Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SAT., OCT. 5)

Good morning, shopping friends, I was awakened to a cool low 40s which I tried to tolerate but finally gave up and turned on the heat to take the chill out of the house. It is becoming the time of year that it is difficult for me to get motivated to do anything.

I did watch all of AM Style, or let's say it was on as I was going through paperwork, etc. I remember only the Legacy tights and the Denim & Co. top which Leah was wearing. I guess it is safe to say nothing was attracting my attention.

I am dong well following the cardioversion, and will be going back to work 3 consecutive days next week. I could have worked Friday but I hadn't slept well the night before and I wasn't fond of the possible assignment.

I bought no "wants" during September. Time will tell if October will be the same. Right now, I'm just focusing upon health and the ever increasing  utility bills. I know I'll be buying something sooner or later but today's AM Style was not a temptation. I don't need a laptop as I"m using one I bought from the Q last year. It has been a great laptop with no problems.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SAT., OCT. 5)

Jean, we had the A/C on Tuesday and the little heater on last night for a few hours.  I am sleeping so much better with the cooler weather.  It's been a rainy week, but I took advantage of the dreary weather & got lots of things done around here.

One day I picked tomatoes & made a pot of chili with leftovers the next day. Then I spent the better part of a day going over my new Silverscript RX plan.   Might change for a different plan.

I  decluttered my closet & took a few things to St. Vincent's.  I am so ready to put my summer clothes away & start wearing my fall/winter clothes.

It's been a rainy week but it's supposed to be sunny starting tomorrow.

We are heading out soon for the chili fest two towns away.

Tomorrow we are going to one of my DH's nieces wedding in the Capitol City.  It would have been my mom & dad's 75th wedding anniversary.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad that your health situation is improving. It's always a bit less pressure when you can start back to your routine

Wow!!! You didn't purchase anything? That's benn my goal for two months but I haven't reached it. My purchases have been reduced by 80%  so I'm getting there I haven't purchased any clothing or shoes so that's great. I told myslef that nothing new in those catagories is being ordered until I get that closet room completed. I know I have some nice tops that I'm hoping still fit .I've gained some weight and am trying to lose some of it just so my clothes fit better. I'm not sure what is a realistic number at this age and with my heatlth and surgeries.

Fall is when I start to stock up on the shower items, candles and Christmas gifts. This year I reduced my orders by 50% . (at least)  I'm staying focused on our home improvement projects even with the cooler weather. We'll already lining up the projects for next year. It seems like the large items all wore out at the same time. We had a few snags with the gas company new meter system holding up our fence project and snag with the tree project . My dream is to have a project that doesn't have a snag. LOL

It turned cool here overnight so I'm glad we're thru the 90 degree heat. I'm sure it's going to make a return but at least with the cooler temps I can get so much more done. The allergy counts are low so I can get so much more accomplished.

I haven't seen too many Christmas shows that interest me so far. I even caught a few of Valerie's shows. Does it sem that they are reducing her number of shows? I haven't watched too much QVC in the last few months so maybe I'm missing everything.

Have a good weekend. I'm going to decorate for Halloween and haven't thought beyond that task.   

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--Good job on the decluttering and also making the transition to Fall clothing. Your mentioning chili reminded me that some chili would be good right now for lunch. 

Fressa--I didn't purchase any wants. Basically all my purchases were food-related for the cat and me, and toilet tissue and paper towels. You are to be congratulated on reducing your purchases by 80% It takes effort but small steps add up. I actually had considered going to the city today and buying groceries but couldn't get motivated in the chilly temps at that time.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   I'm glad that you are feeling pretty good since the cardioversion.  I was up early and watched AM Style too.  It's always good to see Leah on air.  I would say that my "want' for September was the Lug bag I ordered from QVC.  

I'm on the hunt again this year for nice suede lined winter gloves.  I looked high and low last year and couldn't find them.  I'm starting the hunt a little earlier this year.  QVC used to sell suede gloves by Lizden and they wore like iron.  I had that glove in so many colors it was ridiculous Woman Happy

I have the appointment for the new crown this coming week and with Christmas around the corner, now is the time for me to cool it on my wants and focus on gifts for other people.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Waving hello to @twinny70  and @Fressa 

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I remember those gloves by LIzden; they were great. I also need a new pair of gloves for Winter.

The  ECGs pre and post cardioversion have posted to the portal along with a write up on the procedure, anesthesia used, etc. Sometimes, I learn too much from this portal.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean. I am glad that you are feeling better.  Our chili fest was a "bust.". It was advertised in our local "Source" this came out in January.  We drove to this neighboring town and it was very quiet. We went into a few little shops and one of the sales ladies said "oh, they changed it to November 2nd.  Now it's going to be a Mexican event & Halloween parade.  What???

We went to our nearby cheese factory & bought baby Swiss & muenster.  Then I made grilled cheese sandwiches to go with the broccoli/red grape salad that I made yesterday.

It's raining again so maybe it's a good thing that the chili fest didn't happen.

fressa, good job at curbing your shopping, but it's too bad when all of the expensive things go out at the same time.  My washer will be 25 years old in December.  

Bird Mama, good luck with your crown appointment.  I bought a Lug crossover bag from our local hospital gift shop for 30% off several months ago and I love it. Every Saturday they have a 30% off on one thing.  Last week I bought a pair of earrings.  I wore them to church last Sunday with my jean skirt and new shirt.  Tomorrow I am going to wear them to our nieces wedding.

Tomorrow it's our firemen's annual pancake breakfast.  We will go from there to the wedding.  

It's supposed to be sunny and in the 60's tomorrow and most of next week.  Yeah!

I hope that Linda L is still enjoying her vacation.

Honored Contributor

If I don't talk you between now and then, lol, have a great time at the wedding @twinny70 

Esteemed Contributor

Hi again from Italy!  I am having a great time.  Today we took a ferry to an island about an hour away, and walked to a nice building (old  with art work, etc. on the walls).   Our tour guide arranged for us to have a piano recital by a professor at a conservatory (I think), and he was very good.  Played a bit of Mozart, Puccini, etc. plus a composition of his own.  Then, we went to the castle in the town where they were having a wedding, and we saw the beautiful bride and two flower girls.  As we were walking up to the tower, a group of guys in Medieval dress plus swords, etc. came by.  The leader of their group was very interested that a couple of our group were from Texas (he has a cousin there), and they put on a performance for us (mock battle), and took pictures, etc.  

I have sort of teamed up with a lady named Kathleen who lives in Washington State, and we enjoy chatting and shopping.  I have not bought anything but food and postcards, but she has bought some other things (not heavy).  One of the ladies bought herself a pair of red leather boots (short) in anticipation of her birthday later in the month. Several nice and fun people, and dinner was a riot -- lots of laughing.  Unfortunately, there are a couple of less that fun people, but I try to avoid them when possible.

Glad you are feeling better Jean.  As you know, I am not a fan of cool/cold weather, but at least your heat is working.

I don't really have much time to look at the Q or elsewhere, and I would not want to order anything while I am away, so I think I am safe so long as nothing here shouts my name.  

Congratulations to all of you who have been successful in cutting back your "want" shopping.  

It is bedtime here, so I'll sign off now.  Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda