Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SAT, MAY 8)

Greetings, shopping friiened. I've been watching AM Style. It is too early to speak about total shopping from the show but I did order the Spenco slides in sunset. 

I did go to the city to have lunch with a friend facing a cancer diagnosis.It won't be confirmed until a second test which the current doctor is booked up for a month. It is the same doctor who will be doing my bladder cancer checkup on the 19th. Bladder cancer reocurs easily so after removal, I've been faced with exploratory tests of bladder and kidneys once a year. Gets old but it is necessary.

I have  no idea what I will do today but it will register low on the effort meter as I tire easily.

Have a great day. if you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SAT, MAY 8)

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat   I'm watching AM Style and find myself tempted by a few things.  See this is what happens when I don't shop for a while.  I'm managing to control it for now.  

When my husband went for chemo he and the other patients in recliners started talking about their symptoms and overall experiences.  I remember the nurse lecturing them that every person's cancer experience was different and suggesting that they not compare experiences.  I was sitting on the floor next to my husband's chemo recliner (different story for a different time) and I looked up at her and said have you ever had cancer?  She said, well no.  I said, so like me, you have no real idea what each of these men and women are really going through or feeling, right?  She said well I suppose so.  I said there ya go.  Only they know, so let them talk amongst themselves.  And.... moving forward don't ever lecture my husband again Woman Very Happy

The one other wife who was there just smiled at me.

The reason I mention this little story is that I am glad that you were able to have lunch and provide moral support for a friend potentially facing a cancer diagnosis.  Yes, we don't know the particular type or stage of your friend's cancer however I'm sure your friend felt better having spent time with you.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@birdmamIa Bernie--Thank you for your input.Cancer comes iin so many different forms and severity/ Most who get it do not have close associates to discuss it with them, so a group gathering for infusions of the needed med for them is a natural place for it to take place. Most people around here have forgotten I had cancer.

Life goes on as permitted. I  even have a tendency to forget it except when it is time for the yearly checkup.and finding someone to take me as they put me out which means I can't drive. You do learn to make the most of each day, such as not likiing and buyng the camo version of the TSV.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's still raining yesterday and today. The temps are cool. I'm still hanging on to my plans to switch the planters and rugs on the front porch. I have a few flowers to plant and have not weeded for the season. To say that I'm running behind this week is an understatement. Honestly, some weeks I just don' know where all the time goes yet I'm still doing "stuf". LOL

I did go the the At Home store yesterday for the new front porch planters. I've been trying to get there for 2 weeks. I check on line first to get the section# so I don't have to walk the store to find whatever. I knew that I wanted a resin or recycled rubber column style. I'm done with wood or ceramic on the front porch. Of course, I was in my ususal "sticker shock" but was just grateful that I found 3 of the same regardless the $. The stock is still sparce but seems renewed. I had a gift card so the total was "cushioned" a bit. These have a warranty on them which eased my mind a bit. 

I did watch part of AM Style and was tempted by multiple items. I ordred the TSV in olive camo which is so different for me. I guess that's my wild item of the year. The price was right and since some of my sandals aren't fitting my foot without rubbing so hopefully these will accomodate that spot. 

Have a good afternooon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you were able to have lunch with your friend.  Waiting for test results and diagnosis is so difficult.   I hope your bladder cancer indicates no return of the cancer.  Also hope you enjoy the sandals.  That isn't a style that I can wear, but I am tempted by the TSV.  Keep telling myself that I have more than enough sandals.  So far, I have been able to restrain myself.  

I saw that the Lessman eye supplements are the special of the day on HSN.  Since I just opened up a bottle that should last a year, I am not ordering.  But, I am tempted.  

Hi Bernie.  Good luck with your shopping restraint.  While it is true that each person has different experiences with diseases, I think it would be helpful to exchange information.  My Caregivers group helped me a lot -- there are all sorts of dementia, I learned a lot about what might happen with DH's disease, and what I could do to help him and myself.  Some of my fellow Caregivers (like Bev) have become good friends.  Not the same as having the disease myself, but still helpful.

Glad you were able to get the front porch planters you wanted, Fressa.  Hope you enjoy the TSV sandals.

It was nice on my walk this morning (not too hot).  They are predicting a high of 89 degrees -- dry, sunny, and windy. 

Nothing exciting planned for today -- usual laundry and weekly financial review.  I am doing a little cooking as well.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte   I still have some of my current Lessman eye vitamins in the bottle.  He used to sell a 180 count and I would buy one and take an eye vitamin every other day.  I figured some Lutein and Zeaxanthin was better than none.  Now that the 360 count is not much more expensive than what I was paying for the 180, I ordered the TS and will take it every day.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I have been reading your posts, but it's been a hectic week around here.

On  Monday and Tuesday, I helped my dh do a few things in the garage.  We got a graduation invite from my niece in S. IL a week or so ago for their dd.  She is graduating with her assoc degree next week and then going to a Univ in the fall for two years.  The party is next Saturday at 1:00, so we are leaving here on Friday am & getting to a State Park campground on Friday night.  I have been making  curtains for the Subaru as the windows are a different size than our previous Subaru.  Then we will get to their place late Saturday morning.  We are so excited about going on a 4 day vacation, as our last vacation was 20 months ago.  It's going to be a small group of us outdoors  so we feel safe.  Hopefully this will be the beginning of a few more trips.

My brother and two of his ds's are driving down on Saturday and returning home on Sunday.  His other ds lives in Paducah (the meteorologist) & is getting there on Friday.  We haven't seen our niece and nephew's for almost two years.  I last saw my brother at the cemetery last October for a funeral.  His wife and dd have school things to do as their DD will be graduating & having a party in June.

On Wednesday, we were going to shampoo the carpeting, but it was too cool to open the windows, so we went to the Capitol City for the day.

I just got 2 very nice Mother's Day cards/gift cards from our 2 dc.  A card is plenty.  They are from our favorite restaurants.  Our dd bought a new house and moved into it last month.  She isn't fully vaccinated yet, but should be in a couple of weeks.  Our 16 year old dgd is excited to be driving & will be driving to school and back from there every other week until school is out June 8th.

My dh's Mom will be joining us for lunch tomorrow.  She is going to the baptismal of her new born  great granddaughter here in town.  The lunch afterwards is out of town and she doesn't want to go that far.  She is 95 years old and a delight to be with.  

It's cool with rain tonight and tomorrow morning.  Then sunny and nice all week.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like you have some wonderful plans, Glenda.  Hope your DD likes her new house, and you have fun with the gift cards.

Glad you will be taking the vitamins every day, Bernie.  I have been doing so for several years.  After much thought, I decided to order a small amount so that I will have enough for a full year.  I have almost enough, but not quite.  Hopefully, there will be another special next May.

Trusted Contributor

@KonaKat  Hi Jean, yes I will be keeping an eye out for returns and as-is availability on "our" top.  One of the things I love about that Graver top is that it's not too long.  I don't have to hem the dang thing!