Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, SEPT. 30)

Good morning, shopping friends. As we prepare to say good-bye to another month, we are preparing locally for the possibility of breaking four weather records. If I had a choice between the Montana snow and our sizzling temps, I would take the record temps. It is unfortunate that the temps are also carrying with them a potential record dry spell.

I was preparing to go to the city when I decided to check my email. Lo and behold, I had an auto delivery of a Peter Thomas Roth great combo ready to ship.. I quickly cancelled that shipment as I was still using the last shipment part of which wasn't used while I was in the hospital and part because once I got home, I got out of the habit of using it frequently. Money saved!!

Have a great day, and if you shop, shop wisely one day at a time!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, SEPT. 30)

Hi Jean @KonaKat It's been kind of cool and rainy here.  We started the morning around 58 (at least when I got up around 6 am).  It's expected to hit 80 or 81 today and then 87 tomorrow and 74 the next day Woman Surprised  It's kind of hard to plan some outdoor chores that involve caulk and paint when the temps are on this rollercoaster and there's a chance of rain on most days.

I can't stress about it as there are many who have it worse.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Glad you caught that extra auto delivery and was able to save a few$$. I am trying to be aware of what I have on auto delivery and edit the deliveries. I find that you don't seem to have as much lead time to skip a shipment as in prior years. Good to know. I'm trying not to have such a supply of bath scrubs/oils and body creams under my skin. Of course, I'll be kicking myself if I'm on empty and there is nothing in inventory.LOL It does take me a long time before I find a product that works for me with all of my allergies and scensitivies. I think that's what had me nervous about skipping a shipment. Now that I have ample supply I think I'm in a good spot to test how long it does take to use up what I have until I reach the last jar of both the scrubs and creams.

We had a couple of big projects lined up this weekend---bath the dogs (GSD's) and pressure wash the siding. We know how to have a good time at our house. LOL Now, I have to clean our windows again after the siding shower but it's so close to the holidays that this might be it for the year. Crossing my fingers on that one. I mentioned that I have a larger, older home wth large windows and lots of them. It usually takes me about 3-4 days to get them all cleaned. I did have a servic for the outside but they went out of business. BOO HOO!! I always did the inside because I always have GSD and they do not like strangers. I usually purchased the Armstrong siding cleaner for this project but we ran out. I pulled my Bio Cleaner concentrate from the cleaning closet and it worked just as well. So much cheaper than the Vinly cleaner.

We are to starat a week of rain with flood warnings and hot temps. I'm never thrilled about that forecast. This is the time that I remember that we want to install a generator for the house and forgot....again. I'm going to have to make a list for these $$ home improvement items. They always are double of what I would like to budget.

I didn't cave with the Luminar TSV but probably would have if the grey color was lighter. I switched the flameless candles that I have between rooms in an effort to have some to put in the family room fireplace. It's a working fireplace so I'm not sure if I need to worry about soot or dust on the candles in the off season. This will be my experiment. I am tempted to buy a couple of additional candles that are on clearance to get the look I want in the fireplace but am still thinking about that idea.

Hope everyone has a good day. 

Honored Contributor

Hi @Fressa I'm trying to avoid looking at any new Candle Impressions offerings here because I have a weakness for those Woman Happy  As it is, my house looks like a Catholic church and I really don't need any more candles.  That reminds me, the next time I head over to home depot I need one of those ginormous packages of AA batteries.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Jean,  its in the 80's & rain for tomorrow and Wednesday.   I would rather have snow.  just not a foot at one time.  Good job at canceling the PTR order.

Bird Mama, our temps are all over the place this week.   No complaints as long as we don't get 90° again.

fressa, It looks like you have a few fall projects to get done.  We have windows & siding to clean soon too.

I went to the Bargain Spot this morning and saw DB coral water resistant jacket for $29.99 & it's listed on QVC for $84.74.  #A-349317.  I might have to go back tomorrow and get it.  They have the SG quilted puffer coat A-300454 for $49.99 & it's on sale on the Q for $52.56 plus shpng.

My dad would have been 98 years old today.  He passed away at 70 & looked so young.  I often wonder what he would have looked like in his 90's.  My mom passed away at 95 & she aged beautifully.  The DB coat would be to me by me.  Lol.

The good news here is that Emily is going to homecoming with a group of friends in a new dress, Drew is taking his gf to homecoming & our dd has a paying job at the tae kwon do facility 2 nights a week that will pay enough to cover all of their tkd classes.  She is excited to say the least.

Supper is chili using the tomatoes that I picked this morning.

I spent most of the morning going over my 2020 drug plan booklet.  I might change to a different plan.  It all depends on how much I have to pay for Xarelto and Uloric.  Ugh!

Hugs to all of you.