Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 10/18)

Arlene--"The Stand" is one of my favorite novels. I also have the mini-series based upon it on DVD. Rumor is that it will be made again for the movies. The DVD is an excellent rendition of the novel, and was highly rated when it aired years ago.

LindaR--It is so true that when an individual proves how well they can do something in a volunteer group, it seems true that those few are the ones that begin doing most of the work. Buying something instead of making it makes sense when one is very tired. Most people really don't care.

Linda--It is good that DH is feeling better. It is funny about blood work; it doesn't bother me a bit to watch them draw blood. I will say the individual this morning was excellent.

I started feeling better so I made the run to the closest Walmart in the city and loaded up, leaving $147 poorer but if I had bought it here it would have cost much, much more with less to select from. About $50 of that was for cat litter and 2 cartons of 24 cans each of Fancy Feast that Midnight likes. The 2 cartons cost me a total of $27 but would have cost me over $50 bought locally as it is just sold by the can. I also filled up on gas which was 30 cents cheaper on the gallon.

It was stated on the news last night that the average amount spent per person for Halloween was $75. Part of the Walmart purchase was a huge bag of over 200 pieces of good candy for $13. I like to be safe just in case someone stops by. We have a town party at which most of the treating takes place. The left over candy will be used the rest of the year for reward things with elementary and middle school students.

I'm watching IT Cosmetics now with no plans to buy. This has been a too expensive day as I also had to pick up several prescriptions to the tune of $50 total for my share. On the other hand, as bad as that is, it is better than paying almost $900 a month out of pocket for just the two heart meds.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

BTW, I got that beauty box from Walmart yesterday, and it was an excellent deal! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} The Olay Regenerist alone would have cost more than the $5 I paid. The only thing that's questionable is the lipstick, and that's because of the color - I think it would be more suitable for a woman with dark skin; I usually wear something that's peach toned, as I'm a spring. Still, I got more than my money's worth.

OK, I'm going to push myself off the couch and take the dogs out...then it'll be lunch, and I'll hit the closet...

Esteemed Contributor

Arlene--I agree that the WalMart Beauty Box is worth the $5. The deodorant that was in it costs far more than the $5 for the box of goodies. The shade of the lipstick worked for me but I'm not a Cover Girl lipstick fan. On the other hand, it lasts about as long as some of those name brand lipsticks pushed on QVC. My favorite is that Revlon long lasting lipstick that will still have some colon on my lips 12 hours after I put it on.

I just had my evening meal and took my Xarelto and while doing so, a commercial for one of those Xarelto lawsuit lawyers came on the TV. So far, I'm having no problems but the warnings that come with it alert you to signs you might need to contact the doctor before stopping it. I'm not interested in a five times increase risk in having a stroke with the A-Fib I have, so I'll take the Xarelto unless something develops.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Top ten items you are too old to wear....and when they should be retired:

http://www.lifescript.com/well-being/articles/t/top_10_items_youre_too_old_to_wear.aspx?utm_source=...

Esteemed Contributor

Lisa Mason just posted a picture of Gino in the hospital, along with this comment on Facebook:

He is the strongest man I know. Brain surgery followed by excruciating brain radiation. Now chemo. He is my rock, my one true love. He is my husband. If The Lord took us both tonight, we would have maxed out on love. We live a small, simple life by society's standards. But we are wealthy beyond belief in Faith, family and friends. Please continue to pray for my beloved as we start this next journey together. With sincere love and appreciation. Lisa.