Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY)

Good morning, shopping friends. The most Spring-like thing being experienced today is the TSV; otherwise, it is still winter here. I was to work today but shortly after the alarm went off, the principal called and said the teacher for whom I was to sub had changed her mind and appointment so I wouldn't be needed. In all fairness, she did wait to see if anyone else would call in so I would be switched.

I do have some very pretty birds at the feeder. The ones with colorful markings are beginning to show up. They are still flocking in regardless of the weather.

The problem with this type of weather is that I get motivated to buy in hopes that some brightness will be experienced. I am resisting, however. I do like the TSV but it isn't an item I would wear as it isn't something I would look good in. If I went for floral, I would like it more subdued. One of my favorite outfits I ever had was a Bob Machie crop set which was in black with red roses on the shoulder of the jacket. I also have a Mackie silk jacket with yellow daisy accents but they are not overwhelming for me. With temps not being the best down south, I may hunt up that silk jacket for cool evenings.

I hope each of you has a great day. Remember, this day will not be repeated so it is up to each of us to find something positive in it. A sense of humor always helps.

This pretty much sums up spring so far ...

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.