Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 8/9)

Blasted board...I wrote a long post and just noticed it didn't "take" - I wonder what totally innocuous word the filthy-minded webbie has blocked now? {#emotions_dlg.mad}

I was up and out early - picked up a bunch of sweaters at 90% off at Coldwater Creek for Jules, as well as a cute top for my FL cousin's birthday. I got to thinking I should have gotten some sweaters as gifts and one of the pretty purple ones for myself and went back, and in little over an hour the prices had dropped even more, so $80 sweaters were $6! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Found some more cute ones for Jules, and one for my friend I'm going to FL with, although it might be too small - it's a 2X, which was the biggest size they had left. I did resist a cute black & white summer top for myself; the price was right, but I look awful in black. They were down to five racks of stuff, most half-empty, except for a rack of ugly animal print pants - both leopard print and hot pink leopard print. {#emotions_dlg.scared} No one was even looking at them.

One of the clerks said that Talbot's has bought the CC name, and she also said we're getting a Macy's. That would be nice; if it's true I guess it would be in the JCP that closed down. When I think of Macy's, though, I think of "The World's Largest Store" in Herald Square - all of the others combined can't compare.

That's a shame about Lisa Mason if it's true; I looked at her FB page and Steve Bryant wrote a nice post. Did anyone think to call Customer Service to confirm the veracity of it?

My textbooks arrived. I heard knocking on the front door, and I don't answer if I'm not expecting anyone, then someone was pounding on the kitchen door, which I never use and scared the heck out of me. I figured out it was the postman when I saw the package on the front porch; they're being very diligent about delivering packages since I filed a complaint against them. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Glad to hear your niece is doing better, Jean.

Enjoy your free shower curtain, twinny. I swapped mine out last week - the kittens I adopted last year made a mess of the one I had.

Well, yesterday I got rained out again, so I'd better hit the pool while I can - it's hot and sunny.