Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Another hot and dry day here in southern Arizona with a high of 95 degrees predicted.  Even hotter weather is predicted for later in the week.  Thank goodness it cools down at night these days.  

I saw on Facebook that Jean is substituting today.  I hope that goes well.  Also hope Glenda's infusion goes well.

Today I have two OLLI classes -- one is the American Revolution class and the other is a one session class on dessert gardening.  I hope to do my "strong bones" workout as well.

DD said that it is quite cool in the mornings in Maryland, and really cool in New Hampshire where my oldest DGS and his wife live now.  They had a problem with the heat in their new apartment, which hopefully can be repaired soon.

I did end up ordering something during free shipping day here -- an indoor/outdoor mat that has been on my wishlist for a while.  It was on waitlist, so I'm not sure if I will actually receive it, but I hope so.  I need a new one for the side door which is the door I use most often since it goes to the carport.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21)

It's chilly here too Linda @LindaLatte   I waited for the temps to get above 60 degrees so I wouldn't freeze when I mowed the grass today.  So far I did the front and am dreading the back, just a little, since the walnut tree dropped lots of nuts since the last time I gathered them.  All the bending and stooping gets my lower back going.

I used more of my JCP gift card today (I have $2 left).

Necklace on clearance

Mixit Beaded 18 Inch Pendant

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I think with yoiur wonderful temperatures that sometimes are a little too hot that you might miss my 38 degrees this morning. I do hope you get your indoor/outdoor mat for use in the area near the carport.

Bernie--You have great fashion sense and have done a great job picking out items for best use of the JCP card. I do hope you were able to get the lawns mowed.

As Linda said, I subbed today. I had some concerns about how safe it would be but I was really impressed with all the planning and supplies that went into making the school as safe as possible. It was evident that the students were happy to be back after six months of being out. Yes, some are choosing to stay at home and do it by the virtual route but some of those have decided it was not the best method for them and notified the school last week of their intent to return as an in-school student. I really enjoyed the day and felt less tired at the end of the day than when I went. It energized me, I guess, to be back with the students.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.