Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APR 27)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Another hot day here -- should make it up into the 90's.  I slept better last night, but still not great.  Almost put on the AC since it was pretty warm -- that might have helped me sleep, but....

I did make it to the pool yesterday afternoon.  Much to my surprise since I definitely prefer warm to cool water, it was pretty warm even for me.  Nevertheless, it was good to be swimming again, and I saw some of my "pool buddies" I have not seen for a while.

My walk this morning was longer than usual (took at different and longer route), so I need to get busy with my usual laundry and financial review. I have a hospice visit this afternoon.

I saw a little of AM Style, and I am really considering the one day only Clarks.  While I have plenty of sandals, the earlier version of this style is my favorite by far, and one pair that I have is many years old and showing a bit of wear.  Not an easy decision for me.  Trying to talk myself out of buying, but......

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APR 27)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I am happy that you are able to enjoy pool time with your friends again. Oh, you mentioned Clarks sandals OTO so I had to check them out. I like the Lexi bottom but I like slip on sandals as opposed to those with straps around the ankles.

I slept very good last night according to my FitBit. It is doing well so I don't need the TSV. I have the Alta HR which I like very much. I posted more sampler pics of a tour we took in Australia of the Blue Mountains. It is a beautiful sunny day but rumor says that will change this weekend. I was looking forward to a dry drive to Columbus on Monday, which is a three hour drive one way.

I am ending this month with no want purchases for two months. Part of me wants to reward myself with something but it is like the chip commercial, "You can't have just one." I don't have a love of chips but I do understand why some eat the whole bag.

I'm off to read, and then perhaps do some more decluttering this evening.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   I'm glad that you slept a bit better last night.  I woke up around 4:30, looked at the clock and said - no way and rolled back over and put a pillow over my face, lol.  When I woke up 2 hours later I just stayed up.  When I saw Leah wasn't hosting AM Style I changed the channel to something else.

If you know the sandals are a winner, treat yourself.  Sandal season runs a long time for you in AZ.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Jean @KonaKat  I'm still plugging away on the facebook marketplace and it's going well.  I think that could be one of the things keeping my urge to shop in check.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, 90° seems too early yet.  I have been loving the 60's-70's.  We have had the ceiling fans on because I can't sleep in a hot bedroom or cook in a hot kitchen.  The swimming pool sounded great too. I saw no AMS this morning, but  enjoy the sandals if you get them. I hope that your Hospice visit goes well for you this afternoon.

Jean, I am like you when it comes to shoes and sandals.  I only wear slide & go shoes.  I slept great last night too.   Shopping wore me out, but it was fun.  I like looking at what I might be buyingbuying.  Great job on two months without getting a wanty.  

We had a nice time on Thursday doing a little bit of shopping before we went to Emily's band concert that night.  She was nervous because she had a Solo (plays baritone)_ but she did fine.  We took her out for supper at KFC.  The boys were busy.  She is still at the innocent age.  She said that she had a boy in her band that she thought liked her, so she asked him & he said "yes."  She doesn't like him though.  She also asked her mom and her brothers gf & they said that he liked her.  Our dd looked at his texting and also said he liked her bc he asked for her phone # many times over  Our dd told her that she is too young to date yet & she was happy.  As much fun as we had with our 2 dc. I am glad that their dating days are over.

I did some fun shopping yesterday and on Thursday.  I bought a chip and dip bowl at Home Goods.  It's not glass but it is very pretty.  At Christmas time I looked everywhere for one with no luck. Then Yesterday I bought two nice tops.  One was from Ross and one was from Marshall's.   One is a  Michael  Kors red  t-shirt style with a nice short sleeve with a matching trim and self bow.  60% cotton and 40% viscose.  The other one is a white on white design dressier top with short sleeves.  I also donated 6 tops because I am done with horizontal stripes & large gawdy prints.

It started snowing at 9:30 this morning and they were calling for 5-10" of snow.  The grass is completely covered, but the road is just wet yet.  It's been like being in a ❄❄❄ globe and looking outside.  I am loving every bit of it.  My DH emptied the snow blower a few days ago so he might not be happy.

I forgot to buy him a birthday card so I made a quick trip to DG for a card and then  realized that I couldn't find my hairbrush so I bought another one.  Then I went to the SC outlet store and got him a few sweet treats for his birthday tomorrow.

We are going out for 🍕🍕🍕 for supper and then to the MAC for Buckets & Tap Shoes.  Tomorrow after church we are meeting friends for lunch.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--You are doing great with the Facebook Marketplace. Yes, that would be a great activity to do in place of buying. After all, you are seeing money come in instead of it going out plus you are "thinning the herd."

Twinny--Snow? Not good. Happy Birthday to DH. I think the pizza for dinner sounds good. We are thinking alike as I just returned from the pizza place with a small pizza. You certainly found some great buys.

My big expwnditure for the day was my co-cay for a 90 day supply of a drug and the small pizza which I haven't had for a couple of weeks.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.