Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (NEW YEAR'S DAY, 2019)

Good morning, shopping friends. Welcome to 2019 which we all hope will be a good year for us. Negatives will happen but we have to focus upon the positives and not let the negatives overshadow us and our memories when December 31 arrives.

I slept in late this morning---6am. I am a morning person so if there is anything I am going to do it s best done in the morning.

I do have the Q on but am resisting any purchases so far today. I have been reading the decluttering threads in the Beauty and Home forums. I also am going through drawers and disposing of items it appears I have quit using or has been around too long.

I did perform my usual January 1 ritual. I went to MyFico.com and got my FICO scores and credit reports so that all would be on the same date. During the rest of the year, I get my FICO scores from my American Express and Bank of America cards for TransUnion and Experian. All is well for a great start to this year. I use CreditKarma to monitor my credit but ignore its scores as they are not FICO scores.

Have a great day and a great year. If you shop, shop wisely one day at a time!

New Year.gif

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (NEW YEAR'S DAY, 2019)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat

Happy New Year to you and all who follow.  

I started tracking my latest synthroid refill yesterday.  The RX was shipped from Eagle Pharmacy on 12-20-18 and according to UPS it was handed off to my local post office on 12-24-18.  It was one of those UPS Mail Innovations deals and right now I'm not finding it particulary innovative. 

Online, UPS states it can't track anything once the hand off occurs so I emailed USPS yesterday.  I didn't stay online late and was surprised to find an email response from them this morning that had been sent last night.

USPS states they were notified the RX was coming on 12-22-18 however they never received it.  Their advice was follow up with UPS or the sender and they will continue to investigate.

UPS has an automated bot that kept popping up as I was sending UPS an email.  The bot can't help me, I need someone to respond to USPS assertion that they did not receive my RX.

I'm hoping that between the two organizations someone can determine the location of my RX.

I'm not out of synthroid, yet.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Jean. Happy New Year to you and all that follow.  I had the Q on this morning, but nothing has "tripped my trigger."  Good job on keeping up with your FICO scores.  I am focusing on the positives this year & hoping for the best for all of us.

Bird Mama, it sounds like you have a RX mess up on your hands.  I had to renew one of my meds last week because I stopped the Auto Delivery and even though I still had 2 refills, I had to call my nurse.  CVS Pharmacy was spot on & I had the rx in 3 days.

We slept in until 8:00 this morning.  Even though it rained all day yesterday, we were able to get our friends and go out for a nice dinner.  They didn't have as much rain as we did & it turned to snow while we were still eating.  The meteorologist said "snow for two hours".  Ha. Ha.  We shoveled about 2" of snow off the driveway when we got back home.  My left shoulder is sore this morning.  

It was nice in the hot tub at midnight & we both enjoyed our peach wine cooler before going to bed.  It is finally starting to look more like winter.  We are supposed to have several days of 🌞🌞🌞.  I am still waiting for it.

Nothing exciting going on around here except rest and relaxation. My DH is enjoying Gunsmoke & Bonanza over and over again.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Sorry you are having issues with the mail delivery via UPS Innovations. I have a friend who works in the Post Office and she says that handling the UPS delivery is a pain. They sometimes put it in the computer that it was handed off to the Post Office before it is actually done. I've always been afraid to try mail delivery and my drugstore is very convenient and prices are competitive.

Twinny--I'm glad that you were able to go out for dinner. I do hope the muscle aches from shoveling the snow disappear soon.  I saw that Linda posted on FB that they actually had snow also. So far, it has avoided us which is rare for late December/early January.

I've spent the morning sorting and organizing. I am tired so it is time for the cat and me to retreat to the bed and the Kindle. I need a break!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  Funny you should mention that about UPS because that's basically what my post office person said in her email last night.  I'm inclined to believe the post office.  They generated an inquiry number, sent an email confirmation email that they received my inquiry and then responded in a matter of hours on NYE.

UPS on the other hand returned an online message that my email inquiry had been submitted.  No inquiry number generated and no confirmation email.

I'm on brand name synthroid.  Insurance covers generic unless I go through hoops to prove generic doesn't work.  Not willing to go backwards after 4 years.  The mail order pharmacy has the most reasonable price for brand name synthroid.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad your FICO scores are good.  I get up earlier in the spring/summer, but this time of the year my alarm is set for 6:00 a.m.  As you saw on FB, I was very surprised to find snow on the ground when I got up.  It was still dark outside, but I thought it was snow.  Yikes!  We had rain last night and it was cold, but I just did not expect snow.  It was so cloudy that I could not see the mountains, but now it is clearing a bit.  Lots of snow up there.  

I thought that would be the major surprise of the day, but then I received an e-mail from my SIL.  She has found a very nice man who loves her, and she is moving in with him (he lives in Delaware).  She plans to continue to work there for a few years (to build up her Social Security), and his house is close to a beach.  But, this is the furthest she has ever lived from "home"(three hours away in Maryland) plus in another State. I am happy for her and wish her the best.  She has certainly had a struggle since my brother passed in 2011.  Not to be greedy, but once she gets a job she plans to take over her car payments.  I have been paying for her car(s) ever since my brother died, so this will help my "bottom line" as they say.  

I went to the gym this morning, and it was crowded.  Of course, only a few "fitness centers" were open today with limited hours.  But, I have to guess that some came to help with their New Year's Resolutions.  There was steam coming off the outdoor heated pool, and there were even a couple of people going into the pool when I left -- brave souls.  LOL

The rest of my day should be very quiet.  Unlike twinny, I did not stay up until midnight, but I did see the ball drop in Times Square and make it to 11:00 p.m.

Very sorry about your prescription issue, Bernie.  I hope they straighten things out before you run out of your medicine.  I am still waiting for approval for my one prescription medication.  I know that it has been approved by the insurance company, but apparently there is some sort of issue between them and the doctor.  Frustrating.

Glad you had a nice evening and were able to stick with your plans, twinny.   Enjoy your relaxation time.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a good day and Happy New Year!

Hugs,

Linda 

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I am so happy for you and your SIL. I know that she appreciates all the help you have been to her. It is no surprise to me that you would take advantage of the fitness center today. I wonder how many of those new people will still be there on a regular basis when February comes. You are truly dedicated.