Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (NOV. 22 THANKSGIVING!)

Good morning, shopping friends. This is a special day we set aside to give thanks for all we have....large or small. It is a festive time for many but for others, the emphasis on togetherness can make it a lonely time. Regardless of our situation, we must give thanks each and every day for all that we have just not on Thanksgiving Day along..

Right now, I'm enjoying a cup of coffee while watching Susan Graver. I really don't have any Black Friday plans. I went to one once just to see what it was like, but once was enough.

Have a great day in whatever manner you choose. If you shop, shop wisely. If you eat too much, then those expandable waistbands and anti-acids work. Smiley Happy

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (NOV. 22 THANKSGIVING!)

Jean. You are so right about counting our many blessings big or small.  I did my last BF sale 4 year's ago when my niece and her family were up here from S.  IL.  I went to Farm and Fleet and bought a Black and Decker coffee pot for 14.99.  It was 1/2 price and it is my go to. 

Our dgd has her band concert on December 6th, so I hope to do a little shopping at Home Goods on the way up. I am looking for a cute snowman that I can use in the middle of the dining room table.  I bought 4 of the cutest snowmen place mats.  They are on a toboggan & there are snowflakes all around them. I couldn't think what the fabric was yesterday, but it looks like a beautiful tapestry.   They were $1.00 at Dollar Tree.

I am watching SG & the Thanksgiving Day Parade.  I am glad to be home in the living room.  It is cloudy, but it should be sunny this afternoon.

I am wearing my new D. & Co. wine  colored stretch corduroy pants and a matching sweater from JCP.  My jacket is a DB faux leather in caramel and my tall boots are brown Bare Traps.  I am so ready for a nice Thanksgiving lunch.

Hugs to all of you.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning, ladies...wishing you a Happy, Healthy Thanksgiving!!

I am doing a few last minute preparations as we are hosting a small group...there is much to be thankful for, especially our special friendship this thread has given us, so enjoy whatever your plans are for the day!! 🍁🦃🍁

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy thanksgiving

to Jean @KonaKat and all that follow.

I decided last month that I was not traveling for TG dinner this year.  While I am grateful for the invitations that I received from my dear departed sister (after her husband died) and my eldest niece, I've not a traveling diner by nature.

My middle sister is coming over around 1pm and she's bringing a couple of dishes.  I baked an apple pie (thanks Sara Lee) early this morning, have made the deviled eggs and the 3 lb turkey breast is in the oven.  

I have to say, I haven't been this relaxed in years Woman Happy

I didn't make my Ma's stuffing - we're going with stovetop.  Other than that, it's the food my Ma made.  

I keep deleting the emails that are filling my inbox.  I've been doing well with the budget I established for myself and I don't want to blow it now.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--Your outfit sounds lovely and comfortable. Enjoy your Thanksgiving Dinner. Hopefully, you will find your snowman centerpiece when you go to visit.

Karen--It is so good to see you posting. Enjoy your Thanksgiving with friends. I agree with you about the thread's friendships.

Bernie--Enjoy your Thanksgiving at home with your sister. Like you, I had invitations but this year I just wanted to enjoy it at home by myself. Glad you are feeling relaxed. Your preps sound great!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving tonall. I am very blessed to have part of my family here. We are going to friends for dinner.

enjoy your day 🦃🦃🦃

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!  I am very thankful to have this thread, and all of my cyber friends, and those I have met in person.

Waves to Jean, Karen, twinny (nice outfit), Barbara, and all of our posters and readers.

I went to the gym in the morning, and then to the church lunch.  It was very nice -- plenty of food, including deviled eggs.  Funny thing, I never thought of deviled eggs as a Thanksgiving treat (more like a summertime staple), but we had many platters of deviled eggs.  My pecan pie was totally gone by the time I made it to the dessert table, and at least half of the pumpkin bars I brought had been taken.  I had another tray of pumpkin bars at home, and I will be hard pressed to eat all of them.  Unfortunately, the freezer is full.

We are having a gray day, but it is in the 60's, which is nice.  It wasn't cold on my walk this morning.  DD said it is very cold in Maryland, and the Macy's Day parade looked very cold.

DD also sent pictures via e-mail -- she looked very nice.  She has lost quite a bit of weight since June, and she is changing her hair color bit-by-bit (lighter.)  Since she had some helpers, she decided to put up her Christmas decorations, and they look nice.

DH's son called to wish me Happy Thanksgiving, which was nice.  I may do some Christmas decorations today, but I haven't decided yet.  Trying to resist all the ads, but I did order a pair of support knee high socks that were on sale with free shipping.  If they work, I may order some more to help with my varicose veins.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Karen, it is nice to see you posting again.  Enjoy your little group. Yes, these  boards are nice.  Sometimes my saving grace.  

Sydsgma, enjoy your family and dinner with friends.

Bird Mama, enjoy lunch with your sister.  Your food sounds good & I have a full tummy.  Linda L, it sounds like you had a busy morning . Your TG meal sounded good as did your dessert choices.

Our lunch out was very good and a special bonus was seeing two of my 2nd cousins.  I had lunch out with them  last week and at that time they didn't know what they were doing today.

It is a nice sunny day and we just got out of the hot tub.

Tomorrow I am going to Christkindlmarkt old world shopping market. They have it once a year in a beautiful historical Swiss building in our hometown.  Years ago Lawrence  Welk & Guy Lombardo played there.    It is nice to see what the talented Swiss artisans make.  Then I am having lunch out tomorrow with a couple of my former coworkers.  We are going to Culver's, so I can have a nice salad.  

DH  is sleeping off his lunch.  

Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.  DH had a stroke on Monday afternoon ( it is very scary to come home and find the police and ambulance outside your house).

We have the Consumer Celluar Phones - they have a emergency button on them and he pushed it.  They were talking to him, but he could not answer.  They pinged the phone and sent help to our address.  They were here for about 15 or so minutes before I got home.  

The stroke affected the speach area of the brain.  When he got to the emergency room they gave him the TPA shot - This is a wonderful thing.  The short story is he like his normal self.  They can not pinpoint where the clot came from right now - he has a couple more test to do tomorrow.  I don't think they will pin point where it is but I will be glad to get him home.

I am hoping he can come home this weekend.  We will see.

I am glad to hear everyone seems to be having a wonderful day, if you go Black Friday shopping - be safe and get some good deals - Oh by the way, I wear a size 7 ring and love hoop earrings.

Have a good night everyone.

Honored Contributor

Oh Susan @PAlady  I'm so sorry to read about your beloved's stroke.  I've never heard of the TPA shot however it sounds like a godsend.  I'm sending a hug your way and you and he are in my prayers.

Image result for hugging birds

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise