Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 10/4)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a nippy day with temps expected to be in the 30s tonight. Right now, it is 43 degrees. I "celebrated" by making the transition to flannel sheets.

I'm watching AM Style right now. I can't think of a thing I need to order except a "want" I have parked in my cart at Amazon: a 10.1 inch tablet, a cover for it, and a stylus. It has been parked there for three days. I'll eventually hit the submit button but right now, I'm practicing restraint as I don't have an immediate urge to get it. I'll still use my 7 inch tablet for various purposes.

I did download my choice of October First books for my Kindle. Each month, I get a preview of four books to be released during the coming month and am able to choose one free before it is released. The funny thing is that when you go to submit the order, you have the choice of ordering it free or doing a pre-order at $4.99. Duh, who would pre-order at the price when they can get it free?

I do like the Laura Geller TSV I got. I didn't like the blush pink IM ceramic watch on me so it is going back. I have it in two other colors so I like the watch. Had the color been more intense, it might have stayed with me. I am one of those who don't look good in pastel shades of clothing, and apparently the same goes for watches. If I don't have an immediate love for something out of the box, back it goes.

Ooops! They are showing a D&Co. washable suede jean style jacket that looks nice and it is on five easy pays. I like it!! The reviews are very good!!

I may or may not go to the city this weekend. Right now, I'm enjoying being lazy and not having to be anywhere.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 10/4)

Jean, it is in the 30's this morning & I saw snow flakes at 7:00 a.m. when I went to mom's for the first session of eye drops. Her neighbor across the street will be going over at 9:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. so that will be a big help for today anyway. Today when I went to mom's at 7:00 I just grabbed a set of keys. Then when I went to look to see if I had her house key on my key ring, I couldn't find my keys as I using DH's. After spending over an hour searching high & low for them, when DH got up they were in his pants pocket. He must have grabbed my keys at 11:00 last night when he was half a sleep! I like LG makeup & that is the only kind that I use. I did see that jean jacket that was on AMS today. That is about the only thing that I saw & I didn't get a long look at it either.

Mom's birthday is on Friday so today we are in search of a GOOD flashlight & a nice magnifying glass. She has a tiny flashlight now that is useless. I also need to get a few groceries to hold us over until next Friday.

Tomorrow DH & I are planning to go to our annual fireman's pancake breakfast after church. We haven't been to church for a month, so we would definitely like to see our nice church family again.

Nothing exciting today besides eye drops & lots of laundry. It is too cold & wet to hang outside, so I will hang in the basement. It will dry quickly down there though as we did have to turn the heat on today.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I am so happy that you have a neighbor to help you today. It is so frustrating to find yourself without your appropriate keys. Glad you were able to locate them. I think the pancake breakfast sounds so good. I also have the heat on. I am so cold natured that I feel cold when others are comfy.

I talked myself out of the Denim & Co. jacket. I didn't need it as I had bought those two faux leather jackets from Dennis Basso. I did order A263541, a set of 8 L'Occitane hand creams.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Good morning ladies! Twinny I'm so glad you get a break today and glad you found your keys. Jean, it's nice to not "need" anything, isn't it. You get a lot of use of your jackets in your area. I hardly get to wear mine at all.

I loathe to mention the weather here anymore. We did not get any rain we were promised but the temps cooled down to beautiful this morning. DH says COLD. He walked around the house turning off fans. ha ha

DD and I are running to the store for a few things and she wants to try on tops at Kohl's. I am making my corn chowder for this afternoon so she can take some home with her.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today, have a good day lounging. We are at 37 degrees right now, I think I need to get out the warmer jackets.

Twinny - I used to have a flashlight that the light would project in front of you and project on to the ground in front of you at the same time. I think I found it in the Solution catalog and them may also sell them at Lowes. I used to use it when I walked the dog after dark, I really liked it and it was light weight.

Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen--I do hope you and DD have a great outing at Kohls. I'm still awaiting my replacement card from them. They said I could use my driver's license and the clerk would be able to post any purchases to my card. The only problem with that is that I am also awaiting my Real ID Federal driver's license. In the interim, I have a temporary driver's license. Sorry you aren't getting your promised rain. We just had a rain again this morning.

When my feet get cold, I'm cold all over regardless of what the thermometer says the room temperature is. Right now, those faux fur lined house booties have made a big difference after breaking over and putting them on.

Trusted Contributor

good afternoon Ladies, It's a cold,rainy,miserable day here, no heat on yet but DH has a fire in the wood stove in family room that throws a lot of heat downstairs...we close off the doors to the LR and DR so it keeps pretty warm.

. it is nice your Mom's neighbor is helping out Twinny...it must be exhausting for you....take care of yourself and hope the coming week your Mom will improve. It's a good idea about the flashlight, Susan's one sounds interesting.

Have fun at Kohl's Kathleen with your DD....sorry you didn't get the rain.....we got it instead!! Although tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful.....But cold.. I have been digging out my sweaters.

Not much going on here...we were supposed to go into Brooklyn today to see my GS soccer game but because of the weather has been cancelled.......I was hoping to get a meal out...LOL. DH is making beef bourguignonne for dinner tonight....one of his few specialities . have a nice day everyone...stay warm! MARIJANE

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--Sorry that your outing was cancelled because of the weather. Any excuse for a good meal out is a good one. I was also looking forward to a good meal out today but just couldn't get myself moving.

I think I'll head for the bed and the Kindle. The covers will feel good.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Sorry for your cold/cool weather Jean. I know that like me, you enjoy the warm/hot weather instead. Hope you enjoy those hand creams. I love L'Occitane hand cream, and Laura Geller make-up. Our weather continues to be warm/hot -- actually above normal temperatures. It should get cooler next week, but still way warmer than where many of you live.

Very glad to hear your neighbor can help with your Mom twinny. The church breakfast sounds great. Do try to take care of yourself, I know it isn't easy.

Enjoy shopping with your DD Kathleen. Hope everyone enjoys the corn chowder. A lady gave me her recipe for corn chowder (I loved it when I tasted it), and I decided it was way too much trouble -- took hours and hours. I'm sure there must be easier recipes, but.....

Hi Susan -- definitely sounds like you need warmer jackets. That flashlight sounds like a great idea.

Sorry your GS's soccer game was canceled Marijane, but I'm glad your DH is keeping the house warm and making dinner.

Waves to Arlene (glad one of your cats came back), LindaR, Nancy, Val, Rosa, Jules, Gayle, Gina, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Nothing too exciting going on here. DH and I had a nice walk this morning, and I will start the laundry soon. I went to the storage room yesterday, and found that DH had stored lots of T-shirts there. Looks like he didn't need any extras. Oh well.... I found five to donate, and I'll need to iron the others before he can wear them. I donated his bicycle yesterday, and I went to Curves. I have lost some fat and inches off of parts that I wanted to lose inches from, and I gained a pound. This makes me very happy indeed (I was on the low weight end of things after my accident).

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

RC, I will send you some cold rain & then some lovely snowflakes. Have fun with your DD at Kohl's today. I love corn chowder & today would be a good day for it here.

Susan, It is in the 30's today too, but I just don't want to get out the winter coats yet. It might be in the 60's by mid week. It did feel good though when we turned on the heat today. Just enough to take the dampness out & feel comfortable. I don't like sitting with a wrap or blanket all over me, as it is a hazard for me if I have to jump to answer the phone. I did find a nice flashlight but not a nice magnifying glass.

Jean, I am sure the DB coats are much nicer than the D & Co. washable suede one. I did like the look of it though too.

Marijane, Yes it seems like we are all experiencing cold right now. Dinner sounds good too. My DH's specialty is anything on the grill.

DH & I did manage a trip to the grocery store. The place that I least like to go. I am going down for a nap soon as DH said he will do the "duty" at 3:00. Dinner tonight is rib eyes so I can use the oven to keep the house warm. And to think that it was in the 80's Monday & 70's Tuesday & Weds.