Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURAY, APR 25)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Hope everyone is having a good day so far.  It is sunny and hot here -- currently 87 degrees and headed to the mid 90's.  I managed to take my walk earlier this morning, and that was a good idea. Just in case, I have my thermostat set to AC so if it gets really hot, it will cool the house.

As I may have mentioned, one of my neighbors turned 100 years old today, and the neighborhood had a parade for her -- mostly in cars, but some scooters, motorcycles, bicycles, etc.  I was in a long line of well-wishers, and some of the vehicles were all decked out with signs, balloons, etc.  I just managed to put a flower on my car.  My neighbor was sitting on a pretty fancy lawn chair in her front yard, and there were lots of balloons, etc. There were two or three people there who I assume are her children.  It was quite a long parade -- at least 30 minutes, and I was happy that there was such a good turnout.  Several of my nearby neighbors just stood or sat in their front yards (I live on the same street, very near her house), but I was happy to be able to honk my horn and call out Happy Birthday.

The parade was definitely the highlight of my day, but I have laundry started, changing linens, and getting things ready for my weekly financial review.

I did not sleep well at all last night -- kept waking up with knee pain, etc., but  I hope to do better tonight.

Seeing the TSV, I was wondering how your bench has held up, Bernie.  I think you purchased last year's version.  I really like the idea, but I don't think that it is practical here with our very intense sunlight.  I have had problems with other plastic lawn furniture -- the paint has come off (like a powder) in a relatively short time.  That doesn't stop me from being interested.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Stay safe and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURAY, APR 25)

Linda L, for some reason, I thought that your sil was on furlough.  It's good that he is saving $$ on gas &  tolls, which I always hated to pay whenever we went to the East Coast.  We don't have any around here that we can't avoid.  What a fun parade for your 100 year old neighbor.   It was nice that you could participate in it.  We bought two Bucky Badger lawn chairs last fall & look forward to being able to use them soon.  Even if it's only on our front porch!  

It's cloudy, but mild with promised sunshine tomorrow.  Then a couple of days of rain.  

Nothing exciting going on around here.  The hot tub is always nice.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. How wonderful your neighbor's birthday was recognized with a parade of well-wishers. I'm sure it brought her much joy as well as those who joined in the parade.

Glenda--The hot tub is always nice. I bought new deck chairs last year but rarely used them. I don't like the street traffic on the side street  plus the AC is more comfortable.

The hospitals may be opening up next week for elective surgeries. I have yet to see the orthopaedic surgeon to discuss the rotator cuff issue, so I assume once things open up, he will schedule me for an office appointment.

I went around the corner to the local Dollar Store to get somw Tylenol Arthritis as that is what is helping me deal with the pain at night so I can sleep. I picked up some needed cleaning supplies so if this dreary, rainy weather continues, I can get some things done inside.

I took a look at that Lug TSV. It is not "love out of the box," or thin plastic see through wrapper. I love red bags but this was a red that was leaning toward the orange side.  I know it wasn't an expensiv bag but I've seen bags in WalMart for the same price that looked more expensive. No company should ship something in a wrapping that is clear and the invoice should be secure inside and not coming out of the package.

I loved the Lug bags I had and had no reason to believe that this one was not up to their usual standards. It will be going back and any future Lug purchases will be given very serious consideration as they have taken themselves and the buying public for granted.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, that's too bad about your Lug bag being on the Orange side of red.  I had a pair of red high heels many years ago and loved them.  Now I have a pair of Bass clogs.  red/maroon/burgundy.  I don't wear them as much as I should, but I still like them.  I think that I will put them by the front door so I see them everytime I go outside.  They are great for my walks.

No rain today & it's supposed to be in the 60's tomorrow and sunny.  Hope they are right.

Esteemed Contributor

A hot tub sounds great right now, twinny.  It is very hot here this afternoon, and I would love to go swimming if the pool was open.

Sorry about the Lug bag, Jean.  It certainly looked cute on TV, but sometimes things look different when you receive them.  I had the problem of an orange/red bag one time, but it was a Kipling.  Sometimes the color is just not right.  

I can relate to preferring indoors with the AC to outdoors on lawn chairs.  There isn't too much of a noise problem here, but the hot sun can be something else.