get back home.

Linda L, you so deserve to visit with your family in May.  I am sure that your DH is in good hands, but would be on your mind as well.  I hope that you enjoy your sofa.

I missed all of AMS.  No matter what time I go to bed, I always wake up  2.00 a.m.  Then after being awake for a few hours, I then sleep very good.  I got my DH up a little early because he is helping out with our church's annual clean up day.

I vacuumed & dusted the Subaru before he left & he will wash it when he gets home.  Then it will be ready to pack up on Monday.  Since we will be staying in a few State Parks, I like it extra clean before our memory foam's go in.

I walked every day this week except on Thursday.  It was cloudy, cool & windy.  I hung 2 loads of laundry outside this morning & now need to do some more spring cleaning.  I want to come home to a clean house.

We have friends coming up after lunch to play cards & then we are all going to our favorite Italian restaurant for dinner.

Lunch for me will be a chicken salad sandwich & chips.  DH is eating lunch at church.  I sent a bowl of potato salad with him as one lady is fixing BBQ.

Off to be productive.

Hugs to all of you.