Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 9/13)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a rainy day here, and it is so tempting to return to bed. I never have trouble adjusting to a time change of 6 hours going west but coming back is quite another story. I was still awake at 3am last night and Midnight kept checking me out to make sure I was still there with him. He got me up at the usual time at which time I fed him and went back to bed, getting up at 9am.

I guess this is accessory day or something like that. I went ten days without watching tv and also limited internet use despite it easily available. The only shopping was traditional jewelry item to remember the area, as well as a selection of Big Island candies for gifts and myself. I had to restrain myself in the Big Island Candies store and factory....so many different items and so tasty.

I really like the Vionic ankle boots that are being shown now but I have several boots which can do me and were less expensive. I indulged in the Michael Kors frames for my glasses so with that and the trip combined, I need to watch the expenditures. I would have preferred a less expensive frame but those were limited in number and style. I do need an adjustment but I'm going to wait as I want to see if it is because of the difference in prescription or because I was so tired that my focusing was not at its best.

I'm taking this day to rest as tomorrow I'll be going to the city to get my nails done and do some grocery shopping. I could wait until Monday but I prefer to keep that day open just in case I'm called to work. I know I definitely work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and on Friday I have an appointment in Columbus, Ohio.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 9/13)

Welcome Back - did you have a lovely time?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bird--I had a great time, packing in several activities without much time to recover. We did this tour the day before we left. It was fabulous but was physically challenging for someone over the hill. The terrain and its features were beautiful and we sampled fruit from the various trees as we hiked.

http://www.hawaii-forest.com/index.php/tours/kohala_waterfalls

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Welcome back and glad you had a good time. We had rain this morning, but now it is just dreary and grey out. It actually looks like it is November out there. Not much going on here today, I have to run out and get the dog a couple things and that is about it.

I was looking at the TSV, I do like it, but it is too heavy empty. I have gotten use to fabric bags and my shoulder does not do well with heavy leather ones anymore. Don't get me wrong, I do love the look of the leather ones but I just can't carry them for long periods of time and eventually they end up in the closet. Oh well, the search continues.

Well off to get some caffeine and pick up the dogs stuff. Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

I know how much you enjoy these trips Jean, and that hike looks great (if a bit challenging). Hope that you can get over the jet lag soon. I never did well with jet lag, and it hasn't improved any with age. Good idea to wait on those glasses. I find that changes in my glasses can be a problem, and usually things work out okay (eventually). But, sometimes I need to have adjustments made.

We really missed you on the thread. It is great to have you back.

Hope you have a good time tomorrow. Sounds like a busy week for you. I have never been a Dooney fan, but I actually like the TSV. Definitely will not purchase, however. I can't bring myself to spend that much on a purse. I ordered some boots from Amazon, not expensive, and I'm hoping they work for me. The good part is that I can return them without charge since I used Prime.

Hi Birdmama -- hope all is well with you. Sorry about your weather Susan. Hope you find a purse that works for you.

We had a big thunderstorm yesterday evening -- not expected, but this morning it is nice. It was cooler and a little windy this morning. I really enjoyed our walk except for these swarms of bugs that seem to come out after the rain. One got stuck in my hair, but I did get him out.

Nothing exciting planned for today. I will do my regular laundry and financial stuff, and perhaps go to the pool.

DD took DGD to the minute clinic yesterday, and she has a sinus infection. Hopefully, the medicine will help her quickly. Meanwhile football DGS had a good game/scrimmage last night.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, Marijane, LindaR, Karen, Rosa, Gayle, Val, Nancy, Gina, Kathy, Jules, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--It is chilly here as well as being dreary. You are right about it looking more like a November day. I also like the looks of the TSV but I have quit carrying heavy handbags which become even heavier when loaded with items.

Linda--I know how much you enjoy your walks but fighting to get bugs out of the hair after a rain is not my idea of fun. I do hope DGD's sinus infection clears up quickly as well as DGS had a great scrimmage. The boots I have are Clarks which I got from Amazon with free shipping and free return.

I just had a small lunch and think I will go to bed and read as well as rest. If I keep watching, I might find something to buy. I'm cold so that eternity scarf they keep pushing is increasing in attractiveness.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

I way overslept - I was up very late doing an exam, and it took longer than I expected. It wasn't difficult, but it was long - 50 questions. I was so tired by the time I went to bed that I forgot to take my contacts out, now my eyes are burning. Before I can do anything else or go anywhere, I need to take them out for an hour or two. It's a nice, sunny day, but temps are only around 80°, so the pool is out.

Yesterday I had to go to Publix since I was totally out of kitty kibble, and I found out they'll actually cash personal checks up to $500! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Since I was out of money but am getting a large transfer on Monday, I was able to get what I needed. It was raining when we first left the house, but on my way out of the store I saw the most gorgeous rainbow...and since the rain had stopped, the dogs got their walk on the trail (and I got some exercise.)

Good to see you back, Jean - it was too quiet around here without you! I love the Hawaii candies too, but can get most of them from ABC Stores online. In fact, I don't know how it's possible, but I'm my last bag of Kona blend coffee - I have to order more. I could have sworn I had a few more bags, but I guess not. {#emotions_dlg.crying} The jet lag from west to east is always worse than east to west; I remember I always used to crash for an entire day after getting back from a Hawaii trip...and that was when I was much younger! Anyway, did you bring something back for Midnight?

LindaL, I think it's a hoot that your prize at Curves was pizza! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} A few weeks ago I got a tiny bug in my ear, of all places, and it's astonishing how LOUD an itty bitty creature can sound! I ended up putting in a bit of olive oil to drown him, then laid on that side so he could seep out with it.

I like the TSV purse, but can't do heavy bags since the arthritis in my shoulder started acting up. I do have my eye on an Anuschka purse that I love (in grey, since Jules MADE me buy grey shoes in Nashville!), but I want to pay off my old value pays first. They sure do add up!

My eyes are really starting to burn; guess I'd better take a break. Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Arlene--I crashed this afternoon to rest and read and fell asleep. Going over 24 hours without sleep is a killer and then add the time change to it. I'm trying to determine if age also has something to do with it. I cut down on my shopping this time, so all Midnight got when I got back was me. That was a cute pic!! A bug in the ear? I saw a program on Discovery Fit and Health's Trauma or similar show where they had to remove a bug from someone's ear. It had burrowed deeply. so be careful.

I turned on the Q just in time to see an IM watch being presented. I did not order but was very tempted.