Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APRIL 1)

Twinny--Swiss steak for dinner sounds great It is good that ther weather is permitting you to be active outdoors with walking plus the moped. I have no idea what the skorts will look like on me but I wanted something different and I will not wear shorts and have never worn a skort. Some look dressier than others. When I was much younger I used to get severe cases of colds and flu until I started taking the flu and pneumonia shots upon doctor's advice. I rarely have a bad case. As exhausting as this one was, it didn't invade the lungs nor was the tissue box depleted.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@twinny70

It's never a good idea to let me loose in a shoe store, lol.

I returned a pair of shoes that cost me $158 and ended up buying two different pair for less than what I paid for that one pair.

I bought these because even though the heel looks high, they honestly felt like I slipped into a house shoe - I can't tell you how much I love Vince Camuto shoes :-)

I'm sorry the picture is so big - it's like the shoe that ate Toledo or something

Jace Sandal

I happened to browse the clearance racks and I really like Lucky Brand lower heeled boots.  I found these for $45 - original retail is typically $129 for Lucky Brand boots like this.

IMG_1016 (250x191).jpg

I had sprayed the suede with some protectant and put the boot in the driveway to get a good picture of the color.

Here's where it gets interesting and goes to show that things happen for a reason.  There is a Prince memorial event going on at the Majestic theater tonight.  I've never been a 'clubbing' kinda girl so going out to an even that starts at 10pm is atypical for me.  As we approach the 1 year anniversary of Prince's passing, I thought I would take a stab at being around folks who like the music and there will be dancing.

I'm wearing jeans and a purple top (Purple was Prince's signature color) and was resigned to wearing a grey pair of low heeled boots.

I saw these purple boots at a ridiculous price and almost yelled Eureka!

They protected and ready to go.  And the best part is, I can dance in them without hurting myself.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

nice boots Bernie.....I especially like the Lucky brand one,I have a pair of green suede ones I bought at Macy's a few years  ago .....I've never had a pair of Camuto ones.   Sounds like a great outfit you have put together.....have a great time!!

Honored Contributor

@Genny1  Marijane, I'm shy around new people and not a joiner so it remains to be seen how this will go.  There is something to be said for knowing I can up and leave and drive home if it's not working.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise