Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 9/20)

KonaKat, thank you for your response as well (several ladies yesterday wrote that you were the travel expert!) I will definitely check into the Ames Walker socks...they sound like exactly what I am looking for. Judy

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Hope you have a good "relax and recovery day", and you don't have a cold or something. Glad you got your DB jacket -- I'm sure it will be used. No TSV or other Christmas items for me either. I just put out my Fall decorations, and I thought maybe it was too soon. LOL

Hi Birdmama -- hope you like that saw. It looked interesting, but I don't have any use for one in this location. Back in Maryland it would have been very useful.

Wow -- sounds like you are having lots of fun experiences twinny. I never had cheese curds, sounds interesting. What a lot of accordions. A lady I used to work with plays accordion at various events and really enjoys it.

Hope you find some compression socks that work well for you Judy.

Hi Arlene -- good job in restricting your shopping. I always think I have too many clothes until I read your posts. LOL I have a very difficult time parting with clothes that still fit, and aren't too worn, etc., but my closet space/storage space is very limited here. Big contrast to my house in Maryland. But, one thing I know is that I will fill up the space, no matter how much space is available. Need to work on that one -- baby steps. So glad you enjoyed Chicago -- it is great that you could see such a good live performance. I saw the movie on a plane, and I think it lost something (a lot) by seeing it there.

Waves to Kathleen (enjoying time with your DH), Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Nancy, Val, Rosa, Gayle, Gina, Kathy, Sonya, and all of our posters and readers.

I was "promoting" the continuing education classes at Curves this morning (not many takers, but...), and then I tried Zumba. Wow -- that was a workout. I really need another shower.

DH and I had a nice walk this morning, and I have started the laundry. Weekly financial stuff to follow.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

I forgot that I ate clam chowder twice in ME & when our DDIL dropped our DS & us off at Quincy Market--Boston I had clam chowder in a bread bowl. My DH says YUCK, but I love it once a year.

DH & I just got back from the festivities downtown. Our town of about 10,000 must have had 10,000 people on the S. side of the square to watch the accordions playing. It was a spectacle to behold. We get quite a lot of tourists as we have a historical courthouse right in the center of the square. After they were done playing DH & I stood in line for a long time for a grilled cheese sandwich & a cheesecake on a stick. Actually he stood a long time & I went into the hospitality tent to get chairs for us to eat our lunch. It did sprinkle for a while, but then the sun came out. We came back home as soon as we were done eating. I don't enjoy crowds like that & now we are going to take a much needed nap. Thank goodness they have 3 motorcycle parking spots so that made our lives much easier than fighting over a parking spot. My cousin just went back home as she had done everything she wanted to do too. I think her DH missed her too. I am debating how we will see the parade tomorrow. There will be at least 100,000 people in our small town. I think it is worse than usual as it is the 100th year of celebrating Cheese Days.

Respected Contributor

I have not had cheese curds--but I do love cheese. That would be interesting.

Rain off and on today. Humidity plus.

Respected Contributor

Hello friends! I got my pedicure this morning and bought a pair of jeans and a pair of over the knee boots that were just too cute. The hands I got the other day got baggy once I wore them an hour ago they have to go back. The lady promised me these jeans will hold their shape. DH took me out for ice cream and that's about it here.