Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY)

I posted last evening, so I don't know if any of you saw it. The benefit that we went to on Saturday afternoon was a tremendous success. It was held in the middle school gym here in town. It must have taken a village to put on something that fabulous together. I did get some nice things from the silent auction. There was also a real live auction with really nice things made especially for this occasion. "Dottie" the clown from here in town is great with kids. There were several live groups thing as well. The young family was just overwhelmed by the generosity from people they knew & lots of people they had met for the first time. They are so thankful for so many prayers in this huge struggle. Our little "Ella" gets her next chemo infusion today if her counts were o.k. yesterday.

Jean, We are sunny today & warm. We had a great weekend with 60's both days. It is supposed to rain tomorrow then be in the 60's for four days. Then I heard the hated "S" for Sunday night. I hope your appt. goes well today & you get a nice lunch out. I can't do mall walking, but I did drive to our downtown today & walked leisurely around the beautiful square. The court house is in the middle of it. There are lots of benches, so it made my life easier. Good you for no weight change.

RC, I had a onesie when we were first married. I loved it but my DH not so much. I hope your husband is enjoying his first day home from work. I also hope he can sell whatever it he wants to sell.

LL, You are like me that when I have a medical appt. out of town, that is all the excuse I need to shop somewhere & eat out. It is usually my reward for the pain that I went through at my appt. I don't know where there is a Trader Joe's around here. they do sound like fun though. Caffeine is always good for me too in the morning. it takes a lot to get my body fired up & ready to go. It rarely ever keeps me up at night either which is a good thing.

Kittyfan, I had sweats on most of last week as it was down right cold & very windy, This week is a blessing to us for the long cold winter that we had. I was hoping for a WI victory on Saturday night too. It was hard to take only a one point loss when the Badgers only missed one free throw out of the 18 that they made.

FHG, You must really have a closet full of nice things. After DH & I purged our home in Jan. & Feb. it is actually fun to clean up our messes & dust. Neither of us likes clutter, so that is even easier for us to try not to put more clutter into our lives right now. We don't have pets either, so that makes it easier for us at our age.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies, congrats to your DH Kathleen and the best to both of you, I know things will work out great. When we look at cars it is usually the same make but newer model,we have been driving the same make for years. Hope Jean and your DH LindaL Dr.s apts turn out well. We have 2 Trader Joe's near me but I never think of going..... Maybe I should give it a try,I know a lot of people love that store. Not a nice day today,chilly and damp,we are supposed to get a pile of rain later. Last Sat we had gone into Brooklyn for my GS 's 6 th birthday....he wanted to go bowling so we all did and afterwards went to dinner. It seems like yesterday he was a little 4 LB baby...6 weeks early and now has grown so big. not much going on, I am watching the home opener of the Yanks and tonight UCONN will be playing in the final 4(sorry Twinny your team didn't make it) Have a nice rest of the day everyone.......Marijane
Esteemed Contributor

livehealthy, we are in the 50's today after being in the 60's all weekend. I think spring finally sprung around here.

RC, Congrats to your husband on accepting his new job. Hopefully you will get some fun time together before your move takes place. I have been praying for you two for quite a while. God does answer our prayers even if they are not as soon as we would like. How far will your move take you? At least you don't have to move to another state.

It has been interesting for me to read about your moves and LL moves also. Many of you are so adventurous. I have never moved away from my hometown. My DH moved 10 miles away from his hometown when we got married & we have been here ever since. Our children have been more adventurous especially our DS as he moved to the Boston area 17 years ago & loves it as does his dear wife.

Esteemed Contributor

Genny, My DH is watching the Yankees right now. I do hope you team wins in the final 4 game. My DH & I were a bit disappointed that the Badgers only lost by one point. I felt so bad for that fellow that missed the first free throw all night.

Frequent Contributor

Twinny, so glad the benefit went well. How tough it must be to have a child dealing with cancer. We live in the mountains in Colorado, so our weather will be up and down for the next couple months. We often get snow in May, even towards the end of May, so several days in the 60s doesn't mean much. LOL. Also, those are just the highs. The mornings are still brrrrrrr. In fact, we never turn our heat off, even in the summer. We figure if it gets cold enough for our heat to come on, then it's good to have it on! We do keep our house at 65-68 during the day and 60 at night.

We usually go to a warm place for our vacation in May, but this year we're doing an Alaskan cruise with our TN friends. Has anyone ever been to Alaska in May? I know we're going to have fun, but there's a part of me that really wishes we were heading south, instead of north!

Esteemed Contributor

LiveHealthy, DH & I love CO. We were there last June with some very good friends. The weather was fabulous. It had been over 20 years since our last visit there. My BIL & SIL went to AK last year in May. They had a good time but it was quite cold. I remember seeing them with winter coats on etc. DH & I went to AK in July/August about 3 years ago. The weather was really nice & I only had to wear a jacket one time. We also went to AK about 17 years ago the same time of year & it never got out of the 50's. We were in winter coats the entire time we were on the ship & also on land. I know layering is the way to go.

Frequent Contributor

Is it warm on the boat when you're not outside?

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it was warm inside the boat. The first time we went when it was so cold., we had no outside cabin time at all. Three years ago, we did get to go out on the deck quite a few times though.

Esteemed Contributor

Does this mean you will be moving Kathleen? I looked at the map and Arlington doesn't look that close to where you are living now. But, I know Texas is a very big State. I'm sure it will work out for you, as will the truck purchase, but my head would be swirling for sure.

Hope you enjoy your cruise Sonya. My boss took an Alaskan cruise and loved it, but it wasn't in May. He didn't think he would like it since he was a warm weather lover, but it wasn't too bad. Don't envy your snow -- even if it doesn't stick.

That benefit sounds very nice twinny. Hope the little girl recovers completely.

As usual, I went ape at Trader Joe's, but I didn't buy anything that I was unsure about except for an orchid (plant). My gift orchid (from a few years ago) has all the appearances of being dead, so I decided to buy a new one.

DH will need to go back for a colonoscopy on Friday. I was surprised it could be done so quickly, but I think it is good to get it done so he can move on. And, Friday works for both of us (no schedule conflicts). He is probably okay, but it is good to have the test done to make sure.

Sorry you couldn't find your night clothes Arlene. I found a sun protection T-shirt at COSTCO at a good price, so I went ahead and bought it. I have been wanting one for our very hot and sunny summers, and the price was far less than other places.

Sleep well everyone!