Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 5)

Good Afternoon!  Hope everyone is having a nice Labor Day.  It is hot here with a high of 100 degrees predicted.  

I have been preoccupied with a fly invasion in my house.  Let me just say that a fly swatter does not work on its own.  But, if I spray the flies, I can usually finish them off with the swatter.  I usually have a lot of small flies (like fruit fly size), which the DynaTrap plug-ins have helped a lot.  But, the larger flies have not been a problem until recently, and don't seem to be as attracted to the DynaTrap.  Not fun.  

While they are far from a need, I ordered the TSV jeans in black.  I really like Kim's jeans -- fit me well and look nice.  And, when they are on sale, they always seem to be out of my size.  Hope these work out for me. 

I saw that Jean is on her way to the medical facility in Ohio.  She has more testing tomorrow and the procedure on Wednesday.  Pray that all goes well for her.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Please post if you have a chance, and have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 5)

@LindaLatte  We are getting a sporadically rainy day here south of Charlotte NC. I find it very relaxing.  Managed to get the grocery shopping done prior to the first rain shower. 

We have occasional invasions of flys and they make me crazy.  I found that it's impossible for me to kill them with a swatter when I hold it at the end.  I have much better luck aim when I hold it in the middle. 

Respected Contributor

Greetings.

Linda, I have you beat for heat..110 right now.  I look at fall clothes and laugh.I debated the TSV and still,am. I continue to lose weight so am now debating which size to get. Lol. I have a couple of pAirs of capris in 14 but I may go down to a 12

i decided to spend a little $ and get some fall decor to perk my self up.I want to replace the blinds we have with planatation shutters, one room at a time . I need to talk my handyman about that.

@cindyNC  I have very few flies here in the valley of the sun.  Mydgd has been looking at The Unc for college.

I am hoping to get some relief for my back next week.

Stay cool 🥰

Honored Contributor

Of course I will pray that Jean's procedure has a favorable outcome Linda @LindaLatte   I had a weird experience one fall with flies.  I guess they were regular run of the mill house flies.  It was the strangest thing to find like 4 flies on the inside of the master bedroom window.  About 30 minutes later there were some in the spare bedroom and then more in the office.  I thought about the movie Amityville Horror and thought Lord don't tell me I need to find a priest, where in the heck are these flies coming from all of a sudden.

There is a yew shrub on that sound of the house that grew the traditional little red berries and for whatever reason that shrub was swarmed with flies that year.  As much as I believe all living things serve some purpose I was so freaked out that I took a can of Raid house and garden and emptied it on the shrub.  I killed the flies in the house and that was the end of it.  Knock wood ....it's never happened again.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I love fall decor Barbara @sydsgma1 and marking the change in seasons even on a small scale is such a pick me up.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---Thanks for the update on Jean. I will keep her in my prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, my prayers will be going out to Jean.  Thank goodness no flies here.  In a few weeks we will have stink bugs because the farmers will be harvesting soy beans.  They are nasty things.

Cindy NC, thanks for the fly swatter idea.  Never thought of using it in the middle of it🤔.

Bird Mama, I use spray if I think it's necessary.  Faster and better results.  

Sydsgma1, your temps are brutal.  I stay in the house as soon as I see 70's on the outside thermometer.  We are having very nice weather and might get a few days of showers which we can use.  I love Fall decorating and started doing a bit of it last week when we had company coming.  I will be adding a few more things since on Thursday as we have more company coming on Friday.  Next week, I will do some more as my niece and gn will be coming up & she loves to do a lot of decorating.  I put out just a few Halloween things and remove them to put out Turkey's & pilgrims.  

I got up early and did my PT exercises.  I need to do my 2nd set before supper which is meatloaf and beets that I got at the Farmers Market on Saturday.  The huge cantaloupe that we bought on Saturday and cut on Sunday was 1/2 rotten.  I will tell them when I go to the farmers market on Saturday.

My last PT session is tomorrow.  Then I am hoping I can do them at home and our gym is willing to help me out.

My MIL will be 97 years old tomorrow, so we be going to see her after I get done with PT.  She has a good memory, is an avid reader, still knits beautiful baby hats, sweaters and booties for missionaries and her local church, but it's harder for her to get outside.  She uses a rollator and it is a help inside and outside.  My dh & his 4 younger brothers are lucky as she isn't at the stubborn stage yet.  

It was nice when I did my walk this morning.  66° when I started & 68° when I was mopeding back home.  The gym was cold this afternoon.  63°.

My dh is sleeping.  It's that time of the day.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda