Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, SEPT. 9)

Good morning, shopping friends. I was up bright and early thanks to a cat who was demanding attention and food. I did go back to bed round 9am for a little nap. I don't have much energy right now to tackle any major task.

I see the cardiology practice on Thursday, so this will be a long week waiting for the appointment. I keep waiting for bills to show up as the joke is that this outfiti has the bills in your mailbox before you get home.

The Clarks TSV arrived and fit perfectly so they will be kept. I was prepared for them to have a problem as boots are hard to fit for me.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, SEPT. 9)

@KonaKat   Good morning, Jean!  I'm getting ready to go to the gym for my lunch break, but thought I'd drop by first!

My cat has a habit of doing that to me on the weekends because he thinks I should be up early for work.  Well, when you go to bed at 1 or 2am, you don't want to get up at 5:30am!  If it's not that, then he gets me up at 3:30am coughing up a furball on the carpet.  This usually happens on Saturday night (I guess he was getting extra clean for his Saturday night date).  I think the darker mornings have changed him a little though; both Saturday and Sunday mornings when I woke up he was just laying there on the other side of the bed!

I hope you are feeling better these days, and that the trip to your cardio goes well!

Laura

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry Midnight got you up early, but glad you were able to take a nap.  I know you want to get back to normal, but please give yourself time.  I know waiting for the cardiology appointment won't be fun.  Great news about the boots.

Hi Laura -- sounds like your cat is a bit demanding at times, but I'm sure it is worth having a nice companion.

I'm back from Strong Bones class, which I ended up leading.  Wish I had taken my "cheat sheet", but I think we did okay.  One of our regulars is back from a few months in Greece (she has family there and goes every year).  She had a good time, but the flights were long, etc. Strangely enough, she suddenly developed varicose veins.  She is speculating that the long time sitting on the plane caused them.

This afternoon I have my grief group, and I hope to visit with my friend Jo Ann after the meeting (assuming she is coming to the meeting.)

It is cooler here today, but still expected to reach 90 degrees.

Waves to all of our posters and readers. Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda 

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   I'm so glad that the Clarks TSV boots met your expectations Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Laura--Anyone who has a cat knows who is in charge...and it isn't the owner. It is easier to get up and serve the master than to resist and prolong the time spent awake. Midnight usually has a 2 to 3 am wake up, at which time I go to the bathroom and give him a snack and go back to bed. He is so used to me getting up early for work that his alarm clock also works for that,

Linda--I doubt that you needed a "cheat sheet" for the strong bones class. You are likely a very good leader and they are fortunate to have you. I am by nature a Type A person so I want things to happen quickly, so I really have to recognize that and be patient.

I got the Charge III FitBit that was the TSV. It is currently downloading an update. It is replacing the Alta HR I really liked but was injured in the accident. I used it more to track my heart rate and sleep more than steps, so let's hope this one works as well.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

@LindaLatte   Wow, you say it's cooler there today (at 90 degrees)?  Whew!  It is cooler here, and actually has been in the low 70's for at least a week.  I actually get cold when it goes below 80, but Tues through Fri this week, it's supposed to be upper 80's - 90 again.  My body is so confused with these up and down temperatures.  My rambunctious cat, Al, will be elated when I open the windows again.  He likes to sit in the window and watch the birds, which will give him less energy for chasing me!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Laura @2blonde  I know for a fact that my birds waking and sleeping patterns are controlled by the amount of daylight.  I have a morning bonding routine with Presto that involves giving her breakfast (even though she has access to food).  I used to get up pretty early for work and when we had more daylight it was easier for the routine.  When we had less daylight I would come upstairs and say good morning Presto and she would look at me like are you kidding?

Honored Contributor

I'm glad it's cooling down (Arizona style) for you Linda @LindaLatte 

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama   Yes, I think that's why Al didn't get me up at 5:30am on Saturday and Sunday like he usually does.  Last weekend was very fall-like here, with cloudy and darkish mornings.  I didn't even open my eyes until 8:15am on Saturday, which is at least an hour later than usual, and Al was just laying there looking at me as if to say, "Is it time to get up?"

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a new handbag from the Q yesterday while there was free shipping.  It was not an impulse buy because I'd been looking online for a couple of weeks for a lighweigh bag I could wear crossbody.  I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg for a bag that wouldn't get much action and happened to stumble across a new Lug bag.

It's called the Adagio and I selected the tropical fog colorway.  I've watched two different videos for the bag and checked out the color on 2 computers.  I hope it's darker than what is shown on Lug's website.

I'm sure those are supposed to be tropical fronds in the design.  When I saw the quilted side you know me, I saw feathers Woman Very Happy