Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, OCT. 26)

Gre eetings, shopping friends. It is a dreary day with showers off and on but with temps about ten degrees higher than yesterday.

I had the best night of sleep in weeks. I had energy today so I began going through the house designating things to go and putting them in a box. Sometimes, I find it easier to do it that way than it is to designate a place and stay there. Translated, that means when I see something that strikes me as no longer needed as I go through the house, it goes then rather than waiting and possibly losing the motivation to get rid of it later.

I have no desire for the TSV. Last year, I bought the larger one to organize cosmetics, etc. on my bathroom vanity. I would not have any use for the small version as I  have something that works well in my handbags. I saw the Lug medicine organizer but you would have to buy two if organizing for both morning and evening. Rightr now, I have a small organizer that holds all that I need and organizes for AM and PM. It goes into  one of my Lug bag or other bag pockets.

I did buy the Lug Slider crossbody bag that is highly rated and is on clearance. F13500. I don't really need it but I got it in olive as I've been acquiring a few olive things and the price was great for me. 

I debated going to the city today to get my nails done and to eat out but I am on a decluttering streak, so I don't want to disrupt the motivation and effort. I go to the city on Wednesday for appointments, so hopefully there will be a big donation going also.

If you venture out, do so safely. My county's positivity rate is 1.27% with the state rate about the same. The percent of people in our state being tested is 39.8%, thanks to the free testing.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely one day at a time.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, OCT. 26)

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat   I'm in the mood to reorganize and declutter today too.  I do my best work on Sundays and Mondays because garbage pick up day is Tuesday.  It's been gloomy, chilly and rainy for about a week now.  

I've been tracking Michigan coronavirus cases and fatalities on a spreadsheet since March 29th.  On Friday October 23rd we had the highest number of positive cases in a single day (3,338) since this all began. 

Folks are gonna do what they are gonna do Woman Frustrated

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama  Bernie--You are so right on two points: garbage pickup is a great motivator and people will do what people will do.  You would think when the testing was free that people would turn out in huge numbers. I don't know how many turned out in our county. 

The mindset of many was evidenced on FB with this as a sample comment: "I don't have any symptoms, so why should I be tested?" This seemed to be the belief of many without considering they might be carriers without symptoms.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's rainy today. So much for the forecast. It rained during the night but the not enough to collaspe the 15 leaf bags for pick up. More rain is in the forecast for today and tomorrow. I think they said it was part of another storm. I should just base the forecast on my knees and skip the tv. LOL

Today is laundry day. I may pay a few bills or do some addtional on line window shopping for the range. I've called the vet's office ro refill the Apoquel and purchase another 6 months of heartguard. I'm hoping they take the debit card for the rewards value from the heartgurad company. Those cards are always tricky to use. At least, that's been my experience with them. 

The TSV caught my eye just for a gift for my grandson's girlfriend. The two of them do vacation and she always takes one trip to Germany to see her Grandmother. I know she's on a shoestring budget so I like to give her something that she needs or could not get for herself. I know they travel light so I wondered if that second case could be used for clothing. I finally decided against this set. I may look at Samatha Brown on HSN because I remember her stating the differences in alloted sizing between US and Europe. Can you tell that I'm starting to get nervous about the Christmas shopping? 

I still haven't seen any "official" times for Trick or Treat night. They cancelled the holiday "Light Up Night" so I'm assuming that Halloween is the same. I posted on the Community website but so far no answer. Yet, some homes are really decorated for  Halloween.I have to say that I'm not comfortable with handing out rice krisprie treats even if I could have the 6' spacing on the porch. I think we will just stay lights out and be cautious this year. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  It is mostly cloudy and much cooler here today with a high in the 60's and a low of 33 degrees.  We have had some off and on sprinkles.  The "exciting" news is that I was able to wear a jean jacket today when I went to my dermatologist appointment.  I have a bright orange Chico's jacket that is nearly 15 years old, and it is most appropriate for this time of the year.

Glad you were able to sleep well, and have a lot of energy for deculttering today.  No TSV for me since I have a travel case that works well, and I have a container that is fine for home use.  Hope you like your new bag.  I went through my bags when I bought new storage containers, and I have plenty. 

I saw they are having a sale on a beautiful Linea faux suede jacket that I own.  Unfortunately, I have not had much chance to wear it, but it is a winner.

Hi Bernie, like Jean, I agree with you on both points.  I try to go through my refrigerator on Monday since my trash pick up is Tuesday.  Fortunately, I already went through the freezer section and got disposed of/rearranged things. 

And, what can I say about those who choose not to wear masks, etc.  My opinion and that of most health experts don't seem to make any difference.  

Hope your medical appointment went okay, Glenda.

I am back from my dermatologist who "froze" a small place on the side of my nose.  I seem to have these places almost every year, and end up having this done.  He describes them as possible pre-cancerous growths.  That place will turn red, but it is covered by my mask.

My OLLI American Revolution history class starts at 11, and I have an eye doctor appointment this afternoon.  I realized that it is highly likely that I will be getting new glasses, etc. this afternoon, and I had not set aside money to pay for them.  Fortunately, there is money in the bank, but I'm not happy with myself for forgetting this when I made the appointment.  Oh well..... 

Yesterday, I made a new recipe for an Indian dish called Dal.  It has lentils in it plus a lot, lot of other ingredients like herbs and spices, etc.  I got the recipe from my plant based diet class, and I sure hope I like it since I made enough for at least two nights plus another two nights in the freezer.  

Over the weekend I also made some pumpkin cranberry muffins plus some pumpkin dessert (basically the pie without the crust).  I thought of you Jean since I know you are a pumpkin fan.  This is our time of the year for sure.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Just saw your post, Fressa.  Sorry the weather wasn't as predicted.  My retirement area really doesn't have Trick or Treat visitors, but the next town up (very close) has canceled those activities.  They had a "drive by" celebration last Saturday instead.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ha ha ha, I was determined to find something to throw out.  I went through my cupboards and found 3 canned items way past their prime.  I also had a box of crackers that I didn't feel safe eating.  What I am laughing about is that I had a wee bit of toilet bowl cleaner, tub and tile cleaner and liquid soap in containers so I said, lemme clean the toilet again, scrub the sink one more time and refill the soap dispenser in the kitchen.

Oh I made sure I had benefiber with coffee twice this morning since that container was almost empty too.  Woman Embarassed

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fressa--We have community parties for Halloween instead of door to door trick or treat, which has been a practice since a few years ago when people were putting tthings in the goodies to cause harm. People can donate unopened bags of candy or money to the event organizers. The event has costume judging, etc.

Linda--I had to go and check out that jacket and really liked it but I am overloaded with jackets. I do hope the red spot caused by the freezing of the pre-cancerous spot disappears quickly. I have had that done. The pumpkin cranberry muffins sound great, as does the dish. It put me in the mood for some Thai food.

Bernie--Good job on using the last of the cleaning supplies. We wouldn't want it to come loose and clean the trash. I probably would have ditched it without cleaning.

I work tomorrow and Thursday, and have appointments in the city on Wednesday. I'm actually donating shoes as they weren't worn the past year. Right now, I am tired so I've likely hit the end of the decluttering effort for the day.