Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 10/4)

LL, I had my cousin drop in last week from AZ. I hadn't seen her in 5 years. She said the temps are hot where she lives & she was cold here & it was beautiful, sunny & upper 70's, my type of weather. My DH has way too many t-shirts & dress shirts. He can't even remember what colors they are when he buys new dress pants or some nice dressier shorts. I always tell him he has lots more clothes than I do. A couple of year ago when we went out for dinner with friends he apparently came home with somebody elses coat. He didn't even realize it for about 2 months when he went to put that coat on a again & this was in the winter time. The only reason he knew then was the gloves in the pockets were not as nice as the ones in his coat. LOL.

Respected Contributor

Hi ladies! We had a good time, now back at home. DD found some earrings for me to buy and I found a bag that I love but it was too much $. Thinking about it now that I am home with a coupon code. TWinny, too funny about the coat!! I like to use the oven a lot when it's cold out too. Love baked potatoes for just that reason.

Respected Contributor

Dang nab it....I just finished a long post, and when I went to copy it, it disappeared! {#emotions_dlg.mad}

It's definitely fall out there - only 60° out, and it's downright chilly in the house. I hate to see summer go! After the schoolwork is out of the way I guess I'd better give some thought to doing my clothes swap; I also have to cover the pool, get my grass cut one last time, and get the weeds taken care of.

For those who didn't see it on FB, I had the most wonderful surprise yesterday - I came home and who do you think was sitting on the front porch, waiting to be fed? My Figaro! He's one of my ferals whom I hadn't seen in months and assumed he was waiting for me in heaven. I was so happy to see him I cried...and gave him an entire can of Fancy Feast chicken all for himself! {#emotions_dlg.wub} He looks good and obviously hasn't been starving, but he needs to realize this is his home and he's my precious baby.

Jean, I was watching Criminal Minds on my Kindle last night, and saw a commercial for a new tablet that also functions as a laptop; it looked interesting, and I'll have to price it. I never did find that free book program on Amazon, although I found the warehouse deals. I had been contemplating a hand mixer from them (Oster, I think) that was $19.99, but since the KitchenAid was only $10 more I went with that.

I also can't stand cold feet, so I buy LL Bean's Wikkid (they won't let me spell it right) Good shearling slippers. They're cozy-warm in winter, but also cool in summer. At $79 they're not inexpensive, but a pair lasts me about 3 years, so in the long run they're cheaper than the Dearfoams I used to buy for $20 that last only a few months.

Yesterday I went to The European Market, as two cousins have a birthday this month and I wanted to get a special treat to put in their packages. That store used to be in downtown Chattanooga but has since moved twice; the current shop is less than 1/4 the size of the original, she's only open four days a week, and it sure isn't like it used to be. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} I chose some almond chocolate cake-like things, then when I went to pay for them saw something about 1-14 on the box. I asked the owner if that was the expiration date and she said she didn't read Russian, so rather than take a chance and be embarrassed for sending something stale, I looked for something else. I saw some other things that seemed to be out of date, and ended up settling for some English chocolate covered creams. What a disappointment that store has become! I won't be going back any time soon.

Afterwards we stopped at Dollar Tree - I think I now have enough stuff for my Operation Christmas Child boxes. I'm going to get them packed this week to see if there are any spaces that need filling, but I usually get more than enough and end up with more boxes than I had planned on. From there we went to EarthFare, as my Stevia sweetened soda is on sale, so I got enough for the month.

That was funny about the coat, twinny - I'm surprised the other guy didn't notice it.

Well, I guess I'd better stop procrastinating and get to work. One paper is supposed to be 12-20 pages, so I'll do that one today, in case I end up staying up 'till all hours to finish; the other is only 7-10 pages, so I can do that one tomorrow. Needless to say, apart from a walk in the neighborhood with the dogs I won't be going anywhere this weekend! I enjoy writing the papers themselves, but the Turabian formatting is a PITA - I no sooner pretty much mastered MLA and APA then I have to learn yet another. (sigh)

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I just had a great nap. DH did the 3:00 eye drops so that I could get some much needed sleep. I just got an email from our DS & he & his wife are heading to Austria. I knew they were leaving Thursday, but I thought it was next Thursday. Right now they are in Budapest & he said he took so any pictures that the camera died before he was done. He also said there are lots of Aldi's there. I am glad that they can do this type of thing together as they are both very busy with their jobs & need a nice break.

The sun just came out but it is still cold for this time of year. We will be hot tubbing after dinner so that will feel really great today.

RC, I am glad you & your DD ahd some fun shopping today.

FHG, Yes, it is disappointing to find a once loved store to not be any good now.

Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen--Congrats upon the earring find. Who knows? Perhaps a better bag awaits you at the right price!

Twinny--That was funny about DH's comimg home with someone else's coat simply because it was a very similar looking coat. Sorry that he lost a good pair of gloves in the accidental exchange.

Arlene--I think you will like the Kitchen Aid mixer. Do a search for Kindle First subscriptions or E-mail Subscriptions. If done by e-mail subscriptions, you should get a page that has a link to browse possible e-mail subscriptions. Go down the list until you find Kindle and then under it Kindle First. Check the box and subscribe. I got mine by email notice to sign up but I just found this by doing a search.

I think I am exhausted from the week's work. I went to bed to read and later Midnight joined me. I then went back to read and awakened to Midnight patting me on the face. This means I likely won't sleep much tonight.

Right now, I'm watching the Creede Sale encore with Mary Beth.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.