Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS; ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APRIL 2)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is windy and nippy here with lows in the 20s expected tonight.

I did watch AM Style and actually liked the SG set of two tops. The problem is that I think I'm too short to pull off that look. I looked at the average to taller types and saw the point coming to mid-thigh on some, so it just didn't meet my comfort level. I am returning the SG TSV dress that I bought for "just in case." The fit was off on me. I'm destined to be one of those people who buys separates so I can get a good fit.

Since I am sending the SG TSV back, I did order the Sketchers Go Walk slippers that were on this morning. The sandals I ordered worked well, so I'll substitute the Sketchers for the dress being returned as I do need a good slip on casual shoe especially for driving.

This is my day to be lazy as I've spent the entire week on the road for appointments. I'm off to start a new novel, the first in a series of three. I definitely make good use of the Kindle Unllmited program.

I hope each of you have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely one day at a time.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS; ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APRIL 2)

Hello Ladies, thanks for starting Jean.   It is also raining and cold here, we have the wood stove going....they are saying snow for tomorrow don't think much though.  I haven't checked AM style but I do have a few pairs of the sketchers go walk slip on...not the slippers though and they are very comfortable.  Your entitled to be lazy today after running around all week.  Think I will be doing the same even though I was not running around!!

I hope your DH is doing ok after his fall Pinky....I received a "delivery" from Macy's yesterday and as always thought of you.    

Not much else from here....guess I'll go and check what I missed..or didn't.....on AM style this morning.    Have a nice day everyone, Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started Jean.  Enjoy your day at home and reading.  Your weather doesn't sound good to me, but I guess that is the way it goes.  It should be warmer here today (mid 70's or higher), and even warmer the next several days (80's).  I know you would enjoy it.

Sorry the dress didn't work out for you.  I find dresses to be tricky that way -- the fit has to be just so on me.  I'm happy with the dresses I have in the closet, thank goodness.  To be honest, I haven't been wearing dresses or even skirts much at all lately.  My feet are just rebelling against my old faithful pumps.  It is too warm for boots, but not quite warm enough for sandals.  So, I have the choice of pumps with pantyhose or just wearing pants.  The pants are winning.  Hope you like your new slippers.  

Hope you have a good day Marijane, and you don't get too cold.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Bernie, snicks, spix, Susan, Charlene, Rosa, Barbara, LindaR, Karen, pinky ann, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

DH seems to be very sleepy today, but he slept pretty well last night.  I'm doing my regular laundry and financial review today as well as taking a walk and doing some exercises at home.  I found a large chicken on sale, so that (roast chicken) is what we will be having for dinner along with some asparagus and potatoes.  

Looking forward to a quiet but good day.  Hope everyone has a good one!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- I have had some SG pants on my waitlist for ages (Milano knit), and I finally purchased a navy pair a couple of weeks ago  Really upset me to pay that much for a pair of pants ($50 or so plus tax and shipping).  But, I just couldn't find them on eBay.   Last night, I suddenly found a black pair (same style and size) from an eBay vendor I use all the time.  She (I think it is a she) accepted my bid of $29 with no shipping charge.  I'm trying not to feel bad about paying so much for the blue pair.  Also need to find some pants to donate -- one pair ready to go, but I'm hoping for two. My closet is just way too full.

Respected Contributor

Thanx @KonaKat for the start, sounds like those here are having a good day, meaning slow & easy, me too.

It started off this AM with snow but didn't last long, just now some sleet, I was really hoping Spring has sprung, NOT.

Doing some laundry & have the 15 bean soup going on the stove, hope it turns out good, think some cornbread will be a go with

To all here & all to come, hope your day is uneventful, unless in a good way

Honored Contributor

Good morning all and thanks @KonaKat for the start. Sorry the SG dress did not work out for you, it happens. Better luck to you with the Sketchers. I'm sure you are tired from all the running around all week. It is cold and windy here as well. I am ready for this wind to go away.

@Genny1, we at least, don't have snow in tomorrow's forecast, so I am grateful for that. I don't have a lot planned for the afternoon either, finishing laundry, etc. Such an exciting life I live, lol.

@LindaLatte, hope you do have a quiet and peaceful day also. I have trouble with dresses fitting me how I want too. There is usually something somewhere that is just right, lol. Roast chicken sounds good for dinner. Good score at ebay on those black pants.

@spix, the bean soup also sounds good. Sleet and snow do not sound good though. I am getting impatient to get out into the yard, so far I have not gotten much of anything done out there. The days that have been warm enough have been too wet, and vice-versa, or I had other things needing done.

Hubby and I ran errands this morning, stopped by the farmers market (today was their first day this year to be open), just bought some free range eggs and some homemade dog treats. Also went to buy a new outdoor grill as our old one was falling apart and was hauled off this morning by the spring clean up crew. I watched part of AM Style and was chatting for a little bit, but was having problems with the website jumping even more than normal and finally gave up on it. I shut my computer off and re-started it but it is still acting weird, don't know if its my computer or the website really. Need to finish some laundry and find something constructive to do, or maybe take a nap, lol, since I got up at 3:0am. Hope everyone has a nice day. Waves......

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Great job on the eBay purchase. Sometimes, it can be a great source of reasonable purchases. The last thing I scored there was a Michael Kors bag. Finding something to go when an item comes in is a good way to keep things under control. Glad DH slept well last night.

Snicks--Sorry you had an issue with the site "jumping" on you during AM Style. I didn't see that happening on my end, but who knows?  A nap might be in order since you got up at 3am.

Spix--The bean soup sounds great for a chilly da and the corn bread is a great addition. . Spring definitely has not sprung.

Marijane--I see there is an alert out for possible power outages from my area up through yours because of high winds. The wood stove is a great option for keeping warm.

I'm enjoying a hot cup of coffee right now. For some reason, I am very cold and can't get warm despite the room temp saying it is 69.  I hope I am not coming down with something.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello all,

I enjoyed the weekly AM Styke chat then got dressed in 'street clothes' to run errands.  I drove through rain, sleet and snow showers.  Yep, typical April weather in Michigan, lol.

I went to a cobbler to have some additional holes punched into the crossbody straps on the 2 oryany TSV bags I purchased recently.  Let's just say, the old man working in the back had an idea of what he thought he should do and no matter of instruction moved him off of it.  I did compliment him for being hard headed.

Guess I will be buying a leather punch from the Amazon (rolling eyes).  The girls on the handbag forum suggested that I buy a punch in the first place, but no I just HAD to take the straps to a professional (really rolling eyes).

The Pet Supplies Plus was on my way back so I picked up some pigeon food and sunflower hearts/chips.  I then made a drop off at the recycling center and managed to get my hair cut.

I grabbed a pizza on the way home and it's me and Rowdy (from Rawhide) right now, lol.

For those who've asked about my sister, there was a bit of concern that she was entirely too comfortable at the rehab center.  No goals to coming home, no roommate, sorta like she was in a spa or hotel. 

Frankly, pestering the Lord wasn't working so I moved on to the dead.  I said, hey Ma, these two sisters of mine that are giving me gray hair are YOUR children, not mine.  I need you to work with the resources available to you in heaven and find a way to move your daughter.

No sooner did I put it out there, on the same day, my sister was given a crabby roommate and my sister miraculousy decided to make goals to go home, rofl.

So, she is improving and looking forward to coming home.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Yep @birdmama our weather exactly, now the sun is shining

Hope some of you do not lose power, we used to quite often but ComEd did some upgrades & lately it's been much better

OOPS snowing again

Honored Contributor

@spix

Some of the worst weather I've ever seen has happened at the beginning of April, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It's a beautiful spring day outside; I'm taking the dogs for a ride to Tractor Supply - a 45# bag of pine pellets sold as horse bedding is under $6; a 3# bag of the identical product when sold as Feline Pine cat litter is as much or more.  Don't have to think hard on that one...

Angelica has got to go - I went out to feed her and Honeybun when I got up and discovered she tore the screens out of the back porch.  Cat Mad  That was the last straw - if she has to go to the pound, so be it - she's too darned destructive and I don't need the stress, nor can I afford to repair all the damage she does. Now I know why someonen probably dumped her, or didn't go looking for her after she ran away.

Yesterday I went to one of those walk-in medical places, as I had to get a doctor's signature on the form for a new handicapped placard. They were very nice, but had to do a cursorty check of vitals, which the PA did. I really liked the doctor; we had a nice chat (the form had to be signed by an actual doctor)  and she told me that both Home Dopot and Lowe's have programs where if you're disabled you can request they do some work, such as install a handrail. (I need one on my basement stairs.)  Apparently they post the request on a board, and employees volunteer to do the job at no charge.  I did have to wait for an hour or so, but made it to the courthouse to get my registration sticker and placard just before they closed...from there we went to Walmart. I didn't even looked at the clothing, just got what I needed...but couldn't resist checking out the coloring books... Cat Happy

Happily, my car is running just fine now - it didn't cut out even once, so I'll have to make sure I keep the tank at least half full. It was nice of that tech to tell me what was probably wrong without doing expensive testing first; he just told me to come back if that didn't work. I'll have to bring him some cupcakes this week.  

I had planned on finishing my homework last night, but was too achy from overdoing it on the clothes swap. It's another fun legal problem - I enjoy those, so I'll get it done tonight.  Only one week to go on that class...

Jean, those grey Sketchers I bought in Macy's when we were in Nashville are super-comfortable; I like them so much that I got another pair on Amazon - black, with multicolor cords.  Hope you enjoy yours.

LindaL, funny, but when I first started working I didn't bat an eye at paying that much for pants; now I wouldn't think of it. I guess we've gotten spoiled with so much manufacturing sent overseas.  I had a few sellers on eBay that I got a lot of QVC and HSN items from, but haven't looked in years - I don't need anything.

Nothing else going on here; I need to get dressed and get moving - the litter boxes need scrubbing.  Ick!

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!