Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, SEPT. 7)

[ Edited ]

Greetings, shopping friends. I hope you are enjoying your Labor Day in whatever fashion you prefer. I heard on TV at 5am that BBQs are way down in the area. I guess many have decided if friends cannot be involved then there is no point. 

We are having an outbreak in our state after a certain large university noted for its partying as well as its academics had a huge outbreak and some of them took it back to their communities before they realized they had the virus.One major hospital system has re-instituted the "no visitors" rule in response to the surge.

I was sick yesterday, the worst I have felt in months. I had breakfast with my coffee, but couldn't finish either. I went back to bed and slept most of the day. I never sleep in the day unless I am sick. I did take my temp several times and it was normal. I am beginning to wonder if I had a reaction to the flu shot, as I rarely do but there is always a first time.

Needless to say, I didn't shop yesterday but today, I am back to exercising and decluttering. That in itself is a great incentive not to spend when you see what is leaving the house. I did get an email that the Dennis Basso Faux Leather coat I requested to be changed to black has shipped. A381925 I  requested the color change as my Basso coat in black is 3 years old and the one I have in wine is not as old, nor is it as stylish as the one coming one to me. Of course this one is more expensive as I got the others on clearance.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. If you venture out, do so safely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, SEPT. 7)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  So sorry you were sick yesterday.  Last year, I was sick several days (like laying in bed all day) after having the combined flu and Shingles vaccine.  When I went back to the pharmacy and reported my reaction, they told me that it was probably the flu shot rather than the Shingles shot.  Anyway, I had the second Shingles shot in a month or two, and I was sick again, but only for a day or so.

I have to admit that I am worried about getting the flu shot this year.  Barbara (who sometimes posts here and on another thread) said that she got the regular (non-senior flu shot), and had no problems.  She had a reaction to the senior shot in the past.  I am seriously considering asking for the non-senior shot because being sick is no fun.

This is supposed to be our last "excessive heat warning" day with a high of 102 degrees predicted -- that is lower than yesterday and the previous few days, but still hot.  I prefer hot to cold, but I am looking forward to the predicted cooler temperatures later this week.

I suddenly decided it is time to go through my pants -- I have way more than enough.  Hopefully, I will have quite a few ready for donation whenever donation is possible.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. The TSV shredder looks nice, and it would be an upgrade from the one that I have.  But, I will not be purchasing it.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

We are expecting rain today and warm temps. The weekly forecast is a mix but mostly hot. I do think Fall has arrived because it is my worse season for allergies.

I haven't gone for my flu shot .....yet. I read an article that advised if you were in the "upper age" category to wait until mid September to October. I always have a reaction to it on top of my regular issues. I'm going to get it as soon as I feel up to it. KomKat--maybe you did have a reaction to the shot. That same article said that the doseage was different. You can't believe everything you read but I'd rather err on the side of caution.

I did something to my ankle because it started to swell on Friday night. I even took the hubby to help me with the grocery shopping. He twisted his ankle with the mowing on the back hill on Saturday. We just pass the Joint Formula 88 cream back and forth to each other. 

Next weekend I will tackle the side gardens and maybe the step path to clean up the marble chips. It will be diversion with all the decluttering and organizing. 

KomKat--I'm amazed with your DIY skills. Good for you. I told my hubby about the pipe extension for the gas. I'm not sure what I'll get into once I purchase a new range. Great job on your project and sharing the pictures. They were most appreciated.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Hello my shopping friends Woman Happy  It took me 8 days however I have a working cooktop.  If you're interested I updated the journey in the Back Fence thread for September in the Among Friends forum.

All I can say about the experience is I'm glad it's over Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

My sister is working on some home improvement stuff in her kitchen and she's supposed to come over today for Labor Day.  Neither one of us slept well and she was up and at it at 6 am.  I didn't get up and at it until 7:15 am.  When I saw up and at it, I am not kidding.  I opened my eyes at 7:15, tossed on my scooby doo baseball cap and a cute denim & co jacket and was in Home Depot at 7:20 am getting the double flare union I needed to complete my job.

When she gets here I have a feeling that once I start the food, we're both going to be beached on the sofa.  I cannot believe how sore I am.  The cooktop is not that heavy, maybe 35 pounds? and I picked up that thing so many times when I was testing the fitting of the cut out and working on the piping that I wanted to scream.

If I never remove the pots/pans/shelves and silverware drawer again - it will be too soon.

Maybe I'm getting too old for this, I don't know.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--My pharmacy didn't ask what I wanted but told me it was the high dose for seniors. According to the information on the pharmacy's website,

the high dose contains 4 times the antigens in the regular flu shot and is supposed to give seniors better protection. Some people may develop body aches and pain or more of the side effects of the regular flu shot. 

Fressa--Sorry that your ankle was hurt as well as DH's. A sign of caring is the sharing of Joint Formula 88. I used to use it but haven't seen it presented lately. You must have a schedule to make sure that your various activities are completed.

Bernie--Congrats upon your working cooktop. I imagine those 8 days were long at times. I remember in my younger days, I got an "easy to sew" pattern to make a long dress. Let's just say I was not meant to use that pattern. I finished it but hated the dress. There is a reason some of us like to buy off the racks.

I got in my 60 minutes of exercise, decluttered some and then did an hour of  yard work. I am now getting ready to read.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations, Bernie!  Good time to take it easy.