Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APRIL 17)

Hi Everyone!  Fressa started our thread today with the date off a bit.  (Thanks to  for pointing this out).  So, I have copied her thread, below--

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MARCH 17)

Hi Everyone!

It's overcast, cold and a few sprinkles. We had rain all night. It looks like the forecat was a bit off. Tomorrow it's suppose to warm up to 60 so I have dog baths on list.

LindaLatte--What an ordeal with your insurance and the state. That stuff drives me crazy until it's resolved. It is so difficult to get a "person' on the other end of tthe line. (especially one that knows how to fix the error). Hopefully, that will be the last of your "surprises".

I did some late grocery shopping yesterday. The store wasn't crowed but of course they only had two cashiers. (again) I spend as much time in line as I did shopping. I sure hope we can bring our own totes sooner than later. I really miss the convenience of keeping the cold items cold until I get home. Crossing my fingers on that issue.

I had a bad allergic reaction to perfume or some scent when I was at the AtHome store on Wednesday. My face was swelling up where the elastic mask straps were making marks. I take medication daily but certain scents trigger reactions. I took it easy until late yesterday and then decided to get a few groceries late in the day. 

I watched the repeat of Lock & Lock with MaryBeth last night. They have some new items with handles. I was so tempted but decided to wait. I love the larger containers because they hold the items that I use for the dogs and stock up on for us. 

The weather channel had another special on freak storms that turned deadly and it featured two cities that we lived in/near in years past. I had never heard about the storms but it sure is interesting to see how fast the weather can turn on you.started to gather a few supplies  so we are prepared for a tornado or water tower/land slide disaster. It reminded me that I need to finish that "stash". 

I did watch most of AN Style and was tempted by Renee's top and crop pants and a few other items. They sold out too quickly so my budget is safe. I guess that's a good thing.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Respected Contributor
Nananana59

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MARCH 17)

i think you're a month behind!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APRIL 17)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Those sorts of mix-ups drive me crazy as well.  Hopefully, all is okay as far as the car registration goes.  

Sorry you had the reaction and the lines were so long at the stores.  They allow you to bring in your own bags to at least one of the two grocery stores I visit, but then you need to pack it yourself.  I am not a fast packer, and I hate to make people wait behind me, so I have not taken my own bags for more than a year.  I do put a small cooler with ice "packs" in the car, and I put the refrigerated items in it.  Although I don't travel far, it can be very hot here, and I don't like the idea of items sitting out in the heat.

I woke up early, and turned on the TV to see if Prince Phillip's funeral was on.  It was not, so I watched some of AM Style.  I saw some interesting items, but didn't purchase anything.  But, then I saw the shower caps on the Saturday morning program, and ordered them.  I have had such trouble finding shower caps that fit my head, and I hope these work.  

By the way, when I checked back, the funeral was already over.  I really felt sorry for the Queen.  

Not sure if I mentioned it, but yesterday afternoon OLLI had a "stand up comedy" presentation (students had been taking a class, and this was their final project).  It was very good, and I know a couple of the presenters which made it even better.

It started off cool this morning (in the upper 40's), but should make it to 80 degrees later.  And, it is nice and sunny. 

Nothing exciting planned for the day -- laundry, weekly financial review, etc.  I'm going for my walk soon.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hello Fressa @Fressa , Linda @LindaLatte  and all who follow.  

Today is my sister's 61st birthday so I started my day yapping on the phone with her.  She's feeling okay post vaccine but she wants to wait until tomorrow to actually celebrate her day, just in case Woman Happy

It's 48 degrees outside (1:45 pm) so I'm thinking I'll probably mow my grass for the first time on Monday since it's supposed to be mid 60's.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---Wish your sister a Happy Birthday from me. Hope you have a nice time once you do get together to celebrate.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---Those OLLI classes sound so interesting! What fun to see a few of the students in the production. 

i think Prince Phillips funeral was at 10Am our time. I keep forgetting if England is 5 or 6 hours behind our time. Fox was streaming it Live on one of their channels but I didn't see wat the BBC channel was doing. I'm thinking there might be rebroadcasts on one of those or on the internet somewhere. 

I did feel bad for the Queen. They have both been fortunate that they had a long life together. Still sad.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Birthday to your sister, Bernie.  My SIL was born the same year, but in November.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaLatte wrote:
Hi Everyone!  Fressa started our thread today with the date off a bit.  (Thanks to  for pointing this out).  So, I have copied her thread, below--

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MARCH 17)

Hi Everyone!

It's overcast, cold and a few sprinkles. We had rain all night. It looks like the forecat was a bit off. Tomorrow it's suppose to warm up to 60 so I have dog baths on list.

LindaLatte--What an ordeal with your insurance and the state. That stuff drives me crazy until it's resolved. It is so difficult to get a "person' on the other end of tthe line. (especially one that knows how to fix the error). Hopefully, that will be the last of your "surprises".

I did some late grocery shopping yesterday. The store wasn't crowed but of course they only had two cashiers. (again) I spend as much time in line as I did shopping. I sure hope we can bring our own totes sooner than later. I really miss the convenience of keeping the cold items cold until I get home. Crossing my fingers on that issue.

I had a bad allergic reaction to perfume or some scent when I was at the AtHome store on Wednesday. My face was swelling up where the elastic mask straps were making marks. I take medication daily but certain scents trigger reactions. I took it easy until late yesterday and then decided to get a few groceries late in the day. 

I watched the repeat of Lock & Lock with MaryBeth last night. They have some new items with handles. I was so tempted but decided to wait. I love the larger containers because they hold the items that I use for the dogs and stock up on for us. 

The weather channel had another special on freak storms that turned deadly and it featured two cities that we lived in/near in years past. I had never heard about the storms but it sure is interesting to see how fast the weather can turn on you.started to gather a few supplies  so we are prepared for a tornado or water tower/land slide disaster. It reminded me that I need to finish that "stash". 

I did watch most of AN Style and was tempted by Renee's top and crop pants and a few other items. They sold out too quickly so my budget is safe. I guess that's a good thing.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Respected Contributor
Nananana59

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MARCH 17)

i think you're a month behind!!

Linda L, thanks for starting the thread.  We watched all of the Royal funeral this morning & cleaned the family room at the same time.    My heart goes out to the Queen too.  My youngest bil is named Phillip as well as my late Mom's only cousin. I have always liked that name.  It's too bad about your cousin insurance mess up.  

Bird Mama, say happy birthday to your sister and have fun when you get together.

I am excited that our two youngest dgc (16 & 18) got their first Pfizer vaccination last week on Thursday.  Our eldest dgs is having a difficult time trying to get his first vaccination at the Univ.  It will be so nice when they are all vaccinated and we can get together with them.  

I did my walk this afternoon for the first time in two weeks.  It's a beautiful🌞🌞🌞 60° day & it was so nice to be on my moped again. 

Our spring cleaning job has kept us busy for several weeks and the plan is to get the laundry room done next Monday.  For some reason, that's the last & least room to do.  

Fressa, I am sorry about the reaction to whatever it was.  We have been lucky to get in & out of the grocery stores quickly.  There are few people at 8:15 & no lines going through the checkouts.  The shelves are nicely stocked too.

We drove to the bank this morning as we wanted to go to our lock box, only to find out that the lobby isn't open on Saturday morning.  Good thing it's only a short drive.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

ETA: Bird Mama,  my DH mowed the lawn yesterday for the first time.  I still think it's too early.  

Honored Contributor

Glenda @twinny70   I better do it on Monday because I just watched the local forecast and odds are high we are going to get enough snow to accumulate Tuesday night into Wednesday Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, our meteorologist was teasing us today with "April flurries."

It's still better than hot weather any day of the week.