Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APR 18)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a dark and rainy day. Add to that, no sleep after 2am, so I have a headache brewing.

I'm watching AM Style right now. I watched the TSV being presented during one of those encore presentations when I couldn't sleep. I decided to get the red version that is now on waitlist. I haven't had a red bag for a couple of years, so this will be my bag purchase for the year.

When AM Style is over, I might try going back to bed as I am getting very sleepy and the headache doesn't help.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APR 18)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat  I'm sorry that you didn't get a full night's sleep.  The TSV is cute in the red pattern and it's nice that they are including a coordinated wallet with the handbag.

I had been watching the prices of this Travelon crossbody bag for nearly a year.

43220 Boho Square Crossbody - By Collection - Anti-Theft

Who knew JCP carried Travelon?  I ordered this bag in my most recent online order and it arrived from Chicago within 24 hours of me ordering it.  Was a great price and scored free shipping.  I really like this bag.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Our weather has been a bit of everything this week and today is no exception. It's a bit cloudy but not too bad. The temps are cool but not cold. I may attempt to do a little maintainece in the side garden just to get a bit of fresh air. I did receive plants a few days ago and they are just looking sadder by the day in the garage. I have them in the window and watered them. I still think they ship these too soon. 

Yeserday was my worse day for my migraine. I was online for the entire morning trying to establish an on line bill pay system for the parking garage. They started this new system effective with May's bill. It's a mess and there seems to be only 1 person (part time) to "man the ship". Crossing my fingers that this situation is resolved but I think it will be a fw days before we receive conformation. Frustrating...

KomKat--Sorry you didn't sleep much. It places such a drag on your system and day. I hope you can catch a nap to revive your systema a bit or at least ease your headache.

We decided yesterday that we are going to try to transplant some of the holly to our front hill. That should give me more room for flowers on the side. This should be interesting since I'm allergic to holly. LOL  My husband will be the labor and I'm suppose to just point and push the dirt around the roots. That's our plan. Crossing my fingers.

I had ordered a cement dog planter from HSN a couple of weeks ago. It was on clearance and was larger than most "dog" statue/ planters so I could not resist. I want to plant some of the gerber daisies in it. The deer ate all of the ones I had in the front planters last year. This year I'm going to plant them in the patio area so I can see them. That's fenced in for the dogs. This winter was tough on some of my planters because I had more casulties than usual. Instead of buying the big planters again I thought I would try a few of the decorative ones. I got the idea from seeing Carolyn Gracie's facebook posts. She has such a green thumb. ( I do not. ha ha!) but how she mixes in statues, etc.  always looks so nice.

I finally finished with scrubbing the baseboards on the upper level yesterday. Monday/Tuesday I will start with the lower level. Like many of you, I was hoping that our activities would be further along with retail openings, etc. My hope is that I still have lots of "to do" and we are back to normal.

Stay safe & comfy. Have a good afternoon/evening.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you didn't get much sleep and have a headache.  I hope you got some rest and feel better.  I like the bag you ordered.  If I had ordered, the red would have been my first choice.  But, I resisted until the red was sold out.

I didn't sleep well myself, but certainly more than two hours.  I was ready to get up around 4:00 a.m., but forced myself to stay in bed until 5:00.  Crazy given that I have nothing much planned for the day.

That purse you ordered is very nice, Bernie.  I am thinking about changing to the Kipling purse we both have -- inspired by the TSV.  Actually don't use a purse much these days since I rarely go out except for my daily walk around the neighborhood -- no purse required for the walk.  

Really sorry about your migraine, Fressa.  You are certainly into gardening -- camo thumb or not.  I hope you and your DH get the holly transplanted, and your new plants "perk up" as my MIL used to say.   

I will do my regular Saturday chores -- laundry and weekly financial review as well as take a walk around the neighborhood.  Probably a little more tile and grout cleaning as well.   It is mostly sunny and should make it into the upper 70's today. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda 

ETA -- I forgot to mention that I heard the husband of a lady in my Caregivers group died yesterday.  He was in the behavior wing of the local nursing home, so I'm sure she hasn't seen him for a while.  Anyway, she was moving to a smaller apartment yesterday (to save money), and then this happened.  She already suffered from depression, etc., so I'm sure she isn't doing well.  I'm sure Margaret would appreciate your prayers and good thoughts.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I am sorry that you got little s sleep because of the migraine.  I only saw a bag this morning on ams when I first  turned the tv on.  Red is always a fun color.

Bird Mama, I didn't know that JCP sold Travelon bags.  I have a very similar LUG bag that I use when I moped & vacationing.  It's so handy with nice sized pockets.

fressa, we had snow on the grass yesterday and today it's supposed to be near 60°.  It sounds like you have a Green thumb to me.  Good luck with your holly plants.  Online bill paying would give me a migraine too.  Your dog statue sounds cute.  Scrubbing baseboards is a one day at a time job.  

Linda L, I am sorry that your 2 dgc won't be able to have a graduation ceremony either.  Such a wonderful milestone for them and you. It's a beautiful sunny, windy day here too so I hung out a load of cloth napkins & my Easter dish towels.  They were dry in an hour.  Tile grout cleaning sounds like a hard job on the knees unless you can use a mop.

I have been a busy beaver.  I polished the dining room set with a spray bottle of Golden Oil wood polish and conditioner  and a soft cloth.  Just had to spray it on, wait 10 seconds and wipe off. 

The last two days, I did the kitchen cabinets with a bottle of Original Regency Gold & dipped a piece of one of my dh's old white t shirt into a bowl of the solution,  got it wet & then wrung it out.  Works well too.  I think that both products came from QVC.

I steam mopped the floors afterwards  to make sure that I didn't have anything left on the floors to make them slippery.

Just had lunch and hot tubbed.  I feel a book calling my name.

Hugs to all of you 

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I really like that Travelon bag. I didn't know JCP carried the brand. I used to use them all the time, as well as B Mak. Brands come and go on the Q. I really didn't need the bag I ordered but I haven't had a red one in a long time, and that one seemed to give me a lift.

Fressa--I hope the holly transplant goes well and you don't have severe consquences from the transplanting because of the allergy. I hope the dog planter works out well for you. I think animal planters really highlight the flowers, etc. and the area in which they are used.

Linda--I also have Kipling bags which I had transitioned to using instead of the Lug, etc. although my bag I use for work is an oversized Lug that carries everything. Like you, a small bag works well for me most of the time. I have a small crossbody by Lug that is perfect for carrying the essentials. It is a smaller version of F13844 and is the original Carousel which despite the years I have had it still looks great.

Twinny--You certainly have been busy.  I'm sure that your cabinets look great as well as the floors. It is amazing how one day it can be warm and sunny and the next day a complete turn around with snow. Mother Nature can't make up her mind. I heard on the news that 2020 might go down in records as the hottest year on record.

I did go back to bed and sleep after taking Tylenol Arthritis for the paiin I was having earlier. In addition, sometimes the rotator cuff issue isn't very comfortable if I don't position myself right.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, if this is the going to be the hottest year in history, I am going to move to AK, ASAP.  I get hot when it's in the 60's & sunny.  It will be a moped summer for sure.  No heat build up inside like a vehicle gets.  I get a lot of pain in my hands.  Like putting your hand over a very hot stove.  I am surprised that I didn't go nuts almost 19 years ago when I was diagnosed with CIDP.  I can still remember going to McDonald's and putting ice cubes into a throw away cup and spinning it around & around in my hands.  That's why I hate hot weather. 

I am doing lots of things now before it gets hot and I don't want to do anything.  It's been a beautiful sunny windy day.  Hopefully we will be able to go to a beach.  Our Louisiana vacation was supposed to start on Wednesday.