Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, OCT.24)

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and a bit cool today. Freezing temps at night. Wednesday is the only day of rain for the week. Leaves are all over the place but 'tis the season. 

We spent the weekend putting the outdoor covers over everything and doing small projects/repair work. I decluttered another 2 pair of crop pj's. I did rearrange the spare room closet to get all the storage cubes on one side and the oragami shelf on the other. I had to move the stacking cube from that space. I'm going to find a corner in that room for it. In the middle of all that shoving and sliding I bruised my finger and nuckle .The purple is finally gone and the swelling is down. Grace and poise was never a gene that I had. LOL

I had purchased the VPH leather storage boxes. I thought I would use them for those misc. files and charge receipts. They were on a luncthime special price and I was pleased with the quality. I finally tackled that paperwork mess and am pleased with the outcome. I know I keep too may receipts and need to work on that to reduce the paper in desk files. Bit by bit it's slowly coming together. 

The inspection went well for the Crosstrek and was budget frinedly with the coupon. The Legacy is due in December and crossing my fingers we have the same good luck. The boiler repairman is tomorrow so hopefully that repair is not to costly. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, OCT.24)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Sorry you injured yourself in the moving process.  Like you, I manage to bruise, (in my case also burn, and cut) myself way too often.  Really try to avoid doing that, but I am usually trying to do too many things at once.  

Glad the car inspection wasn't too expensive and went well.  I have some VPH faux leather ottomans that I find useful.  Also some fabric ones from a different brand that are good.  My problem is that I don't go through the papers often enough.  Paper sorting takes a lot of time and shredding, and I am easily distracted.

Our weather is cool today with the high expected to be 65 degrees and a low of 39 degrees.  I think that is cooler than it has been in a long time here.  Definitely will need a warm jacket tomorrow morning on my walk.

Nothing exciting going on here.  I had an OLLI class and plan to do an exercise DVD soon.  I did a bit of cooking and cleaning yesterday, and plan to do more today.  

No TSV for me, and I haven't found any real "want" items, which is a good thing.  Still trying to declutter.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte--I agree about the time involved with shredding paper. I have an empty boot box that I put all the discarded paper, reciepts, old tax "stuff" in .My shredder runs fine until you use it for more than 10 minutes then it turns itself off to "rest/cool". Then you can continue. It's a pain but I've had that same situation with others. Since I shred QVC receipts thru there I keep an old eyeglass repair kit handy to pick out any adhesived labels that may have stuck to the rollers. I have finally timed it out to be 3 bins worth of shredded whatever and then I'm done for the week/month. I think the sticky labels really take a toll on the "rollers". After 3 trips to the garage to empty the bin I'm ready to stop that fun and move on to something else. 

Enjoy your OLLI class. 

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa, my dh & I hadn't shredded anything for the first 42 years that we were married.  We were amazed at what was in the file cabinet.  Now we do it in January or February when we don't want to go outside.  In a few weeks I will be bringing my winter clothes   up to our master bedroom and taking most of my summer  clothes down.  It doesn't take that long as I declutter at the same time. We had a brief shower early yesterday morning.  It was good as it wet down the leaves that my dh has been raking/leaf blowing to the curb.  We hope the city picks them up soon.

Linda L, it was in the low  60's when I did my walk this morning.   It was sunny,  beautiful and windy on my moped.  

We had beautiful weather all weekend and met my bf from HS and a friend of hers for lunch yesterday.  Then we had a  lot of fun playing Euchre.

This morning we heard a small bang and the lights went off for a moment.  I had to reset a few clocks and my microwave.  The TV in the basement just gets 'snow," so I was on the phone for an hour this afternoon with the TDS guy.  He is coming tomorrow morning to hopefully fix it.

We went to the gym this afternoon and there were only 4 of us there.  Our membership expires on Wednesday, so we wrote a check to the senior center for $175 which covers both of us for another year.   It's a nice place and they have a lot of things to do that we enjoy.

We are planning to go on a day trip on Wednesday and hope that there are still leaves on the tree's.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70---Have fun on your day trip. Hope your repair bill is reasonable. 

When I retired I was able to convert my closet to all season wear items. I kept the dressy items in a truck in the cedar closet. I still have some clothing in the cedar closet that will all be donated soon. Out of sight out of mind. 

We handled all my Mom's paperwork and between the two of us we seem to have so may files. I've been slowly going thru them but it sure takes time. I'm so super cautious about shredding anything that it takes me awhile before I figure it's safe. LOL Honestly, I swear this stems from my previous career and the inspection from the auditors. It was four times a year and each from a different part of the business. Don't miss that for a second. LOL