Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, OCT.4))

Hi Everyone!

It's raining with storms predicted for four days. UGH!!!! I have my fingers crossed for zero wind and lightning. 

Monday is my laundry day. Today has been a disaster. The laundry room flooded because the washer drain cap came loose. UGH!!!! Water was pouring everywhere. (in the underneath storage drawers, on the rugs on the floor, in the laundry baskets.  Idon't know how that cap came loose but it did. 

So...then I garbbed the wet/dry vac from the work room. Half way thru trying to suck up the water the wet/dry vac had water coming out of the top of it. Who knew that it was half full of dust from some hubby project. UGH!!!! What a dirty,wet mess. My only thought was that I really needed that extra cup of coffee. LOL Honestly, some days......

The odd thing was that Thor was alerting me  to "something" being wrong and I  couldn't figure out what it was.  Poor dog.. 

I tackled the weeding in the front gardens on Saturday. I have the two sides to handle and then it's done for the season. Of course, I have my allergic rash reactions and some bruises from leaning on the fences, etc. It was just too hot to wear the long gloves. My knees were really aching yesterday even though I did use the garden stool. I did manage to put a few more fall items on the front porch. I have to rummage around in the storage room to find the pumpkins and guords. Our neighbors are already decorated for Halloween . I'm not sure if I'm just sticking with a Fall theme or if I'm going with Halloween. Too many projects going on at the same time so something neefs dropped from the list.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, OCT.4))

Since I'm not sure how folks get to the community (via specific shortcut or what) I'd like to bring to your attention that QVC is ending the Blogs and Forms aka Community effective November 2, 2021.

"Connecting with our QVC community is everything to us—so we created a new destination for superfans (like you!) to keep the convo going & stay in the know on all things Q. Join our We #loveQVC Facebook group to find inspiration, get recommends & interact with your fellow shopping fam, hosts, and guests. So much fun awaits & we hope to see you there!"

End of an era, for sure.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Bernie, Fresca, jean , Twinny and others. With the boards closing down, I would like to be friends on FB if you use it. I already am with Jean and I wouod be willing to share my name briefly here tonrequest me as a friend. I am also friends with Linda.

I am so sad because this forum and reformed shopaholic s have been so uplifting for me and others.

I will no longer purchase from QVC...

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  So sorry for your issues today.  Sounds like quite a mess.  Also sorry for your post-weeding issues.  Please don't push yourself about decorating, etc.  I keep forgetting to tell you that your Dyna trap advice was good.  Mine has caught lots of little bugs, and I even changed the "glue paper" already, and placed an order for another one.

That is terrible news, Bernie.  First Sparkpeople and now this site.  Like Barbara, I am on Facebook.  I'd be happy to accept your friend requests.  However, I know many people don't want to join Facebook.  I had tried the Q site that they are pushing, but it was boring and annoying at best.  So, I got out of it.

Some other posters who are on Facebook are Claudia, Marijane, and Kathleen.  More that I can't remember.  I think Facebook isn't working today or at least not for me.  

Anyway, I have cut back on ordering here, and this will probably mean even more cutbacks.  Probably a good thing for my wallet and overfilled closets, etc., but.....

The roofers were supposed to start today, so I cut my walk a little short.  Then, I had two OLLI Zoom classes, and received an e-mail saying the roofers would start tomorrow instead.  Then, I had a call from hospice asking if I would pick up groceries for one of the clients, and we set that up for tomorrow. 

Meanwhile, middle DGS's girlfriend's (they live together) estranged Father died suddenly yesterday.  Very long story, but she is the sole heir, but the executor is her grandmother who has dementia and is in a nursing home.  The Father didn't have much money/many assets, so things will be complicated.  And, her Aunt has arranged for a funeral this Wednesday.  What a whirlwind.  Her Mother died a few years back, and this is a big burden for her.

My friend Bev said that her radiation treatments are causing more and more fatigue, so she is resting as much as she can.  Meanwhile, she is having injections into her eye for macular degeneration, and the numbing drops are not working.  So, the injections are painful. 

I have a Walmart pick-up of my own soon.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda 

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for the news about QVC closing the forums. I will try to find all of you on Facebook.What a shame that they (QVC) do not want to read reviews or comments or suggestions. Oh well, money spends everywhere. 

Esteemed Contributor

I will read all of your posts from the past few days tonight.

We are back home safe and sound & had a nice time.

That's a "bummer" about losing the forums.

Bird Mama, I have never been on Facebook, so I will see if I am smart enough to figure it out.

Sydsgma, Fressa, Jean, etc. I would like to "like you" on Facebook too.

We got back home safe and sound after lunch.  It was a fun trip & it's a miracle that we found Moonshine because of road construction.  We went down a "closed road" only to see a car backing out.  She said that she had gotten thru all week until Friday. She said "follow me" & said she was going to Moonshine as was the car behind us.  It was worth the extra miles.

We had rain off and on most of the way back home.  We stopped at Menard's and I bought a couple of small green tinsel Christmas trees & a green glitter Christmas tree to hang up on the wall going down to the basement.  It's a dangerous place to hang up something, so it has to be light weight.

Last week, I thought that I bought 3 pkgs of pumpkin spice bagels only to realize on Thursday that I had 1 pkg of pumpkin and 2 pkgs of harvest bagels, so we just went to Aldi's & got the pumpkin ones.  Then we stopped at Wal-Mart and bought a box of hazelnut coffee tubes & 2 SF pumpkin pies. They are hard to find.  

I was tired last night and told my dh that I was going to bed.  Then I said " is it 7:05 & he said YES!  I got up at 6:50 this morning.

It's fun to see my niece and her family. They do a lot of fun things.  Shopping is high on their list. Do you want to hear more about it?

Esteemed Contributor

I am really sad to hear this news. I would be happy to be a friend with you on Facebook. As one of the original founders of this group, I have found it to be a valuable connection and support. Perhaps we could have a shopaholics group page with or without a moderator.

On a personal note, today I talked with the physical therapy department of the local hospital regarding PT plus rehab since I live alone. Tomorrow, I go to the city and the hospital there for pre-admission testing.
**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.